• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Lots of drama in LDS churches lately.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46370403&nid=148

Comment

• Well boys, it looks like it’s time for a title change.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issues new name guidelines, dropping term Mormon in most uses

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/....html?user=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 08-16-2018, 01:33 PM.
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        Well boys, it looks like it’s time for a title change.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issues new name guidelines, dropping term Mormon in most useshttps://www.deseretnews.com/article/900028401/the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints-issues-new-name-guidelines-dropping-term-mormon-in-most-uses.html?user=app

Which version of the name change directive are we on? 3? Haven't they tried this before? The term 'Mormon' will never go away.

I can only guess how a convo between a Mormon (oops!) and a neighbor will go:

"I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints".

"Which church is that?"

"The Church of Jesus Christ".

"Oh you go to the Church of Christ down the road?"

"No, the restored Church of Jesus Christ".

"Hmm. I haven't seen that one in town. Is it new?"

"No...
        The Mormon church, alright? I'm a Mormon, I mean, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints".
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issues new name guidelines, dropping term Mormon in most useshttps://www.deseretnews.com/article/900028401/the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints-issues-new-name-guidelines-dropping-term-mormon-in-most-uses.html?user=app

I will follow the style guide when they listen to LGBTQ people and stop using terms like same sex attraction.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Nice. Time to update my fb profile pic:

Not Mormon.jpg
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I've already started. I tell people I'm in the choir. When they ask which one, I say the one downtown. Never have to say M*****.
              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                I've already started. I tell people I'm in the choir. When they ask which one, I say the one downtown. Never have to say M*****.
                i mean, the church of jesus christ of latter day saints tabernacle choir has a certain ring to it.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  I will follow the style guide when they listen to LGBTQ people and stop using terms like same sex attraction.
                  No you won't.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issues new name guidelines, dropping term Mormon in most uses

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/....html?user=app

This one made me laugh:

· The term "Mormonism" is inaccurate and should not be used. When describing the combination of doctrine, culture and lifestyle unique to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the term "the restored gospel of Jesus Christ" is accurate and preferred.
                    Yes, please do our missionary work for us!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Mormon.org, facebook and youtube channels
                      Mormon Channel
                      @mormonorg

Gonna be a lot of rebranding going on.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• somebody hurry and snag the domain latterdaysaintsandgays.org
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          Mormon.org, facebook and youtube channels
                          Mormon Channel
                          @mormonorg

thechurchofjesuschristoflatter-daysaints.org

That's a mouthful.

Also owned by someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Mormon.org, facebook and youtube channels
                            Mormon Channel
                            @mormonorg

Not to mention the Internet channel that they make such announcements from.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Not to mention the Internet channel that they make such announcements from.

LOL.

We haven't even skimmed the surface yet. What about mormonscholarstestify? And the whole ex-Mormon internet crowd? Did President Nelson consider them before making this announcement?
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Women Stand
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X