Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Sadly, so are you.
    For the record, I don't agree with this.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      I have no doubt that there are folks within the BLM that are vindictive, arrogant, power hungry SOB's who will do whatever they want and justify their actions as being in the best interest of the country, people, world, whatever.

Wasn't there a hearing in Southern Utah just this past week or so in which some US Senators or Reps were chastising the BLM for not following the letter and intent of some land use legislation?

And reading some of the allegations made from those supporting the ranchers imprisoned for arson sound pretty damning of the "government" - if they are found to be true.

But that certainly doesn't justify the actions of the "patriots." The Boston Tea Party and eventually the revolution - was much more about the tyrannical government oppressing the people and the people having no means of redress. "Taxation without representation." The rights of the citizens.

We don't live in that world. They have representation. They have the opportunity to vote and to express their concerns to their representatives in government. As much as they want to turn this into that - this has never been and never will be anything remotely similar to the American Revolution.

All that aside - it makes me wonder how much more effective these guys could've been if they had committed to haunting the halls of the house and senate office buildings for the amount of time they were committed to taking over this remote facility. If they had spent that same time - months or years according to them - staying on their elected leaders and hammering their concerns/demands, I tend to think they would've gotten at least as much press. And they likely could've found some elected officials who might've been willing to have a staffer look into their issues. They may have even found a handful of legislators who would champion their cause.
      Good post. And I mean that in the literal way not the message board way. When I read about groups like the Bundys, I always think of Lincoln's "bullets to ballots" argument against the legality of secession in a speech to Congress:

Our popular government has often been called an experiment. Two points in it, our people have already settled,--the successful establishing and the successful administering of it. One still remains,--its successful maintenance against a formidable internal attempt to overthrow it. It is now for them to demonstrate to the world that those who can fairly carry an election can also suppress a rebellion; that ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors of bullets; and that when ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets; that there can be no successful appeal, except to ballots themselves, at succeeding elections. Such will be a great lesson of peace; teaching men that what they cannot take by an election, neither can they take it by a war; teaching all the folly of being the beginners of a war.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

Your long posting history betrays you.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Good post. And I mean that in the literal way not the message board way. When I read about groups like the Bundys, I always think of Lincoln's "bullets to ballots" argument against the legality of secession in a speech to Congress:
          Lincoln? :slap:

https://www.facebook.com/alincolnism/?fref=ts
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Man. I step away for a while and SU delivers. I can't stop laughing.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Another one:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• So apparently Finnicum wrote a novel where the hero takes on the feds and gets into a standoff where he shoots a federal officer, twirls the pistol, and drops it in his holster. Didn't quite work out.

He has said repeatedly in recent weeks that he was ready and willing to die to prove his patriotism and was planning to fight rather than surrender.

Also, there is a video of one of the militia members describing what happened. At the roadblock, all of the other cars stopped but Finnicum refused and took off in his truck. He then ran into another roadblock and ended up getting stuck in a snowbank. He then jumped out of his truck and charged the arresting officers with his gun when he was shot.

Comment

• Gah.. too bad they just didn't tear gas him and destroy his little blaze of glory fantasy.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    So apparently Finnicum wrote a novel where the hero takes on the feds and gets into a standoff where he shoots a federal officer, twirls the pistol, and drops it in his holster. Didn't quite work out.

He has said repeatedly in recent weeks that he was ready and willing to die to prove his patriotism and was planning to fight rather than surrender.

Also, there is a video of one of the militia members describing what happened. At the roadblock, all of the other cars stopped but Finnicum refused and took off in his truck. He then ran into another roadblock and ended up getting stuck in a snowbank. He then jumped out of his truck and charged the arresting officers with his gun when he was shot.
                    I guess charging the officers was the part where he was supporting the Constitution?

Comment

So apparently Finnicum wrote a novel where the hero takes on the feds and gets into a standoff where he shoots a federal officer, twirls the pistol, and drops it in his holster. Didn't quite work out.

ha the bundy people are pushing the narrative that he was either on the ground or had his hands up.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Gah.. too bad they just didn't tear gas him and destroy his little blaze of glory fantasy.
                        Yeah, but all tear gas would likely do in a situation like that is provoke him to start shooting blindly. Gassed people can still pull the trigger.

The standard protocol for arrest situations like this (arresting armed individuals) is to come in with such overwhelming force that any rational person immediately drops the gun and puts their hands up.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          ha the bundy people are pushing the narrative that he was either on the ground or had his hands up.
                          Nope. Video link of eyewitness account:

https://www.facebook.com/mark.mcconnell.127648/videos/10154667085229762/

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            Hands up! Hick lives matter.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

that's funny. this was posted on the bundy ranch facebook page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wA1...be&app=desktop
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                You certainly are a product of the LDS movement to the core.

Comment

Working...
                                X