Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    How have they not been angels?
    Dabbling with the trappings of being a rockstar.

The guitarist has been out for a while. He's a casualty of Prop 8.

Comment

• I kind of liked the song, but the subject matter seems pretty juvenile. Especially the part where the camera rotates around him so he can give the finger to endowed members by overtly showing the temple signs. So deep!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I empathize with him, but that song is forgettable.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          This Neon Tree doesn't shine like it used to. http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/...-swigs-alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          His apostasy didn't appear overnight; it started with a whisper.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            His apostasy didn't appear overnight; it started with a whisper.
            Perhaps, but I think we can dismiss the idea that that was when he kissed her.

Comment

• I've never really liked the Neon Trees but thought t was cool that they were cool with being sorta a Mormon band. Guess this will pretty much end any of their future tours from playing in Utah, unless it's at one of those Dehlin Mormon Story orgy party things.

Isn't it the drummer that has an actual I'm a Mormon video?

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                I've never really liked the Neon Trees but thought t was cool that they were cool with being sorta a Mormon band. Guess this will pretty much end any of their future tours from playing in Utah, unless it's at one of those Dehlin Mormon Story orgy party things.

They are playing in Provo tonight.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  They are playing in Provo tonight.
                  Well, looks like he did wait until the tickets were sold before releasing the video
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Over 5 hours. The Mormon Stories interview was over 5 hours. Why in the hell does anyone listen to these things.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I'm not going to lie, I laughed at the comment to the article that someone has now sold their tokens and signs for money.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

As was stated before they are playing at Velour in Provo tonight with Imagine Dragons. It's a benefit for Corey Fox who owns Velour and needs a new kidney. Tickets are $300. They had about fifty seats left last time I heard.

Yes

Comment

• Personally, I think the music is pretty poor independent of content. Also, guy needs a lot more meat and potatoes in his diet. Looks like he's been subsisting purely on bitterness and heroin for a few weeks.

Comment

• Lol. I thought this board had become predictable in its response to these kinds of things but while Moliere's money-chasing angle certainly fits that, heroin is a nice little surprising twist.

I don't really like the song and the video crosses some lines that I wouldn't, but maybe there's a deeper story here? Here's a video from last September that popped up on my facebook feed:

What possibly could have happened between September and now (besides the heroin, of course)?

I know the standard narrative here is that no one cares about this stuff. I'm guessing Tyler cared a bit, and maybe is a little tired of being paraded around as a celebrity icon by a church who can't stand what he is outside of his ldsliving profile. He's obviously hurting, and will probably do some stupid stuff while he's hurting. Maybe slurs aren't the most Christian approach.
                            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• his big problem is that he's not nearly as smart as he thinks
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I just hate artistic expression like that. For some, it resonates, it's powerful, it's artful, it's emotional.

I personally believe you can express your pain in more appropriate ways that don't include spitting on prophets and busting out temple stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X