Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Apparently there's a lot of LDS action at that camp on the Isle of Lesbos.

Carly Harris was a Mormon college student volunteering in November 2015 at a refugee camp on the Greek island of Lesbos. Soufiane El Yassami was a Muslim fast food worker fleeing Morocco in hopes of a better life.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/world/...ers/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Apparently there's a lot of LDS action at that camp on the Isle of Lesbos.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/world/...ers/index.html
      I imagine they're doing their work in very hot conditions, too. I love hearing stories about hot LDS Lesbos hookups.

Comment

• https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...stamom/513827/

Mom blogs and seven figures. Eight figures if you count...never mind.
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...stamom/513827/

Mom blogs and seven figures. Eight figures if you count...never mind.
          Before the year was up, Barefoot Blonde was profitable enough that Clark quit law school to become a “blog husband.” Today he serves as the go-to photographer and manages logistics for the hair-extension line.
          I'll bet that ends up being a great decision.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Law comes and goes. Blogs will always be there. Especially law blogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
              Law comes and goes. Blogs will always be there. Especially law blogs.
              Mommy law blogs!!!
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If she's making 3-6 mill a year and pulls that off for a few years it might end up being a great decision.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  If she's making 3-6 mill a year and pulls that off for a few years it might end up being a great decision.
                  I'm sure there was no way she could keep making her mommy blog while he finished his last year of law school and got his degree. No possible way.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm sure there was no way she could keep making her mommy blog while he finished his last year of law school and got his degree. No possible way.
                    That's not what you said; sure he could have done it, the question is if it will end up being a good choice. If he facilitates that sort of Income, then why stick with law school? Maybe if you're one of those bizarre outliers who loves the law...
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Mormons in the News

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      Do you even realize that only the worst attorneys make less than that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 02-21-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

That's not what you said; sure he could have done it, the question is if it will end up being a good choice. If he facilitates that sort of Income, then why stick with law school? Maybe if you're one of those bizarre outliers who loves the law...
                        There's always the possibility that it won't come back and bite him in the ass, but that doesn't mean it was a good choice. C'mon, if this was your son, and he had one year left in law school, would you counsel him to drop out so he could take pictures of his kids for his wife's blog? Of course not.

Maybe tomorrow his wife says something about how Trump can make America great again by booting all the brown people and her following drops off a cliff. At least then he can fall back on his amateur photography skills to pay the bills.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

C'mon, if this was your son, and he had one year left in law school, would you counsel him to drop out so he could take pictures of his kids for his wife's blog? Of course not.
                          I don't know. If he and wife were making 3-6 million per year I would be hard pressed to tell him to stay in LS.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I don't know. If he and wife were making 3-6 million per year I would be hard pressed to tell him to stay in LS.
                            Btw, there's no evidence these people are actually making that much. They haven't shared their income.

As far as I'm concerned, the one more year of school to get your degree and secure a backup career is not much of a sacrifice. I'd give my daughter that same advice. What happens if the spouse dies at some point? Seems foolishly focused on the present.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Btw, there's no evidence these people are actually making that much. They haven't shared their income.

As far as I'm concerned, the one more year of school to get your degree and secure a backup career is not much of a sacrifice. I'd give my daughter that same advice. What happens if the spouse dies at some point? Seems foolishly focused on the present.
                              Also, even by some truth to them bringing in seven figures now, they would have been making a small fraction of that back when he made the decision to drop out. (I'm not doing any math here, so I'm assuming this was four or five years ago.) So, at the time, dropping out for the purpose of focusing on a blog would have been a pretty big leap of faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Barf. I can't believe that blog is so popular.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X