2014 Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
    My wife has thought of having me committed several times over the past year, yes.

My 15 year-old daughter weighs 110 lbs and to think I have lost more than she weighs is really staggering. For those of you who struggle like I do, just know that if this normally unmotivated nobody can do it, ANYONE can.
    I think the heaviest pack I ever carried around on long backpacking trips was around 60 pounds. I'll always remember the incredible sense of relief I felt after dropping the pack at the end of a day's hike. You essentially dropped more than two of those packs, and it has to feel awfully good, while the prospect of putting them back on will likely be enough of a deterrent to help you keep them off.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Now I've just got to remember the race isn't over, especially with my propensity for overindulgence.
      So did you use HCG the entire time? Or did you do something different?
      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        So how did you do it?
        Really just diet and exercise. I also had to take it in small increments. I never looked past small realistic goals, mostly of physical activity and calorie counting, which obviously correlated with the weight loss.

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        I think the heaviest pack I ever carried around on long backpacking trips was around 60 pounds. I'll always remember the incredible sense of relief I felt after dropping the pack at the end of a day's hike. You essentially dropped more than two of those packs, and it has to feel awfully good, while the prospect of putting them back on will likely be enough of a deterrent to help you keep them off.
        I surely hope so. My desire for the really bad stuff has waned fortunately.

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        So did you use HCG the entire time? Or did you do something different?
        Are those your mother's initials?
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Really just diet and exercise. I also had to take it in small increments. I never looked past small realistic goals, mostly of physical activity and calorie counting, which obviously correlated with the weight loss.

I surely hope so. My desire for the really bad stuff has waned fortunately.

Are those your mother's initials?
          Huh? So I ask a sincere question and you come back like a dick head. Cool. You said earlier 1100 calories and vitamins so I assumed that was HCG. I have known people who have done that for a short period so I was curious if you did it the entire time.
          *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Huh? So I ask a sincere question and you come back like a dick head. Cool. You said earlier 1100 calories and vitamins so I assumed that was HCG. I have known people who have done that for a short period so I was curious if you did it the entire time.
            Ha! Right.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Now I've just got to remember the race isn't over, especially with my propensity for overindulgence.
              201 as of this morning.

I always seem to gain weight in the summer which seems to me to be counter intuitive. Football season is also rough.

Comment

• Ok, a not-so humblebrag...175. I haven’t been at this weight since high school maybe even junior high. Feels pretty good. Played 18 at Soldier Hollow and now we’re headed to the Pride Festival. 4-5 years ago I’d have needed a defibrillator and 3 days of rest. Feels pretty good.

At one point I think my goal was like 160-165 but I’m tired, dammit!

Comment

• Congrats — that’s amazing and rare to get that much weight off and maintain it.

Comment

• Wow. That is very impressive. Way to go.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• 320 to 175 is insane
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Thanks. It has been very, very difficult to do this without resorting to medical assistance and/or insanity. Mrs BIFL has had great success and continues to do well in the years since her gastric surgery. All told she has lost 60 lbs and is currently a size 8. I didn’t think, and I still don’t, that she needed it but it’s hard to argue with the results

For me, it still takes so much work to maintain that I consider myself a recovering food-coholic. It’s been a few years so I’m hoping I’ve beaten this.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          320 to 175 is insane
                          anything to 320 is also insane.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Congrats on the weight loss - be careful though, it is really hard to keep off - I speak from experience. When I first joined this site, I had just lost 137 lbs - I got down it 163 (Ya'll can do the arthimatic)I was unable to maintain that weight ( Some events happened and I started to stress eat). I went up to 235lbs and I am currently at 205. I really need to get back down to 180, but it it seems to be harder than the first time I lost the weight

Once again good luck and congrats - I am impressed
                            Last edited by happyone; 06-06-2018, 02:59 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                            X