No announcement yet.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self appointed freedom Negotiators: "David, Jesus paid taxes to the Romans too. Jesus funded abortion."

David: "And the Romans crucified Jesus!" Not helping.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      Wow. This is crazy. David Fry is refusing to surrender. Nevada superstar Michele Fiore is on the phone trying to talk him down. The religious lecturing going on is pretty intense. He's starting to list his grievances:

1. Having to pay taxes knowing that the money goes to abortions.
      2. Getting raped in prison by "Big Bubba."
      I'm struggling to see what either of these has to do with grazing rights or federal control of public lands. Hmmm.

Comment

• "Don't be afraid of jail. From what I've seen, when you stand up for people's rights, people in jail will like you! David, I was the first one in my family to go to jail."

Comment

• lol he asked for pizza
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            lol he asked for pizza
            Sorry David. National Pizza Day was yesterday.

Comment

Wow. This is crazy. David Fry is refusing to surrender. Nevada superstar Michele Fiore is on the phone trying to talk him down. The religious lecturing going on is pretty intense. He's starting to list his grievances:

1. Having to pay taxes knowing that the money goes to abortions.
              2. Getting raped in prison by "Big Bubba."
              On NPR this morning I heard them say they were wondering where the thousands of Americans were that would support their cause. Poor bastards go up there thinking they were going to start a new American revolution and instead they end up in jail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                lol he asked for pizza
                And now his marijuana.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                  That article was like reading Ann Coulter tell us why Obama is a poor president - so slanted with blatantly distorted facts that none of it is believable. This passage was a particular gem:

I bolded the last part, because it is demonstrably false. Federal grazing lands are in far better condition than they were before the Taylor Grazing Act, and the vast majority of lease holders are ranchers with operations so small that they rely on a second job to make ends meet - definitely not "big ranching barons". There is no doubt that agriculture is subsidized (farming much more than ranching), but since price seeks the cost of production, a subsidy that lowers production costs makes commodities (food) cheaper for consumers. Moreover, most industries are subsidized either directly or through favorable regulations. Healthcare and education are sitting in the first car on that gravy train.
                  I'd expect nothing less from a "big ranching baron" like you. You obviously just hate freedom.

As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Wow. Despite the self appointed crisis negotiator's best efforts, the thing ended peacefully.

Comment

Three of four out. Fourth feeling suicidal.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-sta..._from_the.html
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I'm glad that's over and no one else died. I imagine the LDS guys may be facing some church court action, in addition to everything else.

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        On what charge?!?
                        You really didn't think he hadn't broken any laws?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          You really didn't think he hadn't broken any laws?
                          No, he didn't really think that.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            ....You really didn't think he hadn't broken any laws?
                            I know your question wasn't directed to me, but I was curious about what laws they were arresting him on too. Of course, I assumed he had broken some laws. And I have no idea if all that crap that went on in Nevada was ever resolved.

But when the only report is that he'd shown up there today - as things are wrapping up - and been arrested, I was curious what he'd done. He wasn't part of the initial takeover. The place has been isolated and they've kept people from going on or off the reserve. So did they just pick him up at a roadblock? Or did he try to sneak on and they caught him? Or did they finally get him away from all of his Nevada support and off his ranch to pick him up on charges from whatever happened in Nevada?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              I know your question wasn't directed to me, but I was curious about what laws they were arresting him on too. Of course, I assumed he had broken some laws. And I have no idea if all that crap that went on in Nevada was ever resolved.

But when the only report is that he'd shown up there today - as things are wrapping up - and been arrested, I was curious what he'd done. He wasn't part of the initial takeover. The place has been isolated and they've kept people from going on or off the reserve. So did they just pick him up at a roadblock? Or did he try to sneak on and they caught him? Or did they finally get him away from all of his Nevada support and off his ranch to pick him up on charges from whatever happened in Nevada?
                              sounds like it's the same impeding a federal agents from their duty as his sons. also some weapons stuff.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

The stuff from Nevada was unresolved. He still owes all those grazing fees and has failed to show up for court multiple times. He was obviously emboldened after that standoff but the feds didn't forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X