Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 3900

Thread: Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

I had cousins that joined the polygamist Lebarons 50-60 years ago.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

20 years ago, I baptized a couple who was from there and had family members still practicing polygamy, but they were living in the states while the husband earned money doing drywall. The mission president had to come down to interview them. Good folks. Excellent drywaller (one of the service projects we helped out with was redoing someone's basement after water damage, including reconstructing stairs. Luis probably did half the mudding in the time it took all the rest of the folks to do the other half).

Default Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

This seems like it should just be a place holder for many stories to come from our community.

https://people.com/tv/the-real-house...ity-announced/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 11-16-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    This seems like it should just be a place holder for many stories to come from our community.

https://people.com/tv/the-real-house...ity-announced/

Casserole making, Primary activities, and talk of the best minivans. Awesome!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Casserole making, Primary activities, and talk of the best minivans. Awesome!
    I hope they’re able to fully capture the full drama of passive aggressive ward Facebook groups.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    I hope they’re able to fully capture the full drama of passive aggressive ward Facebook groups.

All I want is one good venting session about how someone stole a puppy chow recipe for the ward potluck.

We just going to pretend like Barstool didn’t do an “expose” on the Provo Soak? In a twist of irony, the one guy who will cop to doing this is a Ute fan and the one student athlete who they talk to is a Ute.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/video...f-sex-in-utah/
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Lol, that was stoopid. Come on Utes fans, stop making the rest of us look like idiots.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Lol, that was stoopid. Come on Utes fans, stop making the rest of us look like idiots.
    On behalf of all people from the good state of Utah, I could not agree more!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    We just going to pretend like Barstool didn’t do an “expose” on the Provo Soak? In a twist of irony, the one guy who will cop to doing this is a Ute fan and the one student athlete who they talk to is a Ute.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/video...f-sex-in-utah/
    Ute guy claims Brandon Davies was soaking.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Not just Ute fans. Your football player made the revelation that the Church has "profited on capitalism" and it's all connected to soaking.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

That was hilarious. Yeah those were two classy Utes!

Hahahahahahahahaha. That Utah fan actually went on camera, which will forever be on the web, willingly? Lol.

Utahns love the old wives tails. This stuff was the high school talk of the 90s and I'm sure it was even before that. I once had a Catholic roommate from Long Island. One night we got into a conversation about loopholes and his examples were exactly like mine. But they had cooler names for it like "saddlebacking" and "exit polling"

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Having had the misfortune of watching the video, I've concluded that anyone engaging in soaking should be excommunicated, not for sexual misconduct but for irredeemable stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Having had the misfortune of watching the video, I've concluded that anyone engaging in soaking should be excommunicated, not for sexual misconduct but for irredeemable stupidity.
    I don't know about you, but it is a clear case of misconducting sex. Agree on irredeemable stupidity. uofutah students and fans appear to have extensive experience in misconducting sex. Not surprising.

Just watched the video and I agree with PAC: lots of stupidity on display. To wit:

1. The U fan - what a doofus. Telling the camera that he soaked with "probably the hottest girl I've ever been with." That must have been a ReALLLY HOT woman! Because I can only imagine the hot woman this dude has been with.
    2. The Cougars - makes you wonder how stupid college kids are nowadays to believe some of the stories (all fifth hand) that they believe. Two people standing up having a sexsoak while two other people push mattresses to force them into motion? What?!?!?! You believe this actually happened between two actual, real-life people?
    3. Barstool sports guy - maybe the biggest doofus of all. Was he wearing a shirt and tie to mock mormon culture or was he actually wearing that ill-fitting combo because he thought it made him look good. And the fuzzed out "Utah football player" who is perhaps 150 pounds, flabby arms, and is a conspiracy lover (that didn't make any sense, btw)? I'm not sure barstool sports did their research on the body types that predominate on football programs (especially top ten football programs).

All in all, about what I'd expect from barstool sports.
    Last edited by Applejack; 11-19-2019 at 09:30 AM.

I refuse to watch this video.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Nothing good will come from clicking on that link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    same.

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pre-Historic Man

I started it and should have heeded the advice of others. Dumb. I didn't make it past the first therapist.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Trump gave states the power to ban refugees. Conservative Utah wants more of them.

Biskupski said it is also impossible to ignore the influence of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS).

Nearly two-thirds of the state is Mormon. The group traces its presence in the territory that became modern Utah to a mid-19th-century flight from persecution in the eastern United States. That history helps shape its approach to refugees.

“It’s in the DNA of a lot of the residents of Utah, having pioneer forefathers who were driven from their homes because of their religious beliefs,” said Rick Foster, who manages the church’s global network of welfare operations, including support for refugees. “There’s an acute sensitivity to individuals who are suffering a similar plight.”

I admire the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints approach to refugees and immigration.
    To me, it's nothin' but a one-man cult
    And cyanide in my styrofoam cup
    -- Frank Ocean, Bad Religion

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I admire the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints approach to refugees and immigration.
    Welcome back, brother.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Welcome back, brother.
    You will never get me back, nor do you really want me back anyway. I'm apostate for life.

You will never get me back, nor do you really want me back anyway. I'm apostate for life.
    You may not want to hear this, but you're wrong.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    You may not want to hear this, but you're wrong.
    Of his three statements, that one is the wrongest.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Of his three statements, that one is the wrongest.
    I've said it before and I will say it again, there is little to no value in my eternal soul. Once you realize this fact, you will recognize that the statement that you don't want me back is correct.

I've said it before and I will say it again, there is little to no value in my eternal soul. Once you realize this fact, you will recognize that the statement that you don't want me back is correct.
    There are lots of things with little to no value that I still want.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;" D&C 18:10 There isn't an exception there for you, Funk.