No announcement yet.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If 900 cows is going to disrupt Utah's huge cattle industry then there is no way it can be that big.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      LOL. Governor Herbert's actions of blocking the sell of the Bundy cattle in Utah is that of a constitution-loving patriot?
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I have no idea what you are talking about.
      Let me see if I can help. Cows are animals comprised of millions and millions of cells. The Bundy cattle were free ranging, and were never locked up in cells. When Bundy put them up for sale, he wasn't allowed to sell them in Utah because Gov. Herbert wasn't about to let the Bundy ship and all its baggage sail into Utah.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

It just seems that their are lots of these so called patriots in both Utah and Nevada right up there with your gov.
        Huh? The governor is trying to avoid the potential for a violent showdown in Utah. From the article:

Sevier County Sheriff Nathan Curtis has told the governor that the proposed sale has generated "public disturbances" from those angered by the BLM’s action against Bundy.

"Such threats place at risk the larger community, including residents and Utah state employees who must be present, should a sale in Utah occur," Herbert wrote.

Attorney General Sean Reyes visited Clark County on Tuesday to assess the situation, and said later in the evening that he is backing the governor on the issue, according to spokeswoman Missy Larsen. Utah Public Safety Commissioner Keith Squires was also in Clark County.
        Having spent most of the past week in that same region of Utah, I can assure you that the gov's concerns for violence are perfectly rational.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
          Couldn't BYU71 make the same assumption of that towards you? Since every other post from you was how saving a species is the holy grail over cows and ranchers..

For me, its pretty simple and it is the only point I truly made known. I hate Reid. And his involvement that makes him look bad is hard to pass up..
          We'd hate him too but it would make the family reunions really awkward so we abide.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I am not willing to divulge that to you.. Since you can't read between the lines..
            Did you ever discuss or argue anything with ex-ute? Good luck.

Comment

I am not willing to divulge that to you.. Since you can't read between the lines..
              lol. You chastise me for making assumptions about your position by reading between the lines and then you refuse to state your position because one should be able get it by reading between the lines.

Alrighty then.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Huh? The governor is trying to avoid the potential for a violent showdown in Utah. From the article:

Having spent most of the past week in that same region of Utah, I can assure you that the gov's concerns for violence are perfectly rational.

The real reason that Governor Herbert doesn't want the cattle to come to Utah is that he is trying to avoid Nevada's sh*t storm from spilling over into his state? Sounds like a patriot move to me.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

lol. You chastise me for making assumptions about your position by reading between the lines and then you refuse to state your position because one should be able get it by reading between the lines.

Alrighty then.

exactly!

Comment

exactly!
                    Yes. Copout.

Comment

The real reason that Governor Herbert doesn't want the cattle to come to Utah is that he is trying to avoid Nevada's sh*t storm from spilling over into his state? Sounds like a patriot move to me.
                      How on earth did this morph into a debate over whether or not Gary Herbert is a patriot?

Comment

How on earth did this morph into a debate over whether or not Gary Herbert is a patriot?
                        I am just trying to figure out who's who when it comes to the patriots.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Let me see if I can help. Cows are animals comprised of millions and millions of cells. The Bundy cattle were free ranging, and were never locked up in cells. When Bundy put them up for sale, he wasn't allowed to sell them in Utah because Gov. Herbert wasn't about to let the Bundy ship and all its baggage sail into Utah.
                          Clarification please. What was trying to be sold into Utah? Bundy's cattle or Bundy's "seized" cattle? I need to know so I can think of Herbert as a Patriot or a dufus.

Comment

Yes. Copout.
                            Or maybe.. JUST maybe, my original response, was more about giving you shit then anything else..

Why do I have to draw a line in the sand here? Maybe I find Bundy to be in the wrong and the tactics he has taken to be wrong. I also may find the tactics of the BLM bad, and the killing, burying of cattle to be wrong. Maybe I have reservations of federal agencies outside of the US Marshall's office with law enforcement to be a bad. I find the idea of using children to be repulsive as well.

The whole event is interesting to watch unfold..

Comment

• Go government!
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Is that a Mormon Pamphlet of the Prophet Joseph Smith in his front pocket??

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04...t-bundy-ranch/
                                Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                                It's George Washington.
                                IJ is right. It is a copy of the "pocket constitution".

http://www.nccs.net/products/other-p...nstitution.php

Comment

Working...
                                X