Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46585870...ns-charges-say

Elder Gilbert the MP wants to talk to you.
    Wonder what mission in Mexico.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      https://www.ksl.com/article/46585870...ns-charges-say

Elder Gilbert the MP wants to talk to you.
      Wow, that kid has a really punchable face. Really difficult not to see the appeal of good old fashioned vigilante justice in cases like these. That being said, I blame both this young man's bishop and his MP for not correctly using the power of discernment.

Comment

• Wow that's terrible. That kid has some serious issues.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• That is horrifying.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• No words.

Comment

• There was a kid from Utah who killed himself after being threatened with compromising pictures being made public. I think he paid some blackmail money, but when he couldn't make additional payments, he committed suicide.

Really sad stuff.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                There was a kid from Utah who killed himself after being threatened with compromising pictures being made public. I think he paid some blackmail money, but when he couldn't make additional payments, he committed suicide.

Really sad stuff.
                Yep. I was good friends with his mom through HS. Crazy sad story. He paid over 20k he had saved up, but the threats just kept coming. Up to 10k text threats a day. Ended up being traced back to a slum in Nigeria, where there just wasn't the ability to pin down who the actual scammer was.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  There was a kid from Utah who killed himself after being threatened with compromising pictures being made public. I think he paid some blackmail money, but when he couldn't make additional payments, he committed suicide.

Really sad stuff.
                  I got an email from someone threatening to expose my internet history, and supposed webcam footage of me from my computer if I didn't pay money.

I knew immediately it was a bluff but someone with skeletons in the closet could get spooked.

Edit: I should add that our IT folks sent out a warning of this type of email shortly after I got it. Another soldier had already paid money.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    I did a home ministering/teaching visit last night to a sweet 80+ old couple. This isn't a humble brag thing. It's my first visit in six months, and I was kind of forced into it.

The most challenging part of this man's life right now is that he had about 30 web link shortcuts set up on his desktop which are all broken after the church changed the website from lds to churchofjesuschrist. He had me look at it to see if I could fix it, when I told him my job was computer related, but I just couldn't force myself to do it. His son's going to come over to handle the job.
                    GREAT NEWS!

He can still link to Mormon and Gays just fine.
                    https://mormonandgay.churchofjesuschrist.org/

It appears this page is still not important enough to remove the victory for Satan from the title.
                    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 07-02-2019, 02:43 PM.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• What if they respond with photoshopped pictures of their faces on someone else's body, so that he doesn't photoshop their faces on someone else's nude body?

Comment

• We had some visitors today - I asked where they were from - they said Tremonton - I said Tremonton? "is that by Snowville?"

He got clackattacked!
                        Last edited by clackamascoug; 07-07-2019, 10:50 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Public Service Announcement: Record snowfall and subsequent runoff may not be the year to try to fjord rapids in homemade canoes. Now you know. JIC will get super pissed at this, but this is exactly the type of thing I would expect from Cedar folk.

Scouts group rescued in Emery County after 'ill-fated' Green River trip in homemade canoes

The group of more than 20 Scouts and leaders set off from Green River State Park on Wednesday afternoon in mostly homemade canoes that were fashioned out of PVC pipe and wrapped with a plastic tarp material, according to a Facebook post from Emery County Sheriff’s Office.

The group, which was from Cedar City, planned to go 67 miles from the park to the Mineral Bottoms area just north of Canyonlands National Park, according to the post. However, their trip ended just 4 miles downstream.
                          A sheriff’s sergeant responded to a call of a young man who had shown up at a farm distraught and needing assistance, according to the post. The sergeant then launched a sheriff’s department boat that was staged in Green River and headed to the state park boat ramp, where one of the Scout leaders was waiting.
                          The Scout leader had sunk his canoe after just a few hundred yards but was able to get out of the river and get back to the boat ramp.
                          Shortly after, a man who lives downriver arrived with three more Scouts and one of their leaders who had stopped their trip after having canoe problems, according to the post.
                          Several other sheriff’s deputies proceeded down the river to find the rest of the Scouts and leaders. They found one Scout clinging to a tree about a mile downstream from the boat ramp, and he was able to float to the sheriff’s office boat using his life jacket, according to the post.
                          https://www.ksl.com/article/46592257...dcxjO8ueANeIU8

Man, I'm getting a kick out of the comments. I can't believe how many people are like "hey, it didn't work but it sounds like this was a fun, adventurous idea. Way to think outside the box!"
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Public Service Announcement: Record snowfall and subsequent runoff may not be the year to try to fjord rapids in homemade canoes. Now you know. JIC will get super pissed at this, but this is exactly the type of thing I would expect from Cedar folk.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46592257...dcxjO8ueANeIU8

Man, I'm getting a kick out of the comments. I can't believe how many people are like "hey, it didn't work but it sounds like this was a fun, adventurous idea. Way to think outside the box!"
                            Unfortunately, after seeing that story earlier today, I spent an inordinate amount of time looking at DIY canoes and kayaks this afternoon.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• We did almost the same project and activity when I was a priest. Except we used wood, Kevlar and airplane fabric to build our canoes. 25 years later and mine is still sea worthy. The trip was genuinely incredible. So freaking gorgeous that even I, a horrible jerk teenager, appreciated the scenery. I remember at one point I even turned off my Walkman.

Comment

• We had a cardboard canoe race when I was a YM leader a couple years ago. Basically it was timed from one dock to another at a local lake. The only materials allowed were cardboard, rolls of plastic and duct tape. It was a lot of fun. Surprisingly 3 of the canoes made it across. The kids loved it.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X