Sochi 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    I believe there's something good to take away from every Olympics. For Sochi, I'll always remember the babuschkas dancing on the sidelines for an hour while the athletes walk by.
    Don't tell me you've already forgotten the journey through the Cyrillic alphabet.

My takeaway so far is Russia sucks.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Seriously, nbc. Subtitles. Try them out.

Comment

Oh, and also, when somebody is speaking English, it's not time to hear from the announcers. Amateurish.

Comment

Trolololo!
          Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 02-08-2014, 01:04 AM.
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Ice dancing is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              Ice dancing is awful.
              How about ski dancing?

Comment

that one russian ice skater that is favored to win everything reminds me a little of thom yorke but without the wonk eye.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                  How about ski dancing?
                  Good grief. I remember when that was a demonstration sport at the Olympics opening in the early 90s. Wasn't there some ridiculous horse dancing in the Olympics in London?

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    How about ski dancing?
                    Bloody hell. And these are the same people who wanted to eliminate wrestling.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

for all of you people talking crap about ski dancing, let's see you try it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Bloody hell. And these are the same people who wanted to eliminate wrestling.
                        That's exactly what was going through my mind. I guess fabulous people are just more vocal when it comes to their sports.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          for all of you people talking crap about ski dancing, let's see you try it.
                          I showed that clip to my wife and now she is a fan.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I showed that clip to my wife and now she is a fan.
                            Im with Mrs. Leb. I hadn't ever seen that before, but that is way more entertaining than skeleton or biathlon.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

they should add a dancing component to most of these traditional-yet-boring winter events. Dancing biathlon would be pretty sweet, actually.

sigpic

Comment

Some guys will do anything so they can bring out their red sash, and look "fabulous."

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X