Is it OK to kill cyclists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    I like daylight savings time as it provides more light at night. In fact, I think it should be made permanent.
    It sucks for morning golf though.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I like daylight savings time as it provides more light at night. In fact, I think it should be made permanent.
      Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      For the record, I am pro Daylight Saving Time year-round.
      I'm in. Where do we sign up?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-time/hR4Cc56B

Only 99,992 signatures to go.

Comment

Sorry, PAC. Looks like this young aussie thinks the answer to your thread query is yes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ml?cps=gravity

Poor Kimberley Davis.The 21-year-old Australian woman was livid when she slammed into a bicyclist while texting late last year, putting dents in her car. The victim suffered a spinal fracture and would spend the next three months in a hospital, but Davis wasn't having any of it, The Standard reports.
          "I just don’t care because I’ve already been through a lot of bullshit and my car is, like, pretty expensive and now I have to fix it," she told a responding officer two days after the Sept. 20 collision. "I’m kind of pissed off that the cyclist has hit the side of my car. I don’t agree that people texting and driving could hit a cyclist. I wasn’t on my phone when I hit the cyclist."
          Davis, of Port Fairy, pleaded guilty on Monday to dangerous driving and was fined $4,500. Police say she used her phone behind the wheel 44 times before running down the cyclist. She called emergency responders but parked more than 300 feet away from the victim and refused to offer him help.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Sorry, PAC. Looks like this young aussie thinks the answer to your thread query is yes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ml?cps=gravity

only if the cyclist scratches your car.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

She'd make a good Kardashian.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                Arizona.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  Arizona.
                  Isn't that for no daylight savings time at all? That's the opposite of my preference.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

This kind of fits in here....

http://www.click2houston.com/news/fl...g-law/25588992
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Revenge! Though not cool, a Marin cyclist in a fit of road rage beat the crap out of a driver who allegedly clipped him. Despite the serious injuries, I'm amused that the onlookers, spineless do-gooders, attempted to stop the guy by shouting and honking their horns. More profiles in courage.

http://www.sfgate.com/default/articl...ad-5429625.php

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Revenge! Though not cool, a Marin cyclist in a fit of road rage beat the crap out of a driver who allegedly clipped him. Despite the serious injuries, I'm amused that the onlookers, spineless do-gooders, attempted to stop the guy by shouting and honking their horns. More profiles in courage.

http://www.sfgate.com/default/articl...ad-5429625.php
                        I think it's clear to see how a cyclist could put someone in the hospital. I never tire of seeing this little clip.

Comment

I was visiting with a neighbor about cycling the other day, when he described something that had happened to him. He was driving over Trapper's Loop (a fairly wide highway with 2 lanes each direction that climbs over the hills between Morgan and Ogden valleys, for those who don't know it) hauling a boat. He said he came around a corner and there was a group of cyclists riding up the mountain 2 abreast. They were into his lane, so he had to slow in order to change lanes as there was a vehicle in the lane next to him at the time.

None of this is new or astonishing, but his response gave me pause. He mentioned that there were signs all up and down the road that had the graphic of a bicycle and said "share the road". So when he came upon these cyclists, which caused him to brake and change lanes, his humorous response was "Hey! What happened to share the road?!? Don't you guys read the signs?"

For whatever reason he wasn't able to grasp the concept that "sharing" the road doesn't mean get out of the way so that he can have the road to himself. Until folks like him move beyond a 4 year-old's understanding of sharing, I'm afraid there will be drivers killing cyclists.

Comment

I wanted to kill a cyclist the other day. In fact, I'd say I get that feeling quite often.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Here in the South the mayor gives certificates of merit every time you nail a bicyclist. As a matter of fact on the East Carolina University application they ask how many certificates you have received.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                I wanted to kill a cyclist the other day. In fact, I'd say I get that feeling quite often.
                                Don't kill yourself, MG! You have so much to live for!
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X