Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 2855

Thread: Mormons in the News

  1. #2731
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Seems like the prosecutors must have really screwed up to not get any convictions.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  2. #2732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Seems like the prosecutors must have really screwed up to not get any convictions.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    They got one. The first guy to plead guilty tried to back out, and got 16 months added to his sentence for his trouble (a total of 87 months).

  3. #2733
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    7,972

  4. #2734
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    14,411

    Default

    Very awesome narrative by Palestinian BYUI Professor

    Palestinian Author Publishes Her Story of Faith
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  5. #2735
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    14,411

    Default

    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  6. #2736

    Default

    Whoa he's Mo???

  7. #2737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Whoa he's Mo???
    duh
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  8. #2738
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    14,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Whoa he's Mo???
    Obviously not a very good one.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  9. #2739

    Default

    I had no idea.

    Just read this:

    https://theintercept.com/2018/02/07/...se-trump-aide/

    Hatch and Kelly vouched for his character, with Hatch going so far as to call the report 'character assassination'. Note to politicians, if a reporter is asking about an incriminating story about someone you know, chances are they have already verified it and it's ready for publication.

  10. #2740
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I had no idea.

    Just read this:

    https://theintercept.com/2018/02/07/...se-trump-aide/

    Hatch and Kelly vouched for his character, with Hatch going so far as to call the report 'character assassination'. Note to politicians, if a reporter is asking about an incriminating story about someone you know, chances are they have already verified it and it's ready for publication.
    Lol. Kelly who called those dreamers who didn't file for DACA yet 'lazy asses' or something to that effect, and Hatch, who, according to Trump, called Donald the Greatest President of All Time Including Lincoln and Washington.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  11. #2741

    Default

    wow. hatch. such an embarrassment. sad at this point his comments are not a surprise, but expected.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  12. #2742
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    wow. hatch. such an embarrassment. sad at this point his comments are not a surprise, but expected.
    But his aide that runs his Twitter account is funny, so it is ok.

  13. #2743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    But his aide that runs his Twitter account is funny, so it is ok.
    That dude should also be put in charge of his spoken comments.

  14. #2744
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    But his aide that runs his Twitter account is funny, so it is ok.
    At first, I thought you were referring to Rob Porter's aide.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  15. #2745
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    At first, I thought you were referring to Rob Porter's aide.
    This could be the case as well. His aide also probably doesn't hit and choke women.

  16. #2746
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Not too interested in defending a man who hits women, but the allegation of physical abuse against his second ex-wife is, well, not the most troubling thing I have ever read.

    Willoughby said the couple’s fights only once resulted in a physical attack against her. “We were yelling in each other’s faces. I disengaged and went to take a shower. Rob was not done fighting. He came to the shower and grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me out of the shower to continue arguing,” she said. “I think he saw the look on my face, and immediately released me and apologized. But it happened and there was no coming back from it.”
    But then again, he gave his first wife a black eye, so I guess that's that.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  17. #2747
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    7,972

    Default

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-met-sex.html

    A St George rep hired someone for sex. The article never said he was LDS but it seems to imply that he was. Reading through her text she was pretty busy.

  18. #2748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-met-sex.html

    A St George rep hired someone for sex. The article never said he was LDS but it seems to imply that he was. Reading through her text she was pretty busy.
    The family picture looks like the backdrop is granite from a temple.

    I assume the woman's escorting days are done. Maybe she was ready to retire and wanted to go out with a bang.

    This is the easiest/laziest journalism work. Find a conservative lawmaker who rails against 'X', and find him participating in 'X'.

  19. #2749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Not too interested in defending a man who hits women, but the allegation of physical abuse against his second ex-wife is, well, not the most troubling thing I have ever read.



    But then again, he gave his first wife a black eye, so I guess that's that.
    Why in the fuck would you minimize physical abuse like that. She tried to disengage and his response was to pull a naked woman out of the shower and re-engage in the argument.

    Seriously, what is the point of this post?
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  20. #2750
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-met-sex.html

    A St George rep hired someone for sex. The article never said he was LDS but it seems to imply that he was. Reading through her text she was pretty busy.
    Ouch. Nasty hooker with a kid.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  21. #2751
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Why in the fuck would you minimize physical abuse like that. She tried to disengage and his response was to pull a naked woman out of the shower and re-engage in the argument.

    Seriously, what is the point of this post?
    Just commentary, funk. No need to blow a gasket.
    Last edited by falafel; 02-08-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  22. #2752

    Default

    heh
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  23. #2753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Just commentary, funk. No need to blow a gasket.
    It just seems really really bizarre that you need to provide commentary that the physical abuse (and by pretty much any definition that is physical abuse) was not all that troubling.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  24. #2754

    Default

    Ouch, that's brutal.

  25. #2755
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    It just seems really really bizarre that you need to provide commentary that the physical abuse (and by pretty much any definition that is physical abuse) was not all that troubling.
    Let's isolate this one instance. Let's say a woman came to me and said "I've been the victim of physical abuse by my husband." I'd say "That's terrible, I'm so sorry. What did he do to you?" "We were having an argument, and I got in the shower in the middle of it, and he pulled me back out of the shower!" My response would probably be "Okay. I can tell you're pretty upset about that. Sorry that happened." I wouldn't exactly be calling the cops or demanding that she get out of the house ASAP.

    That's what I mean by it doesn't seem quite as troubling, especially in contrast with the physical abuse his first wife received.

    First wife: "He physically abused me, it was horrible."
    Second wife: "OMG, he abused me too! What did he do to you?"
    First wife: "He punched me in the face on our honeymoon, giving me black eyes. He frequently threw me down on the bed or couch by force, holding me down with his knee/elbow. He eventually graduated to choking me while on top of me. It was horrible. Did he do the same to you?"
    Second wife: "He pulled me out of the shower!"
    First wife: ".... yeah, that sounds pretty bad too..."
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  26. #2756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Let's isolate this one instance. Let's say a woman came to me and said "I've been the victim of physical abuse by my husband." I'd say "That's terrible, I'm so sorry. What did he do to you?" "We were having an argument, and I got in the shower in the middle of it, and he pulled me back out of the shower!" My response would probably be "Okay. I can tell you're pretty upset about that. Sorry that happened." I wouldn't exactly be calling the cops or demanding that she get out of the house ASAP.

    That's what I mean by it doesn't seem quite as troubling, especially in contrast with the physical abuse his first wife received.

    First wife: "He physically abused me, it was horrible."
    Second wife: "OMG, he abused me too! What did he do to you?"
    First wife: "He punched me in the face on our honeymoon, giving me black eyes. He frequently threw me down on the bed or couch by force, holding me down with his knee/elbow. He eventually graduated to choking me while on top of me. It was horrible. Did he do the same to you?"
    Second wife: "He pulled me out of the shower!"
    First wife: ".... yeah, that sounds pretty bad too..."
    Is what he did to the first wife worse, absolutely. What he did to the second wife was domestic violence. If a woman told me that story, I'd be getting her the resources to get a protective order filed immediately. I would also be advising her to call the cops and get away from him.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  27. #2757
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Is what he did to the first wife worse, absolutely. What he did to the second wife was domestic violence. If a woman told me that story, I'd be getting her the resources to get a protective order filed immediately. I would also be advising her to call the cops and get away from him.
    So you would agree with me that what he did to his first wife is more troubling. What he did to the second wife must therefore be less troubling. So we're back to my original comment, with which you now agree.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  28. #2758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    So you would agree with me that what he did to his first wife is more troubling. What he did to the second wife must therefore be less troubling. So we're back to my original comment, with which you now agree.
    Your original comment wasn't comparing the 2 instances, the original comment was

    Not too interested in defending a man who hits women, but the allegation of physical abuse against his second ex-wife is, well, not the most troubling thing I have ever read.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  29. #2759
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Your original comment wasn't comparing the 2 instances, the original comment was
    Same thing. You can turn your outrage off now.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  30. #2760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Is what he did to the first wife worse, absolutely. What he did to the second wife was domestic violence. If a woman told me that story, I'd be getting her the resources to get a protective order filed immediately. I would also be advising her to call the cops and get away from him.
    If a woman told you she was in an argument with her husband, she got in the shower, and he dragged her out of the shower to argue more, you would tell her to call the cops, and then advise her to leave and get a restraining order? Just curious, what would the cops do? Honest question.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •