Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Moth and the Flame getting some steam in their pursuit of unseating Imagine Dragons as the most hipster thing out of Provo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...to-Reddit.html
    Provo? PROVO? ID is a Las Vegas band.

Comment

Moth and the Flame getting some steam in their pursuit of unseating Imagine Dragons as the most hipster thing out of Provo.

Hmm

http://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comme...eir_new_music/

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
        Provo? PROVO? ID is a Las Vegas band.

The band garnered a large following in their hometown of Provo, Utah, before the members moved to Las Vegas, the hometown of Dan Reynolds, where the band recorded and released their first three EPs.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagine_Dragons
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Only Wayne "Wing" Sermon is from Utah. Reynolds, of course, is from Las Vegas. The other two members are from California and Georgia and only joined the band after Reynolds and Sermon had moved to Vegas.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Only Wayne "Wing" Sermon is from Utah. Reynolds, of course, is from Las Vegas. The other two members are from California and Georgia and only joined the band after Reynolds and Sermon had moved to Vegas.
            Sorry, dude. Wikipedia has spoken. Deal with it.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Sorry, dude. Wikipedia has spoken. Deal with it.
              I got my information from Wikipedia too! Deal with it yourself!

Wayne Sermon heard Dan Reynolds performing at a club in Utah and approached him afterwards about his musical interests.[3][4] Reynolds invited him to join his band and to move to Las Vegas. Sermon then invited bassist Ben McKee to join the band in Las Vegas and drummer Daniel Platzman, also a friend of Wayne's from Berklee College of Music, finalized the group at the invitation of McKee.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Wayne_Sermon
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_McKee
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Platzman
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I got my information from Wikipedia too! Deal with it yourself!
                I will post it again. Maybe you missed it the first time. Maybe if I use some bold text.

The band garnered a large following in their hometown of Provo, Utah...

Comment

I will post it again. Maybe you missed it the first time. Maybe if I use some bold text.

Did you consult your calculator before posting this?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Did you consult your calculator before posting this?
                    Watch it!

Comment

The sentence then cites an article in the Las Vegas Review-Journal that states the band was formed in 2008 in Las Vegas. They may have played in Utah. They may have even garnered a fanbase there. But their hometown is, an always has been, Las Vegas.

Comment

• Is it not true that they started out as a band by doing BYU's Battle of the Bands?
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Imagine Dragons are very mainstream.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            Is it not true that they started out as a band by doing BYU's Battle of the Bands?
                            No. They formed the band in Las Vegas, and then went on to compete in (and win) the Battle of the Bands.

Comment

• Ha. You vegas guys are cracking me up.

http://www.sltrib.com/56025533

"Definitely, Utah is our starting point," Reynolds said in a Tribune interview back in 2009. "We love Utah, and we love our fans."

Comment

• Oh by the way- let me be the one to submit Mark Schultz of Foxcatcher fame's name into this thread. Turns out he's LDS. Guess that was a no-brainer seeing as how he was the head coach at BYU for 6 years, but I don't remember that fact ever being brought up.

I noticed when he submitted a "correction" post or whatever online about things the movie got wrong, he did note that when Channing Tatum is drinking it up w the other wrestlers it was inaccurate due to his never having touched alcohol in his life.
                                Last edited by Commando; 05-12-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X