Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
    Am I missing it? Where are you guys discussing the death throes of the byu's honor code?
    http://www.sltrib.com/news/3799848-1...rotesting-byus

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...the-Honor-Code
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Aaaaah, thank you.
      What can I say? I skipped a thread with BYU71's name in it.
      "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
      -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
        Aaaaah, thank you.
        What can I say? I skipped a thread with BYU71's name in it.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• From Orphans to Freshmen: Boys From Mozambique Head to Brigham Young University
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• This Neon Tree doesn't shine like it used to. http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/...-swigs-alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Brother Glenn seems like a bitter young man. I did not enjoy his video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                This Neon Tree doesn't shine like it used to. http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/...-swigs-alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Glenn told Dehlin that his exit from the LDS Faith was triggered after the November announcement that married gay couples would be considered apostates of the church, and children of gay couples would not be allowed to participate in church rites.

He said the shock of the announcement led him to spend the bulk of a weekend studying aspects of LDS Church history he had avoided as a practicing member of the faith.
                Should this go into the CES Letter thread? He spent almost an entire weekend of studying, which I take to mean that he read some of it.
                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Unfortunate. He could have done a lot of good for gay Mormons had he chosen to work from within. Also unfortunate because this will alter the dynamic in Neon Trees dramatically and possibly kill the band. None of them have been angels as they have become successful but they did make decisions to present themselves in a certain way. I doubt Tyler will want to continue that trend which might turn off the two members who have continued to embrace the church.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    Brother Glenn seems like a bitter young man. I did not enjoy his video.
                    I don't like it either.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• It would be depressing knowing you are in a Mormon band that had a TV commercial, when there is a Mormon band selling out arenas all over the world.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        I don't like it either.

Because it wasn't a craft beer he was swigging?
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Because it wasn't a craft beer he was swigging?
                          Nah the music sucked and I'm a big fan of the use of religious imagery im a disrespectful manner.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            Unfortunate. He could have done a lot of good for gay Mormons had he chosen to work from within. Also unfortunate because this will alter the dynamic in Neon Trees dramatically and possibly kill the band. None of them have been angels as they have become successful but they did make decisions to present themselves in a certain way. I doubt Tyler will want to continue that trend which might turn off the two members who have continued to embrace the church.
                            How have they not been angels?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                              Should this go into the CES Letter thread? He spent almost an entire weekend of studying, which I take to mean that he read some of it.
                              "bulk of a weekend"?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                "bulk of a weekend"?!

I still don't understand how people who read the CES letter think these are huge faith changing revelations contained in it.

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X