Sochi 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Everything seems to be slow in Sochi. It was frustrating to see no American win a half pipe medal but that was a complete crap shoot yesterday. The pipe was in horrible shape and it was almost pure luck to avoid the soft spots.
    Why choose the Russian version of Florida for a Winter Olympics? Well, Putin has some pictures and recordings of certain Olympic selection committee persons which they prefer would not be distributed.

It was a terrible choice to hold the Olympics. The facilities are subpar and the conditions terrible. Let's hold the Winter Olympics on the Big Island next time, why don't we.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      This is a no spoilers thread?
      Every thread is a no spoilers thread, but especially threads discussing live sporting events which will be shown locally on tape-delay. It's called "the internet is not all about Topper" rule, as hard as that may be for Topper to accept.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Every thread is a no spoilers thread, but especially threads discussing live sporting events which will be shown locally on tape-delay. It's called "the internet is not all about Topper" rule, as hard as that may be for Topper to accept.
        So we're not supposed to talk about something that has already happened until people determine we can talk about something that has already happened may be discussed even if we have already watched it on tv?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Spoiler for :
          There are also spoiler tags you can use.

Comment

• i just arrived at the office. Has team USA done anything terrible in the last 45 or so minutes?
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

So we're not supposed to talk about something that has already happened until people determine we can talk about something that has already happened may be discussed even if we have already watched it on tv?
                Yeah, take a read through the movie thread, and notice that people are courteous enough to place plot-specific discussions about months-old films within spoiler tags.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Come on. Simple courtesy. If you can't figure it out, post somewhere else.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yes.

come on, man! how about a spoiler warning!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

come on, man! how about a spoiler warning!
                      Okay where is the spoiler warning tag.

Comment

Okay where is the spoiler warning tag.
                        Spoiler for Location of spoiler warning tag:
                        Click "go advanced" and then look for an icon that says "Show" or something like that on it

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Come on. Simple courtesy. If you can't figure it out, post somewhere else.
                          This place is contemplating encouraging or practicing courtesy? Good to know that it is in the planning stages.

Comment

This place is contemplating encouraging or practicing courtesy? Good to know that it is in the planning stages.
                            You still don't get it. I suspect you never will.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Spoiler for No reading, this is super-secret:
                              Did this work?

Here.

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Spoiler for Location of spoiler warning tag:
                              Click "go advanced" and then look for an icon that says "Show" or something like that on it
                              Last edited by Topper; 02-12-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                You still don't get it. I suspect you never will.
                                I suspect the level of courtesy you believe exists is extinct. It exists when you wish it; otherwise all is rampant with excrement. Of course, I get your banal message, but will ignore it until you practice what you preach.
                                Last edited by Topper; 02-12-2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X