Page 141 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 4297

Thread: Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    In the US, coriander is made from the seeds. But elsewhere the seed, stem, and leaf are all referred to as coriander.
    Just one more way the US is awesome. Coriander and cilantro taste completely different. Why call them by the same name?

Today’s t shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/2...fa-daily-cover

Racist asshole Scott Gudmundsen is in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/2...fa-daily-cover

Racist asshole Scott Gudmundsen is in the news.
    Wow, that’s an amazing and awful story. Really fortunate for all involved that things didn’t turn out worse. Does anybody know what Gudmundsen’s CB handle is?

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Wow, that’s an amazing and awful story. Really fortunate for all involved that things didn’t turn out worse. Does anybody know what Gudmundsen’s CB handle is?
    lvmike?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    lvmike?
    Whoa, wait a minute. This guy is a CB poster?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Whoa, wait a minute. This guy is a CB poster?
    oh i doubt it - i was kidding. i just mentioned the name of the most racist cb poster i could think of.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

oh i doubt it - i was kidding. i just mentioned the name of the most racist cb poster i could think of.
    Ha. OK. Good one.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

RIP DS7

There are probably about 15-20 people over there who it wouldn't shock me to hear was this guy in real life. LVMike is definitely one of them.

Maybe figure out which one stopped posting after this guy was arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Maybe figure out which one stopped posting after this guy was arrested.
    Yeah, where are our CB mods when we need them? Should be easy to tell which Colorado-based racists stopped posting on the date this guy was arrested.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    you are all bitches and cilantro is delicious
    What is wrong with people that don't like cilantro. They are all horrible people. When I get home tonight, I'm planning on making some Chimichurri sauce.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

When you believe appearances mean everything, until you decide they mean nothing.

https://www.standard.net/police-fire...84b5bec11.html
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Yeah, where are our CB mods when we need them? Should be easy to tell which Colorado-based racists stopped posting on the date this guy was arrested.
    Still here, for the record.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    When you believe appearances mean everything, until you decide they mean nothing.

The most shocking thing there is that the Odgen Standard Examiner is now behind a paywall.

Provo's local rag is doing the same thing. And they are charging as much as the NYT, WSJ, or WaPo.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

Really sad. I've prepped myself for all sorts of conversations with my kids and how to respond. Everything from 1. not going on a mission, 2. not going to church/resigning membership, 3. being gay. All of the dialogues I have start with "Thanks for telling me, and it doesn't change how much I love you." and end with "let's talk about the best way to break this news to your mom," but none of them involve choking or throwing a kid out of the house. I feel like those initial responses are key to really nail.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Yeah. You are not a psychopath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Really sad. I've prepped myself for all sorts of conversations with my kids and how to respond. Everything from 1. not going on a mission, 2. not going to church/resigning membership, 3. being gay. All of the dialogues I have start with "Thanks for telling me, and it doesn't change how much I love you." and end with "let's talk about the best way to break this news to your mom," but none of them involve choking or throwing a kid out of the house. I feel like those initial responses are key to really nail.
    I don't want to brag but I've had all 3 of those conversations. Multiple times.

I realize this should warrant a "duh", but people are always more likely to be honest if they know someone will respond with love and kindness. Hostility breeds dishonesty and inauthenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    I hope your parents handled it as well as GM hopes to.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    What is wrong with people that don't like cilantro. They are all horrible people. When I get home tonight, I'm planning on making some Chimichurri sauce.
    I was once in a kitchen in Baja, Mexico helping make some of the most delicious Mexican ceviche I've ever had. However, I was tasked with de-stemming a gigantic batch of cilantro and I think I was very close to killing myself.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

underrated
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    A real chimichurri uses Italian parsley, not cilantro.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I was once in a kitchen in Baja, Mexico helping make some of the most delicious Mexican ceviche I've ever had. However, I was tasked with de-stemming a gigantic batch of cilantro and I think I was very close to killing myself.
    I think the only thing I miss from my stint in Ecuador is the ceviche.
    "Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin to slit throats" - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I understand that there is an enzyme that some people have that will make cilantro taste like soap. My father-in-law had this and we always had to make two types of salsa. One with cilantro and the other with dish soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Ditto