Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Thanks Obama!

What the hell, Drumpf? Let the boy go home first!

Yeah, must be an agent.
    People are so dumb. Obviously he's going to be debriefed while he's in Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      It’s doable. No reason to hang onto that student debt because the interest doesn’t help you with taxes the way mortgage interest helps. I paid off all my debt in about 3 years — obviously med school and cost of living overall was much cheaper then.
      What is this, pile on NWC day?!?!

Fine, I had a relatively low debt burden out of med school, and the interest rate was also low. I could have paid it off sooner, but I didn't wanna. Alright?
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• I have around 60k I loan debt with an interest rate of under 4%. I won’t accelerate payment on those loans, but I split excess funds (dividends, bonuses, interest) 40/40/20 (higher interest student debt/college fund for kids/savings)
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• This could probably go in a few threads. But Eric Snider was sort of famous for a few years at BYU. And then he had some notoriety at the Herald, something about ginning up a story with his friend. He's basically been an online freelance journalist ever since.

His latest Snide Remarks column talks about being gay at BYU and beyond:

https://www.ericdsnider.com/snide/me...e-gay-we-were/

I've always enjoyed his writing. He does a really good job with this one.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            This could probably go in a few threads. But Eric Snider was sort of famous for a few years at BYU. And then he had some notoriety at the Herald, something about ginning up a story with his friend. He's basically been an online freelance journalist ever since.

Agreed. Reading SR was easily the best part of Freshman year. The best part of Sophomore year was a winsome lass, but SR was still a close second.

Comment

• I loved Snide Remarks. It was the best thing in the DU in the late 90s. The second best thing was letters to the editor the issue after SR was published each week.

That was a good column. I'm happy for Eric. Sounds like he is in a very good place and selfishly I'm happy he found that place as a believer, even if that is not the easiest thing for a gay mormon to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                This could probably go in a few threads. But Eric Snider was sort of famous for a few years at BYU. And then he had some notoriety at the Herald, something about ginning up a story with his friend. He's basically been an online freelance journalist ever since.

That’s good stuff. I enjoyed his columns also.

I’m totally one of those people who stopped him randomly and said “Hey you’re Eric Snider. Your column is great!”

Comment

• Ex-spy accused of selling secrets to China claims he was trying to help the United States
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Was also a big fan of Snide Remarks. Loved his review of "Titanic".

I followed him on Twitter for a while but he retweeted way too much.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Was also a big fan of Snide Remarks. Loved his review of "Titanic".

I followed him on Twitter for a while but he retweeted way too much.
                      Just as an aside, Twitter does allow you to turn off retweets when you follow someone so you only see original content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        Just as an aside, Twitter does allow you to turn off retweets when you follow someone so you only see original content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        lol stop being such a know it all.

Comment

• I'm glad he found a good place for himself. I also appreciate that he isn't holding it out as the right decision for other individuals that are homosexual and LDS.

I was also a big fan of his writing at BYU. He is a funny guy.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Roseanne Barr Incites Fury With Racist Tweet, and Her Show Is Canceled by ABC
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              I'm glad he found a good place for himself. I also appreciate that he isn't holding it out as the right decision for other individuals that are homosexual and LDS.

I was also a big fan of his writing at BYU. He is a funny guy.
                              Eric is one of the better humorists to come out of BYU. I hope he continues to have a successful career.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                It’s doable. No reason to hang onto that student debt because the interest doesn’t help you with taxes the way mortgage interest helps. I paid off all my debt in about 3 years — obviously med school and cost of living overall was much cheaper then.
                                Very impressive to pay off your debt in 3 just years! Approximately how much did you have to pay for medical school tuition?
                                Last edited by ByronMarchant; 05-29-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X