Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    These statements come under the backdrop of Bundy’s worldview that all plants and animals on Earth were placed here by God for the express use and benefit of humans.
    Ah, here's the explanation. In my experience, most of the time this particular belief is mentioned, it's in the context of using certain mushrooms and weeds.

Comment

• Mormons in the News

Fatal shooting in Northern Nevada Sacrament meeting.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/22...n-custody.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Wow. That is terrible.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

If you read some of the explanations it isn't so much of an infiltration as much as the right winged folks believe that the Church, or a large percentage of the membership, is becoming corrupted incrementally by the world.

I do find this conflict interesting. For a long time the Church was fairly isolated and that ecochamber made the real conservative folks comfy. For a long time the Church has made more efforts to engage the world on its terms - to be "in" but not "of." There has been conflicts and acts of entrenchment and different camps within the Church have developed. Living where I live I do get some exposure to the right wing folks. The mentality is interesting and while I must admit some semblance of sympathy for their concerns I just cannot see how efforts to not be "in" are helpful to either the issues of the day or their own kids - who are just so ill-equipped for the "real world." Some might be able to figure out a way to feed themselves without engaging the real world but those opportunities are very few and far between and usually will require some basic grasp of the "real world" to recognize and exploit.
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Couple loses temple recommends for breastfeeding in the lobby.

http://kutv.com/news/local/lds-mom-s...ding-at-church

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
              Couple loses temple recommends for breastfeeding in the lobby.

Looks like Mrs. Funk.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That's a really dumb thing to associate with a temple recommend. Shame on her leaders.

At the same time, she was interviewed on the local news and it sounds like she was itching to be a martyr for the cause. Fully drops her shirt and lets it all hang out. I can totally see how people would be uncomfortable.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That's a really dumb thing to associate with a temple recommend. Shame on her leaders.

At the same time, she was interviewed on the local news and it sounds like she was itching to be a martyr for the cause. Fully drops her shirt and lets it all hang out. I can totally see how people would be uncomfortable.
                  Yep. I'd bet money that she leaves the breast that is not being suckled on open display. Otherwise, this wouldn't even be brought to the attention of the leaders.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Agreed ��%. Everyone is stupid here. This is a why-do-i-care story, like stories about big foot sightings, popsicles melting on a warm day, or any headline about celebrities and Twitter.

Comment

Barring an insanely orthodox bishop. I'm willing to bet there is waaay more to the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        Barring an insanely orthodox bishop. I'm willing to bet there is waaay more to the story.
                        Yeah, most likely.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Yep. I'd bet money that she leaves the breast that is not being suckled on open display. Otherwise, this wouldn't even be brought to the attention of the leaders.
                          I don't know about this situation, but I can say that you are dead wrong that discreet breastfeeding won't be brought to the attention of local leaders.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I usually like an Irish accent, but that reporter's was really distracting.

And the kid is like 20 months old. When they can walk up and ask for it, it is time to wean.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              I don't know about this situation, but I can say that you are dead wrong that discreet breastfeeding won't be brought to the attention of local leaders.
                              Totally disagree. Unless someone is breast feeding in say, the library, this is a total non-issue.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not wearing her Gs in the video. Pulls her shirt all the way down and "never covers" when nursing that kid. Refuses to use the mother's room because you have to walk through the bathroom to get to it.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X