X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Speaking of funerals...

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3504199-1...-to-draw-large

Nice to see this being held at an LDS chapel. Firearms and all.
    Don't blame the freedom-loving members. Blame the jack-booted government thugs for what is clearly self-defense.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Speaking of funerals...

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3504199-1...-to-draw-large

Nice to see this being held at an LDS chapel. Firearms and all.
      holy cow that video of guy fieri and his son blowing into those antelope horns or whatever is hilarious
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        That article was like reading Ann Coulter tell us why Obama is a poor president - so slanted with blatantly distorted facts that none of it is believable. This passage was a particular gem:

After the end of the homesteading era, the government asserted federal control over the remaining unclaimed land. Some was reserved for national parks and monuments but, as Christopher Ketcham writes, the bulk of it was turned over to agencies like the Grazing Service and the General Land Office, which would eventually become the Bureau of Land Management. Under Western pressure, these were immediately captured by the big ranching barons, granting them grazing rights at a fraction of the market rate (meaning much of the management work carried out by these agencies had to be paid out of federal coffers). The effects on the land's long-term health were disastrous.
        I bolded the last part, because it is demonstrably false. Federal grazing lands are in far better condition than they were before the Taylor Grazing Act, and the vast majority of lease holders are ranchers with operations so small that they rely on a second job to make ends meet - definitely not "big ranching barons". There is no doubt that agriculture is subsidized (farming much more than ranching), but since price seeks the cost of production, a subsidy that lowers production costs makes commodities (food) cheaper for consumers. Moreover, most industries are subsidized either directly or through favorable regulations. Healthcare and education are sitting in the first car on that gravy train.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Cliven Bundy arrested tonight in Portland on his way to join the militants at the bird refuge...I mean...resource center.
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Cliven Bundy arrested tonight in Portland on his way to join the militants at the bird refuge...I mean...resource center.
            On what charge?!?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              On what charge?!?
              Weapons? Speeding? Conspiracy to be a dope?
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                On what charge?!?

Take your pick.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Here you go:

He reportedly faces weapons charges and a conspiracy charge to impede federal officers, the same charge faced by his sons, Ammon and Ryan Bundy, in connection with their takeover of the federal wildlife refuge in Oregon.
                  http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...charges-report
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                    That article was like reading Ann Coulter tell us why Obama is a poor president - so slanted with blatantly distorted facts that none of it is believable. This passage was a particular gem:

I bolded the last part, because it is demonstrably false. Federal grazing lands are in far better condition than they were before the Taylor Grazing Act, and the vast majority of lease holders are ranchers with operations so small that they rely on a second job to make ends meet - definitely not "big ranching barons". There is no doubt that agriculture is subsidized (farming much more than ranching), but since price seeks the cost of production, a subsidy that lowers production costs makes commodities (food) cheaper for consumers. Moreover, most industries are subsidized either directly or through favorable regulations. Healthcare and education are sitting in the first car on that gravy train.
                    Well done. The ignorance on the left of these issues is astonishing.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• My SIL posted on Facebook.
                      Whatever you think of Ammon Bundy, these are the real victims of his stupidity.

https://www.crowdrise.com/bundyfamilyfund

Well, it was taken down, I guess.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Three of four out. Fourth feeling suicidal.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-sta..._from_the.html

Comment

• Wow. This is crazy. David Fry is refusing to surrender. Nevada superstar Michele Fiore is on the phone trying to talk him down. The religious lecturing going on is pretty intense. He's starting to list his grievances:

1. Having to pay taxes knowing that the money goes to abortions.
                          2. Getting raped in prison by "Big Bubba."

Comment

Wow. This is crazy. David Fry is refusing to surrender. Nevada superstar Michele Fiore is on the phone trying to talk him down. The religious lecturing going on is pretty intense. He's starting to list his grievances:

1. Having to pay taxes knowing that the money goes to abortions.
                            2. Getting raped in prison by "Big Bubba."
                            You're on the conference call?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              You're on the conference call?
                              According to the news I was listening to this morning, when she talked to them yesterday and convinced the others to surrender, the occupiers were live streaming the phone call on youtube or something.

I assume they are doing the same again today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                According to the news I was listening to this morning, when she talked to them yesterday and convinced the others to surrender, the occupiers were live streaming the phone call on youtube or something.

I assume they are doing the same again today.
                                Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616S8t9tek4
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X