• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want (need) to learn Cantonese.
    Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
      I want (need) to learn Cantonese.

You want to understand what the in-laws are saying when they mock you at the dinner table.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
        Athletic:

- 2 Ironmans
        - 3 Marathons
        - Drop under 170 (FINALLY!!!!!!!!!)
        - 1500 running
        - 2500 cycling
        - 100 swimming

Other:

- Learn how to play guitar
        - Create a rough draft of my book
        When/where is the 2nd Ironman and what are the other 2 marathons? And what happened to French?
        I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
          When/where is the 2nd Ironman and what are the other 2 marathons? And what happened to French?
          The second is in AZ in November. The other marathons are The Woodlands in March and one of the Utah ones (st. George?) in the fall.

French is for later.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
            The second is in AZ in November.
            I volunteered this year and almost registered. It looks like a fast, fun race with great community support.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              You want to understand what the in-laws are saying when they mock you at the dinner table.
              Well, there's that and making sure that future kids can't scheme right in front of me. We're also thinking about a trip to Hong Kong when her brother gets back from his mission, and I'd like to not be the typical American tourist who relies on the fact that there are people all over the world who speak English. I always enjoy random peoples' faces when they are talking about you in their language, then you start speaking it, too.
              Not that, sickos.

Comment

First one is to get faster than before getting my knee fixed.

Second one is to ride Lotoja one more time. I need one more to get my 1000 miles medal and I've got a couple of classmates from high school that want to do it and have asked if I'll drag them to Jackson.

Third is to really work on my golf game by hitting buckets of balls and practice my chipping and putting. The two buckets and thirty minutes on the practice green a year just isn't working anymore. I think I've got one more under par round in me before I'm to old to hit it out of my shadow.

I like Ticks goal of a book a month so I'm going with that also.
                Last edited by RC Vikings; 12-30-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Health: I'd like to weigh 199 in 2014. That would be 45 pounds from where I am now.

Athletic: I'd like to play at least 30 times in 2014, with consecutive rounds in the 70's.

Business: I'd like $1,000,000 in sales in 2014. (I'm the canary in the mine with the economy.)

Special Op's Project: Build my anti-gravity prototype, and demonstrate it to a local shipbuilder.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    Finally going to make that trip to Cuba?
                    I wish. I'll be in Costa Rica, Utah, California, and Alaska from January - August, so once I get home, I think I can swim 50 miles in five months.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Semi-Athletic:

- 2 5k races, go sub-22
                      - 2 10k races
                      - 2 Halfs, sub-2 and aim for 1:52 or better
                      - 1 Marathon, sub-4
                      - Jump into Tri (at least a sprint or two, but aim for an Olympic or Half)
                      - Some kind of big ride
                      - 1000 running (that's a stretch over this year's goal of 750, but I finished with 925. As of Day 1, I'm on pace for 2,555, so I should blow this away, right?)
                      - 1250 cycling

Off the road:

- Get back to learning piano
                      - 12 books
                      - Get a new job

I was going to say sub-50 for a 10k but in my training run today, I ran ~49:40 but I guess I need to make that official in a race. I've only run a 5k, 2 halfs and a full so far anything will be an official PR.
                      Last edited by Parrot Head; 01-01-2014, 09:00 PM.
                      I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

1. Lose 50 lbs
                        2. Break 80
                        3. Grow business by 100%
                        4. Go back to school
                        5. Build something
                        6. Be more involved.
                        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

I really just have two goals for 2014 related to physical fitness:

1. Finally get that sub-20 5k. Came close this past year, even went under but not on a legit 3.1 course. current PR is 20:20, so I need to just shave a few seconds per mile. I'm feeling very hopeful about this one, and I've been obsessed with it for a couple years now, so it's about time.

2. Run 2,000 miles. I hit about 1600 this year, so it's a big chunk more but doable.

any other running/fitness milestone is frosting.

Comment

Drop 35 lbs. by summer. Got to go to the 20th reunion this summer. 235 is okay for me.

Read 25 books through audio tape.

Increase income by 50% through being more selective with clients and being harder nosed about billing.

Cut the debt load by 50%.

Spend a lot of time with my boy playing hoops (he really likes it). Spend a lot of time with my girl finding something that she is interested in. Have my toddler grow up and not put everything in his mouth.

Tell the old lady how amazing she is more often.

Comment

Not make any resolutions.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I'll wait to see what resolutions come out of CES. I don't think 4K is ready yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X