No announcement yet.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had cousins that joined the polygamist Lebarons 50-60 years ago.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• 20 years ago, I baptized a couple who was from there and had family members still practicing polygamy, but they were living in the states while the husband earned money doing drywall. The mission president had to come down to interview them. Good folks. Excellent drywaller (one of the service projects we helped out with was redoing someone's basement after water damage, including reconstructing stairs. Luis probably did half the mudding in the time it took all the rest of the folks to do the other half).

Comment

• Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

This seems like it should just be a place holder for many stories to come from our community.

https://people.com/tv/the-real-house...ity-announced/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 11-16-2019, 10:15 AM.
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          This seems like it should just be a place holder for many stories to come from our community.

https://people.com/tv/the-real-house...ity-announced/

Casserole making, Primary activities, and talk of the best minivans. Awesome!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Casserole making, Primary activities, and talk of the best minivans. Awesome!
            I hope they’re able to fully capture the full drama of passive aggressive ward Facebook groups.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
              I hope they’re able to fully capture the full drama of passive aggressive ward Facebook groups.

All I want is one good venting session about how someone stole a puppy chow recipe for the ward potluck.

Comment

• We just going to pretend like Barstool didn’t do an “expose” on the Provo Soak? In a twist of irony, the one guy who will cop to doing this is a Ute fan and the one student athlete who they talk to is a Ute.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/video...f-sex-in-utah/
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Lol, that was stoopid. Come on Utes fans, stop making the rest of us look like idiots.
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                    Lol, that was stoopid. Come on Utes fans, stop making the rest of us look like idiots.
                    On behalf of all people from the good state of Utah, I could not agree more!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      We just going to pretend like Barstool didn’t do an “expose” on the Provo Soak? In a twist of irony, the one guy who will cop to doing this is a Ute fan and the one student athlete who they talk to is a Ute.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/video...f-sex-in-utah/
                      Ute guy claims Brandon Davies was soaking.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                        Lol, that was stoopid. Come on Utes fans, stop making the rest of us look like idiots.
                        Not just Ute fans. Your football player made the revelation that the Church has "profited on capitalism" and it's all connected to soaking.
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• That was hilarious. Yeah those were two classy Utes!
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Hahahahahahahahaha. That Utah fan actually went on camera, which will forever be on the web, willingly? Lol.

Utahns love the old wives tails. This stuff was the high school talk of the 90s and I'm sure it was even before that. I once had a Catholic roommate from Long Island. One night we got into a conversation about loopholes and his examples were exactly like mine. But they had cooler names for it like "saddlebacking" and "exit polling"

Comment

• Having had the misfortune of watching the video, I've concluded that anyone engaging in soaking should be excommunicated, not for sexual misconduct but for irredeemable stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Having had the misfortune of watching the video, I've concluded that anyone engaging in soaking should be excommunicated, not for sexual misconduct but for irredeemable stupidity.
                                I don't know about you, but it is a clear case of misconducting sex. Agree on irredeemable stupidity. uofutah students and fans appear to have extensive experience in misconducting sex. Not surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X