Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Isn't Besty Gonzales "Mormon" the way that Juliana Hough Roseanne Barr is "Mormon"?
    Yes.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

This battle in Nevada seems to be gaining some legs.. When you see links with words such as "Range War", "Snipers", "Standoff at Nevada Ranch" on drudge. Can't be good.. I think he is making it sounds worse then it is, but what do I know..

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/04/08/631...es-blm-in.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/nevad...ry?id=23225314

Comment

Nevada Governor got involved in lashing out against the feds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

This is interesting to me because I listened to a TED talk by Allan Savory on holistic grazing. I also know cowboy and then you have this issue in Nevada, so I'm kind of an internet expert on the subject.

Comment

Wow. You know Mormons have arrived in the news when Drudge reports it.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

It's the damn oil and gas companies' fault!!!

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2014/0...acking-leases/
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

These people are insane.

I love how the guy filming repeats "We are not the aggressors." Someone's going to get hurt.
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                  These people are insane.

I love how the guy filming repeats "We are not the aggressors." Someone's going to get hurt.
                  I didn't see the poor lady get thrown down, but that could have been a lot worse. The dude with the brown shirt and cell phone camera has a mullet that delivers.

Comment

Having grown up in St. George, I went to school with a million Bundys. Needless to say, the St. G facebook circles are blowing up over this issue. Here's something that has been circulating for a few days:

SHIREE BUNDY COX: I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down.

So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.

Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are?
                    Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks
                    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    I didn't see the poor lady get thrown down, but that could have been a lot worse.
                    Here's an instagram video of the lady getting tossed down. Stupid move by the BLM officer.
                    http://instagram.com/p/mmChBWjOkK/#
                    Last edited by Donuthole; 04-11-2014, 08:48 AM.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Interesting. I just read some of Cliven's statements, and he's sending some mixed messages for sure (I'm still not sure if he's making a 10th Amendment argument or a prescriptive rights/adverse possession argument. Both, I guess).

It seems like this could have been avoided with some good lawyerin', but then again, I've negotiated with cattle ranchers who trust lawyers less than they trust the feds.

Seems like the dude should be happy he was able to use federal lands for 2 decades free of charge without complying with the requirements of the ESA.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Having grown up in St. George, I went to school with a million Bundys. Needless to say, the St. G facebook circles are blowing up over this issue. Here's something that has been circulating for a few days:

Here's an instagram video of the lady getting tossed down. Stupid move by the BLM officer.
                        I wonder how quickly Drudge will post that video up... Surprised I have not seen it yet, but with Sebelius falling on her sword today as well, he has put that as the top news for today..

That was bad form of the BLM officer.. I am curious to know how the BLM officers are trained in enforcement?

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Pretty sure I saw some Mormon whale tale (i.e. Gs) on the woman in the red shirt at the end.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            I wonder how quickly Drudge will post that video up... Surprised I have not seen it yet, but with Sebelius falling on her sword today as well, he has put that as the top news for today..

That was bad form of the BLM officer.. I am curious to know how the BLM officers are trained in enforcement?
                            Textbook training - make an example of the one in the group least likely to fight back.
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

None of the women in the video are hot.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                None of the women in the video are hot.
                                Margaret is a rural honey who bore 11 kids. I am pretty convinced a day of branding does her body more harm than the BLM officer who threw her into the ground did. I also think that it doesn't look real legit to have some dickhead calling 911 for medical help who doesn't even know where he is.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X