No announcement yet.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the video and I agree with PAC: lots of stupidity on display. To wit:

1. The U fan - what a doofus. Telling the camera that he soaked with "probably the hottest girl I've ever been with." That must have been a ReALLLY HOT woman! Because I can only imagine the hot woman this dude has been with.
    2. The Cougars - makes you wonder how stupid college kids are nowadays to believe some of the stories (all fifth hand) that they believe. Two people standing up having a sexsoak while two other people push mattresses to force them into motion? What?!?!?! You believe this actually happened between two actual, real-life people?
    3. Barstool sports guy - maybe the biggest doofus of all. Was he wearing a shirt and tie to mock mormon culture or was he actually wearing that ill-fitting combo because he thought it made him look good. And the fuzzed out "Utah football player" who is perhaps 150 pounds, flabby arms, and is a conspiracy lover (that didn't make any sense, btw)? I'm not sure barstool sports did their research on the body types that predominate on football programs (especially top ten football programs).

All in all, about what I'd expect from barstool sports.
    Last edited by Applejack; 11-19-2019, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• I refuse to watch this video.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I refuse to watch this video.
        Nothing good will come from clicking on that link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I refuse to watch this video.
          same.

Comment

• 91X90VX5pgL._SY679_.jpghttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....gL._SY679_.jpg
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• I started it and should have heeded the advice of others. Dumb. I didn't make it past the first therapist.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Trump gave states the power to ban refugees. Conservative Utah wants more of them.

Biskupski said it is also impossible to ignore the influence of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS).

Nearly two-thirds of the state is Mormon. The group traces its presence in the territory that became modern Utah to a mid-19th-century flight from persecution in the eastern United States. That history helps shape its approach to refugees.

“It’s in the DNA of a lot of the residents of Utah, having pioneer forefathers who were driven from their homes because of their religious beliefs,” said Rick Foster, who manages the church’s global network of welfare operations, including support for refugees. “There’s an acute sensitivity to individuals who are suffering a similar plight.”
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I admire the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints approach to refugees and immigration.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    I admire the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints approach to refugees and immigration.
                    Welcome back, brother.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Welcome back, brother.
                      You will never get me back, nor do you really want me back anyway. I'm apostate for life.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

You will never get me back, nor do you really want me back anyway. I'm apostate for life.
                        You may not want to hear this, but you're wrong.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          You may not want to hear this, but you're wrong.
                          Of his three statements, that one is the wrongest.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            Of his three statements, that one is the wrongest.
                            I've said it before and I will say it again, there is little to no value in my eternal soul. Once you realize this fact, you will recognize that the statement that you don't want me back is correct.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I've said it before and I will say it again, there is little to no value in my eternal soul. Once you realize this fact, you will recognize that the statement that you don't want me back is correct.
                              There are lots of things with little to no value that I still want.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;" D&C 18:10 There isn't an exception there for you, Funk.

Comment

Working...
                                X