Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any discussion.

http://www.kitv.com/story/38200990/b...ence-on-campus

https://www.change.org/p/brigham-you...eal-for-inês?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• The question I would like answered is how did she get access to the security tapes? It sounds like she was outside where her friend was attacked, at the time of the attack. Somehow she gained access to the security footage and made a copy of it to forward to her friend's family.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        The question I would like answered is how did she get access to the security tapes? It sounds like she was outside where her friend was attacked, at the time of the attack. Somehow she gained access to the security footage and made a copy of it to forward to her friend's family.
        Somewhere I read she had a part-time job in the athletic center where she could view the security footage. Another storm may be brewing a la the Title IX fiasco.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/o...ection=Opinion
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Well done, tribe members.

Comment

• https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-me...pen-1527252975

The comments are ripping this Mormon orthodontist in Utah. I can't say I disagree with those comments. Sell your Tesla, sell your expensive home in Draper, have your wife get a job, and pay off what you owe rather than expecting the rest of the nation to fund your educational dreams and your lifestyle. Dude is a total douchebag.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-me...pen-1527252975

The comments are ripping this Mormon orthodontist in Utah. I can't say I disagree with those comments. Sell your Tesla, sell your expensive home in Draper, have your wife get a job, and pay off what you owe rather than expecting the rest of the nation to fund your educational dreams and your lifestyle. Dude is a total douchebag.
                Paywall. Care to share your password?
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Paywall. Care to share your password?
                  I think this msn article could help you out. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/care...jSr?li=BBnbfcN
                  "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

You will notice where he grew up and went to school. No seriously another Conejo Valley douchebag - color me surprised.
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                      I think this msn article could help you out. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/care...jSr?li=BBnbfcN
                      Ah, thanks.

Not feeling too sorry for him. The majority of his loan is going to be forgiven, thanks to government programs. All he has to do is pay 10% of his discretionary income to loans for ~20 years. His house and Tesla are safe for now.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

I think you're missing at least one of the points. It's tough to make responsible grad school financial decisions when the goal posts move every year.

Comment

yes, ignore the government-sponsored loan forgiveness program that was specifically designed to address crushing student debt like his precise situation. $2500 after tax/debt income on 225k. lol. jealous of his tesla, breh?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            I think you're missing at least one of the points. It's tough to make responsible grad school financial decisions when the goal posts move every year.
                            yes
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              yes, ignore the government-sponsored loan forgiveness program that was specifically designed to address crushing student debt like his precise situation. $2500 after tax/debt income on 225k. lol. jealous of his tesla, breh?
                              Cry me a river.

Nobody forced Mr. Douchebag to engage that crushing debt.

Comment

• Dude made his bed, and should have to sleep in it. Many of us were faced with those same dilemmas but wisely chose the cheaper route over the prestigious route for this precise reason (and because we were repeatedly warned that interest rates were volatile and that there was no guarantee our rates wouldn't increase until we locked). This guy had his "aha!" momemt a bit later, but he still had it and decided to plug along.

Nobody here is jealous of this guy's used Tesla or his 400k Draper home. But it was poor decision making to jump into that lifestyle right out of school, particularly given his debt load. Spend your first 10 years living in a rambler in WVC and driving a Camry.

Also, generally speaking, I'm ok with a debt forgiveness plan for necessary industries where there is a shortage of professionals. But dentistry/orthodonture is certainly not in that category (neither is law).
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X