Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/11/1...chool-football

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
      https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/11/1...chool-football

Did you notice this in the article?

Updated Jul 11, 2017
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I haven't noticed a decline in my area schools, but I am surprised at the schools that are having a hard time fielding teams. I'm especially surprised by Timpanogos. It is a big school in Orem. Yeah, it's football team is terrible, but how do you not have enough students to field all the teams with a student body of 1400.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...son-timpanogos

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          I haven't noticed a decline in my area schools, but I am surprised at the schools that are having a hard time fielding teams. I'm especially surprised by Timpanogos. It is a big school in Orem. Yeah, it's football team is terrible, but how do you not have enough students to field all the teams with a student body of 1400.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...son-timpanogos
          That's about how many students we had at my high school (sophomores - seniors). By enrollment, we were the smallest school in the top athletic division in the state. I can only think of two guys from our football team that went on to play Division I football. And only one of those two started in the NFL. The other is stuck coaching in college.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Antonio Brown. End of discussion.

Comment

• Tokenism

Comment

• we would be remiss if we didn't mention kuechly's retirement in this thread. his 7th season. like if lebron had retired before he ever went to miami.

age 28, same age as mike trout today. imagine trout leaving the game today.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  we would be remiss if we didn't mention kuechly's retirement in this thread. his 7th season. like if lebron had retired before he ever went to miami.

age 28, same age as mike trout today. imagine trout leaving the game today.

Mike Trout left the game today, he'd be about a week late, since yesterday is when the world learned he gets to uses HGH for a thyroid condition.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Mike Trout left the game today, he'd be about a week late, since yesterday is when the world learned he gets to uses HGH for a thyroid condition.
                    Lol
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I suspect his thyroid diagnosing Dr just got an influx of MLB patients.
                      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                        I suspect his thyroid diagnosing Dr just got an influx of MLB patients.
                        Nothing to see here.
                        https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...on-to-use-hgh/

Comment

• So the doctor who found cte severely overestimated his findings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-bennet-omalu/

Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 01-26-2020, 04:55 PM.
                          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                            So the doctor who found cte severely overestimated his findings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-bennet-omalu/

That first sentence is a really weird claim. A useless claim really:

In recorded medical literature, there are no documented cases of someone developing CTE from a single concussion.
                            I believe Junior Seau was never diagnosed with a concussion, while it is very likely he suffered some. So I guess technically no concussion isn't a single concussion. How would you even determine if someone had received only a single concussion? And then how are we ever going to determine the direct relationship of a concussion on long term health? It's like claiming, smoking one cigarette has never been tied to cancer? Napoleon, like anyone can even know that.

At any rate.

What this comes down to is that there are mental risks one assumes when playing football. They are likely less than those associate with Boxing, and definitely less than Omalus claim that every NFL player suffers from CTE.

Unfortunately Omalu is going to become the Red Herring that defenders beat up on now because of his snake oil salesman approach to this. Hopefully the guy disappears from the CTE scene. His sensationalism helped raise awareness but is only going to be counter-productive at this point. Hopefully there are some good comprehensive studies that come out soon that help make the level of risks more clear.

Comment

Working...
                            X