• Show
Clear All

• New in Quillette: "Bearing Witness: My Journey Out of Mormonism"

Comment

• Apparently it really was him....

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=21770919

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Donors only, or did the post get deleted?
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Donors only, or did the post get deleted?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
            Interesting story.

Sometimes I think that people are looking to hear certain things, and so they do hear those things. Or their perception is that people are looking for or thinking certain things. For example - in this particular article:

By the time I was 14, I was the only one of my peers in church who had never born his testimony. I felt like I had the spiritual equivalent to late-onset puberty (an ironic malady for someone with a prophetic namesake!). Adults would ask, with a note of concern, whether I’d ever born my testimony and whether I was intending to serve a two-year proselytizing mission when I turned 19, an obligation for males.
            I don't think I've EVER seen or even heard of an adult asking anyone - with concern or not - if they've ever born their testimony. Not saying it's never happened, just that this guy seems to be saying it was a regular thing. That just seems weird to me. I definitely know of people asking kids about whether or not they're going to serve a mission. And I get squeemish when kids are told what to say at the pulpit during F&T meeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Hymn #193 - "I Stand Amazed"

That tells you all you need to know. The closing prayer was likely performed by Duane Wade.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                I’m out of the loop. Whose baptism was this?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  I’m out of the loop. Whose baptism was this?
                  Steve Martin.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Apparently it was a celebrities hair stylist of sorts. She wanted a Moana song sung at her baptism and Dwyane Wade is a friend of hers

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      Steve Martin.
                      That got a hearty LOL out of me.
                      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• McKenna Denson’s attorneys quit yesterday. Wow.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...b7754d74e.html
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          McKenna Denson’s attorneys quit yesterday. Wow.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...b7754d74e.html
                          Interesting. Since they are presumably representing her in a contingency lien, they must have withdrawn due to lack of contact with her or because of differences of opinion regarding strategy. Or because they realize her case is garbage.

I can see her going forward pro se. She's the perfect crazy pro se plaintiff.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Interesting. Since they are presumably representing her in a contingency lien, they must have withdrawn due to lack of contact with her or because of differences of opinion regarding strategy. Or because they realize her case is garbage.

I can see her going forward pro se. She's the perfect crazy pro se plaintiff.
                            What does that mean?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              What does that mean?
                              Which part? The pro se part means she would act as her own attorney. The story says the case might be dismissed or a default judgment entered, but I don't see how that would happen just because her counsel withdrew. If she continues to refuse to respond to properly propunded discovery requests or a motion to dismiss, then if course the court could sanction her or dismiss the case.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Which part? The pro se part means she would act as her own attorney. The story says the case might be dismissed or a default judgment entered, but I don't see how that would happen just because her counsel withdrew. If she continues to refuse to respond to properly propunded discovery requests or a motion to dismiss, then if course the court could sanction her or dismiss the case.
                                She says that she is looking to have a larger firm represent her.

Comment

Working...
                                X