X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    I quite enjoyed this article:

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wo...l-experiences/

$51B in debt sure doesn't go as far as it used to...
    Yeah, that has some great stuff.

A friend who works for one of top sponsors was unsuccessful in trying to stay away. He's not happy about going.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Glad to see sticking the Olympics next to the terrorist portion of Russia is turning out as well as everyone hoped.

Meanwhile, I'm already looking forward to the 2018 World Cup in Qatar and watching games played in 120 degree weather. I don't know about you, but I loved the horn-blasting Africans ruining the 2010 World Cup. The Germans in 2006 didn't know how to properly ruin theirs. Their first world infrastructure, facilities, security and open society were so boring.

It's great seeing the third world and dictators get their turn after Salt Lake, Vancouver, Japan, South Korea, London and Germany have done such a poor job at putting forth shitty Olympics and World Cups. The South Africas, Qatars and Russias of the world are much more capable of pulling off terrible world wide sporting events.

EDIT: my apologies, apparently the 2018 World Cup is in Russia, not Qatar. The 2022 World Cup is in Qatar. FIFA is hellbent on keeping the World Cup out of the first world for as long as they can.
      Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 02-06-2014, 10:15 AM.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

It was only a matter of time before a Russian official said something about western journos and their portrayal of Sochi hotel rooms — but no one could guess that it would be such a foot-in-mouth moment.

Responding to the western campaign of "deliberate sabotage" in the media, Paul Sonne of WSJ reports, Russian deputy prime minister Dmitry Kozak said, "We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day."
        http://www.businessinsider.com/hotel...abotage-2014-2
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          Glad to see sticking the Olympics next to the terrorist portion of Russia is turning out as well as everyone hoped.

Meanwhile, I'm already looking forward to the 2018 World Cup in Qatar and watching games played in 120 degree weather. I don't know about you, but I loved the horn-blasting Africans ruining the 2010 World Cup. The Germans in 2006 didn't know how to properly ruin theirs. Their first world infrastructure, facilities, security and open society were so boring.

It's great seeing the third world and dictators get their turn after Salt Lake, Vancouver, Japan, South Korea, London and Germany have done such a poor job at putting forth shitty Olympics and World Cups. The South Africas, Qatars and Russias of the world are much more capable of pulling off terrible world wide sporting events.
          Weird rant. Yeah, I said it.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Alex Burns ‏@aburnspolitico 2h So Sochi has basically turned into a "Borat" sequel at this point

Comment

Journalists tweeting about their accommodations in Sochi.
                http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...l-experiences/
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Hack-o-riffic!
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Sorry, sizz!
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

EDIT: my apologies, apparently the 2018 World Cup is in Russia, not Qatar. The 2022 World Cup is in Qatar. FIFA is hellbent on keeping the World Cup out of the first world for as long as they can.
                      Расслабьтесь, Фрэнсис.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Watching the Olympics with non-American broadcasters is interesting.
                        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          Расслабьтесь, Фрэнсис.
                          That's funny.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            The restrooms...

Bfn_kqgIIAAC5mn.jpg
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Michael Ian BlackVerified account
                              ‏@michaelianblack
                              My interest in the Sochi games really does not extend past hearing about how disgusting the hotels are.
                              https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/...69858649624576

Comment

I believe there's something good to take away from every Olympics. For Sochi, I'll always remember the babuschkas dancing on the sidelines for an hour while the athletes walk by.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X