Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    That former member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints did not help herself with that video.
    No kidding. A dumb thinng to do.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      No kidding. A dumb thinng to do.
      Her ex-husband said she is bonkers. He might be right.

This doesn't help her case. I bet her attorney wasn't consulted.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
        That former member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints did not help herself with that video.
        The full video makes her look even worse.

It's pretty clear that the recording wasn't capturing the chapel's microphone output (even though she walked away from the pulpit, the recording remained clear and at the same level as before). So the mike was turned off at about 2:20, but she just kept going.
        Last edited by LVAllen; 09-04-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

It's pretty clear that the recording wasn't capturing the chapel's microphone output (even though she walked away from the pulpit, the recording remained clear and at the same level as before). So the mike was turned off at about 2:20, but she just kept going.
          Yeah - that lead in really kills any credibility she may have had about wanting to sincerely share a testimony and her feelings. I mean, I could see someone who has been a victim feeling the need to talk about things. That wouldn't surprise me. But this isn't what she was doing.

All that aside - I agree in principle with what she's saying (I don't know anyone who is a member of the church who doesn't) that sexual predators should not be covered for or protected. If that is what happened in this case, I agree that there needs to be some accountability.

Now - speaking in general terms and NOT of her case or situation specifically - I think it can be hard to know who is a victim and who isn't. There are false allegations made at times. There are people with their own agendas who make those false allegations. And in situations where there is no evidence one way or another, it can be extremely difficult to know what to do next and what the consequences or outcome of the investigation should be. Which is very unfortunate.

Comment

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• So is that douche from the opening this New Name Noah guy? What a hot mess that whole thing was. If the allegations are true against Bishop it is truly horrifying and a failure at many levels.

That being said, dicks like NNNoah are further exploiting McKenna to selfishly grind their own axes and boost their weird ex-mormon internet fame. Stunts like this do nothing to move the church toward meaningful action (either on discipline in the Bishop case specifically or on wider policy revisions) and it makes it less likely that McKenna will win her ongoing lawsuit. Those are the two things that could start to help her get her life back together, but I guess those goals aren't as important as producing snarky internet videos that only people you agree with 100% will laugh at.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                Wow. That is very bad. What was she thinking?
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  So is that douche from the opening this New Name Noah guy? What a hot mess that whole thing was. If the allegations are true against Bishop it is truly horrifying and a failure at many levels.

That being said, dicks like NNNoah are further exploiting McKenna to selfishly grind their own axes and boost their weird ex-mormon internet fame. Stunts like this do nothing to move the church toward meaningful action (either on discipline in the Bishop case specifically or on wider policy revisions) and it makes it less likely that McKenna will win her ongoing lawsuit. Those are the two things that could start to help her get her life back together, but I guess those goals aren't as important as producing snarky internet videos that only people you agree with 100% will laugh at.
                  If he is associated with it, I feel bad for McKenna, though she obviously made the decision to do this stunt. It did not help her cause at all. And the newnamenoah guy needs to just go away.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    If he is associated with it, I feel bad for McKenna, though she obviously made the decision to do this stunt. It did not help her cause at all. And the newnamenoah guy needs to just go away.
                    Sure she made the decision to do it; it might even have been her idea. But if she was really raped in the MTC and ignored about it for decades then I will give her a bit of a pass. I'm sure that would mess someone up. But it is a shame she doesn't have people around her that are truly concerned with her healing first of all and inlfuencinf the church to avoid anything like this in the future second of all. If she did have those people around her they would certainly talk her out of this stuff. People like NNNoah and Dehlin are bad people because they cloak their own axe grinding and fame-seeking in feigned concern for those they exploit.

Comment

Sure she made the decision to do it; it might even have been her idea. But if she was really raped in the MTC and ignored about it for decades then I will give her a bit of a pass. I'm sure that would mess someone up. But it is a shame she doesn't have people around her that are truly concerned with her healing first of all and inlfuencinf the church to avoid anything like this in the future second of all. If she did have those people around her they would certainly talk her out of this stuff. People like NNNoah and Dehlin are bad people because they cloak their own axe grinding and fame-seeking in feigned concern for those they exploit.
                      Good post.

Comment

I essentially agree. But although Dehlin obviously loves the limelight, I wouldn't lump him in with the NNN asshole. Despite all his antics and tiresome shtick, I do think he cares about the people he, um, exploits.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          I essentially agree. But although Dehlin obviously loves the limelight, I wouldn't lump him in with the NNN asshole. Despite all his antics and tiresome shtick, I do think he cares about the people he, um, exploits.
                          They are the same, just a matter of degree.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            You could be right. But what I see as Dehlin's empathy to the people of his causes separates him from NNN, who just wants to burn it all down.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Please tell me this is a double-entendre about DR. John Dehlin.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                Please tell me this is a double-entendre about DR. John Dehlin.
                                If I missed that, then to falafel!
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X