Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I had a goal to run 1000 miles this year. Hit that this morning. Uped the goal to 1200 for the year.
    That's really good. Nice job.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    That's really good. Nice job.
    Well done all.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Down 15 lbs on the new year. Excited for summer!!!
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Nice work BITF.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Down 55 as of this morning. Diet and exercise. Who knew?
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Good job, very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Nice work. I started a concerted effort myself a couple months back. I'm down just over 20 and feeling great. Would like to drop 15 more.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Thanks. Can't say that it's been easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Nice work. I started a concerted effort myself a couple months back. I'm down just over 20 and feeling great. Would like to drop 15 more.
    Nice! Oh that I had just ~35 lbs to lose when I started.

Nice job. That's impressive...and really fast.

I think the next big scientific advancement is coming in the area of will power and motivations. I know that's really broad, so...duh, but more and more research seems to be generally directed this way. It's not like you hadn't tried diet and exercise before, right? What clicked this time? If we can figure that out....wow.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Quote Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
    Nice job. That's impressive...and really fast.

I think the next big scientific advancement is coming in the area of will power and motivations. I know that's really broad, so...duh, but more and more research seems to be generally directed this way. It's not like you hadn't tried diet and exercise before, right? What clicked this time? If we can figure that out....wow.
    My wife and brother were my motivation, but ultimately what clicked was something my daughter innocently said to me at Christmas. I had a full beard at the time, which was more salt than pepper, and she simply said "all that's missing is the hat, dad!" (you can guess the inference). I laughed but couldn't shake the feeling my recent weight gain had had an affect on her. So by mid January I had formulated a written plan (this was key for me), and off I went. For me it was a complete change in lifestyle.

Each reached their own weight loss goals; my wife, via gastric surgery (generously paid for by Fusnik and CJ), and my brother thru his own diet and exercise program.

I had set a goal of 50 lbs lost by the end of May. I am down 73 lbs YTD.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Very cool. Have any more to lose? What is your ultimate goal?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Very cool. Have any more to lose? What is your ultimate goal?
    Yes, unfortunately. I want to get down to 165 so about 60 more to go.

Dang. That is crazy impressive. Way to go, man.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    Dang. That is crazy impressive. Way to go, man.
    Thanks. You'll be pleased to know that biking is a big part of my current workout.

Yes, unfortunately. I want to get down to 165 so about 60 more to go.
    Holy crap....from 3 bills to 165? You wouldn't even be recognizable as the same person.

Thanks. You'll be pleased to know that biking is a big part of my current workout.
    I am very pleased. Biking is great way to melt off pounds. Its a real calorie hog if done right and is very easy on the joints.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    I am very pleased. Biking is great way to melt off pounds. Its a real calorie hog if done right and is very easy on the joints.
    I've been thinking about getting into biking. How is it done right?
    Not that, sickos.

Quote Originally Posted by thesaint258 View Post
    Yeah, I'm up for some details on that.

I have plantar fascia problems the last six months that have really derailed my running despite my best efforts.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

What's the rest of it?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

What are you doing for nutrition/diet? I love to work out and be active. I love eating more, though.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

What's the rest of it?
    Elliptical and portion control.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    What are you doing for nutrition/diet? I love to work out and be active. I love eating more, though.
    Fortunately the movement away from processed foods was easier than I thought. I found I also crave vegetables much more than before. A lot more eating at home and eating more frequently, just less. I'm doing around 1100 calories a day, max (except for last week on vacation). It's been a challenge, one that I've failed many times before, but I'm resolved at this point to see it through. My younger brother is 10 lbs away from a 130 lb turn around and my older brother of 50 now runs marathons. I guess I'm just trying to keep up with the Joneses.

1100? I'm at 1700 and it mostly sucks (though I'm getting used to it).
    - Goatnapper'96

1100? I'm at 1700 and it mostly sucks (though I'm getting used to it).
    It isn't all peaches & nonfat cream.

Quote Originally Posted by thesaint258 View Post
    I'm probably the wrong guy to ask.

Elliptical and portion control.

Fortunately the movement away from processed foods was easier than I thought. I found I also crave vegetables much more than before. A lot more eating at home and eating more frequently, just less. I'm doing around 1100 calories a day, max (except for last week on vacation). It's been a challenge, one that I've failed many times before, but I'm resolved at this point to see it through. My younger brother is 10 lbs away from a 130 lb turn around and my older brother of 50 now runs marathons. I guess I'm just trying to keep up with the Joneses.
    1100 calories doesn't seem healthy.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Vitamins. I'll be up to 1800 by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    definitely healthier than being 350+
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Finally hit my goal today: 185 lbs.

Started this journey 14 months ago at 320.

52in waist to a 36.
    4XL shirt to XL-L.

I've never worked so hard at anything in my life (those were not the best two years, btw ).

Our trip to Disneyworld next week should actually be fun this time. Yay for me :/