Page 98 of 114 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 3402

Thread: Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Was she baptized at some point?
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Was she baptized at some point?
    Grew up in SLC. She claims her family was jewish on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings, and then Mormon on Sunday afternoon and the rest of the week. Or something like that. Per wikipedia.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Very impressive to pay off your debt in 3 just years! Approximately how much did you have to pay for medical school tuition?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Grew up in SLC. She claims her family was jewish on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings, and then Mormon on Sunday afternoon and the rest of the week. Or something like that. Per wikipedia.

'I was Ambien tweeting': Roseanne Barr blames sleeping pills for racist outburst that saw show cancelled

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/i...acist-outburst

Is Ambien behaviour a real thing? A quick look on google says it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    'I was Ambien tweeting': Roseanne Barr blames sleeping pills for racist outburst that saw show cancelled

She's always on Ambien.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Yes. My brother used to take ambien on our annual lake Powell trips and my kids loved to wait for it to kick in so they could ask him questions and laugh at his crazy answers. The next day he never could remember any of it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Ambien will fuck a person up and make them say crazy things but it won’t make them write precise racist jokes.

I had to quit taking it. One of the reasons was I would buy shit and say shit and even go drive to the store and have little recollection of it.

I’m not buying Rosanne’s excuse though. She has been all aboard the altright Trump train for awhile.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

No one will believe Ambien as an excuse. Blaming Russian hackers on the other hand... now, that's a bingo!

In other news, the Wayback Machine russia hack affected more than Ms. Reid. For example, archived pictures from my blog now include some fair-skinned ordinary schmoe instead of what I actually look like:

hughjackman.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Sure is. We kicked my mom out of our house after abusing Ambien for 3 years and not being willing to give it up. It makes you say stuff and do stuff that you wouldn't normally do.

Here is how you are supposed to take Ambien:

1. Get ready for bed.
    2. Take Ambien and go to sleep.

Here is what happens with people that abuse Ambien:

1. I'm not going to bed for 45 minutes. But Ambien takes too long to kick in, so I'll just take one now.
    2. Lays down an hour later.
    3. This pill isn't working, I'm going to take another.
    4. Did I take another pill? I don't remember, but I really should...so I will take another one now.
    5. Sit on the kitchen floor naked with the fridge door open watching "TV". (Staring at the open fridge)

Wash...rinse...repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Ambien will fuck a person up and make them say crazy things but it won’t make them write precise racist jokes.

I had to quit taking it. One of the reasons was I would buy shit and say shit and even go drive to the store and have little recollection of it.

I’m not buying Rosanne’s excuse though. She has been all aboard the altright Trump train for awhile.
    I don't buy her excuse but Ambien will make you do all kinds of weird stuff including write things you normally wouldn't.

Last edited by myboynoah; 05-30-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    I don't buy her excuse but Ambien will make you do all kinds of weird stuff including write things you normally wouldn't.
    My wife is a physical therapist by training who in the past has worked a lot with patients who suffered a recent traumatic brain injury. One of her favorite sayings is "it's not just the head injury, it's the head that gets injured." I think this applies here. Yes, a drug can conceivably make someone do something they normally wouldn't. The problem in this case is that Barr has a long history of saying things just like this. So the excuse doesn't quite make it look right in her case. She isn't a nice person who suddenly did something out of character. She's always been nasty and trashy.
    Last edited by BlueK; 05-30-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Is it just me or does nwc’s tweet embedding not show up for their people as well? When I take off the last couple letters of the link t works.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

That reminds me of a curious fellow I once knew in a singles ward many years ago. He was very smart and kind of an eccentric intellectual type who was really into Jewish history and religion. He was active LDS and taught gospel doctrine in the ward but liked to practice much of Judaism in his life at the same time. He didn't grow up in it as far as I know. He used to like to talk about how Judaism and Mormonism are almost completely compatible to be practiced together.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Is it just me or does nwc’s tweet embedding not show up for their people as well? When I take off the last couple letters of the link t works.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    That reminds me of a curious fellow I once knew in a singles ward many years ago. He was very smart and kind of an eccentric intellectual type who was really into Jewish history and religion. He was active LDS and taught gospel doctrine in the ward but liked to practice much of Judaism in his life at the same time. He didn't grow up in it as far as I know. He used to like to talk about how Judaism and Mormonism are almost completely compatible to be practiced together.
    In Rosanne's case, her family actively hid their Judaism, likely to try to fit in in a monolithic culture.

Apparently, Rosanne was also Mia Maid president or something.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

In Rosanne's case, her family actively hid their Judaism, likely to try to fit in in a monolithic culture.

Apparently, Rosanne was also Mia Maid president or something.
    **Siren call to random disgruntled ex-LDS to come now to educate us on how growing up Jewish in Utah in the 70s was even worse than it would have been in 1940s Europe, or some other way out there hyperbolic comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Yeah I've noticed that with the last couple of tweets I've posted. I wondered if it was a formatting issue with the browser I was using.

Which letters are you deleting?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Yeah I've noticed that with the last couple of tweets I've posted. I wondered if it was a formatting issue with the browser I was using.

Which letters are you deleting?

Thanks!

Some tweets don't show up unless you alter your browser Tracking settings.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

Some tweets don't show up unless you alter your browser Tracking settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    lol stop being such a know it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Pre-Historic Man

Spy for China. Ron Rockwell Hansen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44364437
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Spy for China. Ron Rockwell Hansen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44364437
    So now there are two mormon ex-spies accused of spying for China in two weeks? This is bad for the brand.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

So now there are two mormon ex-spies accused of spying for China in two weeks? This is bad for the brand.
    Or maybe just another step in opening China to Mormon missionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Or maybe just another step in opening China to Mormon missionaries.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Bednar is apparently thumbing his nose at President Nelson's 5-day-old order to fast from social media for 7 days.

I have a suspicion that whoever was running Nelson's Twitter account just happened to be going out on vacation. A command to fast from social media was the best way to get away from it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Bednar is apparently thumbing his nose at President Nelson's 5-day-old order to fast from social media for 7 days.

I have a suspicion that whoever was running Nelson's Twitter account just happened to be going out on vacation. A command to fast from social media was the best way to get away from it all.
    Thanks for the update.

Also, have you noticed that YOhio is not honoring the social media fast? You'd think YO would have a great day by simply following the prophet!
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

BYU student gets his car booted, fights back, and gets sued by towing company for $500k.

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-...ovo/1225763196

PROVO (News4Utah) -- A student in Provo is facing a $500,000 lawsuit, filed by University Parking Enforcement (UPE). UPE is a towing company, and it is not owned or operated by Brigham Young University.

Carl Prince claims his legal battle with UPE started in an unmarked parking spot. Prince sued the towing company, citing it illegally withheld evidence.

"I wanted to avoid going to court if possible, so I sent them a letter stating my intent to file a complaint based on those two allegations," said Prince.

UPE refunded his parking ticket, but Prince still took them to court and won.

"This case is about a young man who received a full refund because of a technical error in a statue," said UPE's attorney, Justin Heideman. "(He) decided that wasn't enough so he sued. He got paid, then he decided it wasn't enough, so he sued again."

Prince says he started a Go Fund Me account to raise money for his court payments.

"In 18 years I've never seen a plaintiff who appealed after winning because he didn't feel he won enough, and after he admitted he had no damage," said Heideman.

Prince says he thought it was all over, until he was served papers, which claim UPE is suing him for defamation.

"I said that hundreds of people can attest that UPE often crosses the line. They in their complaint state that these hyperlinks lead to Better Business Bureau and Yelp with a total of 30 reviews," said Prince. "They're stating that since 30 is not hundreds, that that is false, and therefore defamation."

Prince went on to say that there are more than two hundred complaints against the towing company. In fact, Prince says the links don't lead to the BBB. They lead to Google and Yelp. These websites contain more than 200 reviews. Prince says he is not guilty of defamation. He insists these arguments are not valid.

UPE claims Prince is destroying its reputation.

"Now we're stuck dealing with him because he's following our employees, he's talking to the businesses and he's disparaging our reputation online," said Heideman.

Prince says he's not just fighting for himself, he's fighting for others.

"I'm just hoping this exposure perhaps motivates them to maybe rethink some policy, training and ultimately create a better environment in Provo," said Prince.

UPE wants Prince to let it go; however, Prince says he only sued and appealed once. He would be done with the ordeal if UPE weren't suing him for defamation.
    And, lest you think this is a one-off, there is in fact a Facebook group entitled "University Parking Enforcement Sucks" dating back to 2010:

https://www.facebook.com/universityparkingenforcement/
    Last edited by LVAllen; 06-12-2018 at 01:30 PM.

lol a towing company in provo suing for defamation? lol.

*By the way I know that Justin Heideman b/c he was a partner at a law clerk sweatshop in Provo before I took the bar. World class dork of an ambulance chaser.
    Last edited by Commando; 06-12-2018 at 02:01 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

mike lamont is a little bitch and upe is predatory. someone should take the kids case pro bono and punish lamont and the dumbass mercer law () shitlaw practitioner for being bad people and, even worse, dumb people
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    BYU student gets his car booted, fights back, and gets sued by towing company for $500k.

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-...ovo/1225763196

And, lest you think this is a one-off, there is in fact a Facebook group entitled "University Parking Enforcement Sucks" dating back to 2010:

https://www.facebook.com/universityparkingenforcement/
    I hope Prince wins. Parking enforcement does suck.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...