2014 Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I had a goal to run 1000 miles this year. Hit that this morning. Uped the goal to 1200 for the year.
    That's really good. Nice job.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      That's really good. Nice job.
      Well done all.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Down 15 lbs on the new year. Excited for summer!!!
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
          Nice work BITF.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Down 55 as of this morning. Diet and exercise. Who knew?
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Good job, very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                Nice work. I started a concerted effort myself a couple months back. I'm down just over 20 and feeling great. Would like to drop 15 more.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  Thanks. Can't say that it's been easy.

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Nice work. I started a concerted effort myself a couple months back. I'm down just over 20 and feeling great. Would like to drop 15 more.
                  Nice! Oh that I had just ~35 lbs to lose when I started.

Comment

Nice job. That's impressive...and really fast.

I think the next big scientific advancement is coming in the area of will power and motivations. I know that's really broad, so...duh, but more and more research seems to be generally directed this way. It's not like you hadn't tried diet and exercise before, right? What clicked this time? If we can figure that out....wow.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      Nice job. That's impressive...and really fast.

I think the next big scientific advancement is coming in the area of will power and motivations. I know that's really broad, so...duh, but more and more research seems to be generally directed this way. It's not like you hadn't tried diet and exercise before, right? What clicked this time? If we can figure that out....wow.
                      My wife and brother were my motivation, but ultimately what clicked was something my daughter innocently said to me at Christmas. I had a full beard at the time, which was more salt than pepper, and she simply said "all that's missing is the hat, dad!" (you can guess the inference). I laughed but couldn't shake the feeling my recent weight gain had had an affect on her. So by mid January I had formulated a written plan (this was key for me), and off I went. For me it was a complete change in lifestyle.

Each reached their own weight loss goals; my wife, via gastric surgery (generously paid for by Fusnik and CJ), and my brother thru his own diet and exercise program.

Comment

I had set a goal of 50 lbs lost by the end of May. I am down 73 lbs YTD.

Comment

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Very cool. Have any more to lose? What is your ultimate goal?
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Very cool. Have any more to lose? What is your ultimate goal?
                              Yes, unfortunately. I want to get down to 165 so about 60 more to go.

Comment

Dang. That is crazy impressive. Way to go, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X