The End of Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    I’m no DH, but I’ve said this phrase in my head a dozen times and it makes sense to me
    I'm not sure it's a double negative. Makes sense to me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
      I'm not sure it's not a double negative. Makes sense to me too.
      fify
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        I’m no DH, but I’ve said this phrase in my head a dozen times and it makes sense to me
        Originally posted by wapiti View Post
        I'm not sure it's a double negative. Makes sense to me too.
        Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        fify
        Maybe it does make perfect sense. It seemed awkwardly worded to me, and my fried brain.

Comment

• Does anyone else feel a bit guilty watching football now, especially when there are huge hits to heads? I love to watch football but the shine has certainly been taken off the last couple of years by CTE.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I don't, no.

Comment

• I have long thought that launching one's head at someone was a bad idea and prone to problems. As long as they wrap up and tackle, then there should be fewer problems. Although they're going too far when you can't breathe on the QB without being penalized.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                I don't, no.
                Same here.
                "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Does anyone else feel a bit guilty watching football now, especially when there are huge hits to heads? I love to watch football but the shine has certainly been taken off the last couple of years by CTE.
                  Not in the slightest.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                  "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• I do. At least, the slightest bit.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I do also. I’ve really cut back over the last several years. I still watch everything BYU I can, but not nearly as much other stuff. And seeing fans boo Andrew Luck as he walked off the field only reinforced that.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• I do. Which is meaningless, since I still watch it.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• More stories about the declining health of football players:

https://deadspin.com/my-husband-is-d...day-1837411982

Also, listening to NPR at lunch they were also talking about the Andrew Luck retirement and how teams in the future are going to be less likely to draft the type of players who have other options in life (like a white boy who went to Stanford), because they are more likely to walk away from football as they find it just isn't worth it to play and ruin your bodies.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            Does anyone else feel a bit guilty watching football now, especially when there are huge hits to heads? I love to watch football but the shine has certainly been taken off the last couple of years by CTE.
                            Yeah, me too.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Yeah, me too.
                              I worry about it every day
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                                More stories about the declining health of football players:

https://deadspin.com/my-husband-is-d...day-1837411982

Also, listening to NPR at lunch they were also talking about the Andrew Luck retirement and how teams in the future are going to be less likely to draft the type of players who have other options in life (like a white boy who went to Stanford), because they are more likely to walk away from football as they find it just isn't worth it to play and ruin your bodies.
                                Yikes, let the gladiator comparisons begin (er, continue? Amplify?)
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X