No announcement yet.

Sochi 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere that it cost more than the previous 21 Winter Olympics combined. If true, that's crazy.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
      No gays in Sochi. No corruption at the Games.

Which statement is less credible?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
        What a backasswards country. Are the Russian women's BB teams ever competitive in the Olympics?

I am sure China is just as backwards on these issues. Move to more and more state control and this is what could happen. Just a warning to all you dems as to what you may be bringing about with BIG government.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          What a backasswards country. Are the Russian women's BB teams ever competitive in the Olympics?
          Russia could use a few more gay men to help break them out of the awful fashion rut they've been in since forever.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Russia could use a few more gay men to help break them out of the awful fashion rut they've been in since forever.
            I think some day you will see Putin come out of the closet. I have seen more pictures of him with his shirt off more than on.

Ever notice how someone will be so strongly opinionated one way and find out later they were covering up for how they really were. I know a guy who used to be a religious fanatic. At nights he was the king of the red lite district and had a large phone bill to unknown secret numbers each month.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              I read somewhere that it cost more than the previous 21 Winter Olympics combined. If true, that's crazy.
              Probably in post 8 of this thread.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Probably in post 8 of this thread.
                :snicker:
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  I think some day you will see Putin come out of the closet. I have seen more pictures of him with his shirt off more than on.
                  Perhaps you will be the one to come out of the closet.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe I am really out of touch, maybe it is that there has been no snow and no ski season in the PNW, but these feel like the least hyped and least anticipated Olympics in my lifetime.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      Maybe I am really out of touch, maybe it is that there has been no snow and no ski season in the PNW, but these feel like the least hyped and least anticipated Olympics in my lifetime.
                      I am pretty excited about hockey but the marketing and hype leading up to these games has been really subdued.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        I am pretty excited about hockey but the marketing and hype leading up to these games has been really subdued.
                        I thought this was an interesting piece on what Sochi is like in the mad scramble to finalize Olymipic preparations and accommodations. Having served my mission in Guatemala, I also think it's funny how many people take first-world plumbing for granted. We had some epic, epic towers of poopy toilet paper in some of my apartment bathrooms. I'm talking stuff TripleDad can't even begin to imagine.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ju...cene-in-sochi/
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          If you were excited about it, maybe I wouldn't be the only person posting in the Olympic hockey thread.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            If you were excited about it, maybe I wouldn't be the only person posting in the Olympic hockey thread.
                            I am just ready for it to get started.
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Just one day before the Olympic debut of the snowboard slopestyle event, White, snowboarding's biggest name, withdrew from the slopestyle competition, citing "the potential risk of injury" on a course that has drawn concerns about its safety.
                              "After much deliberation with my team, I have made the decision to focus solely on trying to bring home the third straight gold medal in halfpipe for Team USA," White told TODAY in a statement. "The difficult decision to forego slopestyle is not one I take lightly as I know how much effort everyone has put into holding the slopestyle event for the first time in Olympic history, a history I had planned on being a part of."
                              Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-ol...#ixzz2sVTPsLr8

These Olympics already seem to be going really well.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I quite enjoyed this article:

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wo...l-experiences/

$51B in debt sure doesn't go as far as it used to...

Comment

Working...
                                X