No announcement yet.

MoTab Choir Director Resigns - A Monument to SullyUte's Stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't there speculation that he resigned as a result of the excommunication of Peter Danzig (a member of the orchestra who came out in public support of gay teens?)? I believe Mr. Jessop went on to teach at USU, but it's been a few years.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Does anyone know if he actually is spending more time with his family and grandchildren or did he just take a one year hiatus and is now touring with a different church's choir?
      Works at Utah State:
      http://memorialdaychoralfestival.org..._director.html

There we lots of rumors going around why he left:
      http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18775

Comment

As a complete aside, I followed a link from that article to an article about the death of Paul Walker and came across this quote:

According to the Christian Post, Walker grew up a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Glendale, Calif. Although he was not an active Mormon in his adult years, Walker remained a Christian.

"The people I don't understand are atheists,” Walker said, according to his IMDb bio. “I go surfing and snowboarding, and I'm always around nature. I look at everything and think, 'Who couldn't believe there's a God? Is all this a mistake?' It just blows me away.”
        Excuse my ignorance, but as a non fan of the Fast and Furious series, I have no idea about Mr. Walker's feelings on Christ, but is this article insinuating that Mr. Walker's awe of nature qualify him as a Christian?!
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          As a complete aside, I followed a link from that article to an article about the death of Paul Walker and came across this quote:

Excuse my ignorance, but as a non fan of the Fast and Furious series, I have no idea about Mr. Walker's feelings on Christ, but is this article insinuating that Mr. Walker's awe of nature qualify him as a Christian?!
          Well, that could be one interpretation.

Or...it could be...that Mr. Walker is using his awe of nature as evidence that God must exist.

Being brought up as a Mormon, it probably comes from a Primary lesson many years ago in which he learned that it was more likely for a watch to build itself in the desert than for the Earth to just poof into existence. And it may have been that he was kind of throwing in a little Alma 30:44 - all things moving upon the earth, the planets, etc. are a testament to God's existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            Well, that could be one interpretation.

Or...it could be...that Mr. Walker is using his awe of nature as evidence that God must exist.

Being brought up as a Mormon, it probably comes from a Primary lesson many years ago in which he learned that it was more likely for a watch to build itself in the desert than for the Earth to just poof into existence. And it may have been that he was kind of throwing in a little Alma 30:44 - all things moving upon the earth, the planets, etc. are a testament to God's existence.
            Right, right, right. I get all that. I guess what I was awkwardly trying to get at was the insinuation that the belief in God equates to being a Christian. Sure, growing up in the church we are taught that Christ created the Earth and is equal God and in fact IS God, as the Godhead goes, but that seems a little bit of a jump for a newspaper article.
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Just be glad the Christian Post considers us Christian!

Comment

On a related note Spencer Kinard is out as announcer for Music and the Spoken Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                  Right, right, right. I get all that. I guess what I was awkwardly trying to get at was the insinuation that the belief in God equates to being a Christian. Sure, growing up in the church we are taught that Christ created the Earth and is equal God and in fact IS God, as the Godhead goes, but that seems a little bit of a jump for a newspaper article.
                  I see what you're saying.

It could also be that they picked a random quote of his from his facebook page about believing in God and not some other random quote from him talking about a belief in Christ.

Or it could be along the lines that you are saying - that they kind of assume that anyone talking about God without referring to Him as Allah or Yahweh or Buddha must, by default, be Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post

EXACTLY!
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                    X