Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I'm telling you, there is something seriously wrong with a lot of the LDS dudes in Portland. I only served in four areas, and I know three dudes from church who are currently in prison for this type of garbage (one got baptized right before I came in the area; the other I helped to reactivate and baptized his stepkids; the other was a creepy MFer in the ward who entered a plea bargain and is now ticked that thirty years with no eligiblity for parole until year 20 really means he has to be in prison for 20 years and is claiming ineffective assistance of counsel).
    I can't even deny the allegations. I've seen too much around here to say that's an overstatement. Even one of my old friends was called to be a bishop - and ended up taking a 2nd wife while being the bishop.

You should see our ward parties - lot's of swapping going on!

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      Bishop and drivers education instructor problems with stopping short. https://fox13now.com/2019/09/05/oreg...g-20-students/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I wonder how he tied in doing jumping jacks and learning to drive a car. Every once in a while I'll hear a woman say, "you men are sick" and after hearing story like this it's hard to argue against that.

Comment

• Our new national security advisor:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...ps-latter-day/
        Last edited by Northwestcoug; 09-18-2019, 09:42 PM.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Our new acting national security advisor:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...ps-latter-day/
          Not acting. Not a position requiring Senate confirmation.
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
            Not acting. Not a position requiring Senate confirmation.
            Thanks. Fixed.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 10-09-2019, 12:10 PM.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                The continued defending of the exclusion policy and the claims the policy was about love, really undermines the goodwill created when it was rescinded.
                that whole thing has been a cluster but at least now we have a talking point when someone brings it up. It was all about love
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  that whole thing has been a cluster but at least now we have a talking point when someone brings it up. It was all about love
                  That episode has been weirdly mismanaged, but so have a lot of recent, post Prop 8 policies been awkwardly considered and issued.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azc...amp/3914978002

I met this dude a few times when he was an undergraduate. He and my cousin were both student body officers at ASU.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azc...amp/3914978002

I met this dude a few times when he was an undergraduate. He and my cousin were both student body officers at ASU.
                      Takes a special kind of person to do what he did. He can call it helping people who want to grow their family through adoption - but the human trafficking element is pretty sickening. I've heard way too many stories of low income families from the pacific islands thinking they are sending their kids to get citizenship and an education without understanding what "adoption" really means. As the article says - many of these families, this time from the Marshall Islands - thought that their kids were coming home at age 18, after finishing school.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azc...amp/3914978002

Well that's kind of shady.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/10/...ills-all-over/
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• You were in my thoughts, if not prayers, yesterday when I read that. I assume you volunteered for building clean-up.

Comment

• I hope Max Hall's family wasn't anywhere near the meetinghouse. Lord knows they've had enough beer poured on them to last a lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                                I hope Max Hall's family wasn't anywhere near the meetinghouse. Lord knows they've had enough beer poured on them to last a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X