Is it OK to kill cyclists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    MG is killing it here. Solid work. Makes him even more lovable to me.
    I have a lot of hostility for cyclists, which was the best part about the running "MG rides a 10-speed" meme that fus started. And the funny thing is, I don't even drive that much. Usually I'm running during the commute home, and they still annoy the shit out of me. I have a green at a crosswalk, and here comes a cyclist right at me, because while all the other cars are stopped, his dumb ass is just riding through. Grrr...frickin' cyclists...annoying both cars AND pedestrians!
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
        Agreed, taking on posters' sacred faith in a way that soonercoug could never pull off.
        What's funny is that PAC tried to downplay the extent to which cyclists disregard traffic laws, including following protocol at a red light. Yet in this very thread the cyclists are completely undermining his argument. If I saw PAC waiting at a red light, I'd be gracious as he slowly pedaled through the intersection to pick up speed after the light went green. If I saw ER or Brutus just pedal through the red I'd throw a dew can or something at them when I caught up five seconds later.

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
          Agreed, taking on posters' sacred faith in a way that soonercoug could never pull off.
          Imagine if MG had Sooner's scientific knowledge and anti-LDS passion but maintained his own lovable style; 95% of CS would be requesting to have our names removed from the Church records.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Imagine if MG had Sooner's scientific knowledge and anti-LDS passion but maintained his own lovable style; 95% of CS would be requesting to have our names removed from the Church records.
            lol

I hope this means everyone has a dew can ready for the next time they see ER or Brutus ride through an intersection illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              They're always going to be annoying no matter what, so I would prefer that they follow effing traffic rules like the rest of us while being annoying. I swear I want to throw sit at their dumb asses every time I see them ride right through an intersection when the light is red.
              In fairness to MG, he may have to deal with SU riding the streets of his city.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                In fairness to MG, he may have to deal with SU riding the streets of his city.
                That's how SU keeps himself from becoming a fat, middle-aged white ESPN anchor. With the cycling he looks more like a trim, young Asian man.

Comment

If I saw ER or Brutus just pedal through the red I'd throw a dew can or something at them when I caught up five seconds later.
                  I only run red lights before 6:00am when there aren't many drivers on the road. Oddly enough, drivers at that time of morning seem to be a lot more friendly than later in the day. Any later in the day and I wait patiently with everyone else.
                  When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

I only ride in cedar city. People are nice here.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

. . .All the rest of the cars have to wait at the red light, so should their dumb asses. . .
                      Cars don't have to wait, they can break the law just like bikes and pedestrians.

It is fascinating to me that the red light seems to be the one law drivers will not break. Speed limits, stop signs, signaling for turns, many drivers have no problem ignoring. But a car will wait obediently at a red light at 5:00 in the morning with no cars coming for miles in either direction.

Comment

FTR, I suspect I ride through red lights maybe 2-3% of the time, and then ONLY after I've slowed down to a near stop and if there aren't any cars or pedestrians in sight. In my experience, at least here in the Bay Area, that's true for a very large majority of cyclists. Stop signs? Again, I always slow down to a crawl, and yield to any other car/bike that's reached the intersection before me, but I prefer not to come to a complete stop as clipping in and out is a bother. I get the anger at cyclists who don't follow my routine , but in my experience they're in a distinct minority. Cyclists killed by motorists vs. motorists (or even pedestrians) killed by cyclists? And motorists are the ones enraged? I assume except for Gracie they're all fat slobs who resent the fact that but for their lousy driving, the cyclist will live a lot longer.

Comment

I'm in favors of bikers, drivers, and walkers ignoring traffic stops when they are clearly unnecessary.

The main reason people won't run red lights is because it seems so blatantly obvious that a cop could see the infraction from any distance.

People don't ride bikes where I live, so I don't have to worry about them. If they did, I'm sure I'd side with Mark Grace.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                            Cars don't have to wait, they can break the law just like bikes and pedestrians.

It is fascinating to me that the red light seems to be the one law drivers will not break. Speed limits, stop signs, signaling for turns, many drivers have no problem ignoring. But a car will wait obediently at a red light at 5:00 in the morning with no cars coming for miles in either direction.
                            I agree that it's interesting. I used this as part of an Elder's Quorum lesson I taught once. I think people were fascinated and astounded by my lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              FTR, I suspect I ride through red lights maybe 2-3% of the time, and then ONLY after I've slowed down to a near stop and if there aren't any cars or pedestrians in sight. In my experience, at least here in the Bay Area, that's true for a very large majority of cyclists. Stop signs? Again, I always slow down to a crawl, and yield to any other car/bike that's reached the intersection before me, but I prefer not to come to a complete stop as clipping in and out is a bother. I get the anger at cyclists who don't follow my routine , but in my experience they're in a distinct minority. Cyclists killed by motorists vs. motorists (or even pedestrians) killed by cyclists? And motorists are the ones enraged? I assume except for Gracie they're all fat slobs who resent the fact that but for their lousy driving, the cyclist will live a lot longer.
                              FTR, I'm not advocating killing cyclists. That would really make me a jerk.

Comment

Here's one scenario where I generally get more annoyed at the runners/peds than cyclists. There's a bridge at the bottom of my neighborhood, and when the bridge goes up during the afternoon commute, it backs up all the bikers, runners, walkers, etc. When the bridge goes back down, I know the bikers are going to move faster than I do, so I politely let all the bikers go through so I don't hold them up. But I see some runners/walkers that just head out before the bikers, and then the whole bridge gets backed up because the bikers can't move at their normal speed. Morans. Though I think the really enemy in this instance is the effing boaters.

Comment

Working...
                                X