Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's great journalism.

I was given the full santos for saying that Cougarstadium / CUF had a higher average IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      Well, that's what winning a Pulitzer does for your paper. You end up reporting on a ninny-ninny dispute between anonymous contributors to a sports message board, delving deep in decision-making and subcategories.
      The whole thing is hilarious. Nicely done, SLTrib.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        We need to teach don't rape and what consent actually means. The problem isn't solved by teaching women not to drink. By the way, that is one of the big rape culture problems, blaming the victims for alcohol consumption. It is right up there for blaming a woman for what she is wearing.

By the way, I'm all for dismantling the frats and sororities.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
        This is such bullshit.

Comment

It may go down, because it is a tool that predators use, not because consumption turns a good person into a rapist like is being argued here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
          So what about the non-drunk victims that get raped by drunk perpetrators? How do you explain that? I can't seriously believe you are taking this position.

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
            I think it's great journalism.

I was given the full santos for saying that Cougarstadium / CUF had a higher average IQ.
            ahhh...I didn't know that. so sweet.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

How? If a woman is drunk, she cannot consent and you don't have sex with her. If you have sex it is a rape and it is not accidental.
              That's ridiculous. College students don't drink to get drunk, they drink to get laid...both men and women. A lot of women puposely get drunk because they want their inhibitions lowered. If you're sober and go to a guy's place who you just met and have sex with him, then people will think you're a slut. If you're drunk and go home with a guy you just met and have sex him, you're just looking for a good time. Women are not more virtuous than men when it comes to sex and they want to get laid just as much as men. It's not the man's responsibility to gain permission for sex anymore than it is the woman's responsibility to get permission from the man.
              Last edited by Non Sequitur; 04-21-2017, 02:25 PM.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                That's ridiculous. College students don't drink to get drunk, they drink to get laid...both men and women. A lot of women puposely get drunk because they want their inhibitions lowered. If you go a guy's place who you just met and have sex with him, then people will think you're a slut. If you're drunk and go home with guy you just met and have sex him, you're just looking for a good time. Women are not more virtuous than men and they want to get laid just as much as men. It's not the man's responsibility to gain permission for sex anymore than it is the woman's responsibility.
                Not true in today's environment. The higher burden is upon the male participant, assuming a heterosexual relationship.

A woman will be believed that she did not consent, but a man won't be believed. It is true that some promiscuous behavior is enabled through substances, but men will find themselves in more precarious situations if they do not procure clear consent. One night stands might not be as common in the future.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  Not true in today's environment. The higher burden is upon the male participant, assuming a heterosexual relationship.

A woman will be believed that she did not consent, but a man won't be believed. It is true that some promiscuous behavior is enabled through substances, but men will find themselves in more precarious situations if they do not procure clear consent. One night stands might not be as common in the future.
                  It shouldn't be that way, though. If a man and a woman are both drunk and have sex, why is it assumed that the man raped the woman and not the woman raped the man? Explain that to me.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

It shouldn't be that way, though. If a man and a woman are both drunk and have sex, why is it assumed that the man raped the woman and not the woman raped the man? Explain that to me.
                    Because penis.

Comment

HBCoug provided the short version, but the mechanics of sex and the usual disparity in strength.

Men are usually stronger than women.
                      Men's arousal implies some measure of consent; whereas, women's being penetrated does not constitute a measure of consent.

This is one area where reliance on biology makes sense. Does that mean women managers can't manipulate subordinates for unwanted sexual favors? Of course not, but those are the exceptions and not the rule.

Men need to exercise caution, not take advantage of a drunken female companion or to assume consent, should comply with anti-fraternization policies, avoid sleeping with subordinates even if such policies do not exist and probably would be well-advised to avoid one night stands in this day and age.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        HBCoug provided the short version, but the mechanics of sex and the usual disparity in strength.

Men are usually stronger than women.
                        Men's arousal implies some measure of consent; whereas, women's being penetrated does not constitute a measure of consent.

This is one area where reliance on biology makes sense. Does that mean women managers can't manipulate subordinates for unwanted sexual favors? Of course not, but those are the exceptions and not the rule.

Men need to exercise caution, not take advantage of a drunken female companion or to assume consent, should comply with anti-fraternization policies, avoid sleeping with subordinates even if such policies do not exist and probably would be well-advised to avoid one night stands in this day and age.
                        When I watch Animal Planet and see the male lion hook up with a lioness, it is always preceded by the lioness presenting herself. That's biology.

Comment

When I watch Animal Planet and see the male lion hook up with a lioness, it is always preceded by the lioness presenting herself. That's biology.
                          Good point. Take an Animal Planet camera crew with you to your rendezvous so you can document the presentation. Otherwise, good luck proving it.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            Good point. Take an Animal Planet camera crew with you to your rendezvous so you can document the presentation. Otherwise, good luck proving it.
                            they ain't nothin but mammals
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              These days, video documentation is pretty common.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                These days, video documentation is pretty common.
                                I'll take your word for it.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X