No announcement yet.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's an article from earlier this month, but gives insight to the guy who was shot.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-death-n491056

Asked if he would rather be killed than be arrested — were the occupation to turn violent — 54-year-old occupier LaVoy Finicum, said: "Absolutely ... I have no intention of spending any of my days in a concrete box."

"There are things more important than your life and freedom is one of them," he said. "I'm prepared to defend freedom."

Finicum, a Mormon rancher from Arizona who has 11 children, broke off from the rest of the group inside the building Tuesday night. He sat on a chair outside the refuge with only a sleeping bag, a blue tarp and his gun protecting him in the frigid open air.

Finicum said he wanted officers to be able to find him if they wanted to serve an arrest warrant.

"I do not want the FBI federal agents to have to go running around in the dark, kicking in doors looking for me, OK?" he said. "I want them to know exactly where I'm at."

This also came with a warning: "I'm telling them right now — don't point guns at me," he said.

Comment

• JL, maybe you should take a break from this thread. I've seen no reason to believe the federal police weren't justified in shooting Finicum. These outlaws certainly engaged in criminal conduct that would inevitably lead to arrest or death among their group. Those under arrest may spend the rest of their lives behind bars. What they have done has serious consequences, and should have. But I don't think this man's violent death is an appropriate subject for comedic irony, parody, or satire, at least not right now. This is Cougarstadium, not Charlie Hebdo.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Every stripe of crazy and radical Mormon strikes a specially tender nerve in progmos and even mainstream Mormons. I wonder why. Here is why: they're yours, they're your people. They are products of the LDS movement as much as you are.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          JL, maybe you should take a break from this thread. I've seen no reason to believe the federal police weren't justified in shooting Finicum. These outlaws certainly engaged in criminal conduct that would inevitably lead to arrest or death among their group. Those under arrest may spend the rest of their lives behind bars. What they have done has serious consequences, and should have. But I don't think this man's violent death is an appropriate subject for comedic irony, parody, or satire, at least not right now. This is Cougarstadium, not Charlie Hebdo.
          JL can speak for himself but I am pretty sure you are missing the point. By a mile. It may be trolling, but that is a weird troll, if so.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Not sure if SU has read the recent posts or trying to bait JL...
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Every stripe of crazy and radical Mormon strikes a specially tender nerve in progmos and even mainstream Mormons. I wonder why. Here is why: they're yours, they're your people. They are products of the LDS movement as much as you are.
              Sadly, so are you.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

But I don't think this man's violent death is an appropriate subject for comedic irony, parody, or satire, at least not right now. This is Cougarstadium, not Charlie Hebdo.
                su the bundy sympathizer. huh. who knew?
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Every stripe of crazy and radical Mormon strikes a specially tender nerve in progmos and even mainstream Mormons. I wonder why. Here is why: they're yours, they're your people. They are products of the LDS movement as much as you are.
                  This hasn't struck any nerves, tender or otherwise, in me, a regular Mormon. I almost can't relate at all to these folks other than at least regular decent human sympathy for their suffering, regardless of how it came about.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    JL can speak for himself but I am pretty sure you are missing the point. By a mile. It may be trolling, but that is a weird troll, if so.
                    JL believes that Finicum was killed defending the Constitution? I really doubt he does.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      su the bundy sympathizer. huh. who knew?
                      I think they are getting what's coming to them. But I'm not dancing about it and none of this is surprising, though the story just got more interesting.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1238882

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I think they are getting what's coming to them. But I'm not dancing about it and none of this is surprising, though the story just got more interesting.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1238882
                        SU, maybe you should take a break from this thread. I've seen no reason to believe JL is trolling or out of line. These outlaws certainly engaged in criminal conduct that would inevitably lead to arrest or death among their group. Those under arrest may spend the rest of their lives behind bars. What they have done has serious consequences, and should have. But I don't think this man's violent death is an appropriate subject you to try and settle scores with JL. This is Cougarstadium, not ub5.
                        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

JL believes that Finicum was killed defending the Constitution? I really doubt he does.
                          He's obviously reposting a meme somebody posted on facebook, which underscores the sad state of affairs surrounding this whole issue.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            He's obviously reposting a meme somebody posted on facebook, which underscores the sad state of affairs surrounding this whole issue.
                            He should have cross-posted in the 'facebook hall of shame' thread!
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Have you read his posts in this thread? It seems you might not have done so.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Have you read his posts in this thread? It seems you might not have done so.
                                Send him an executive memo of the posts, so that an associate can summarize that.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X