The Official High School Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    This kid is from Spanish Fork. He went to Spanish Fork HS and plays for the Spanish Fork Dums. Is anyone really surprised that he is a dunce??
    A good friend of mine lives in Spanish, and says he is a good kid and having a really rough time. I'd hate to be him or his father. It really sucks that our mistakes are so public sometimes. On the other hand, while he may never live this down, at least nobody was hurt, as is often the case when kids make mistakes.
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

This kid is from Spanish Fork. He went to Spanish Fork HS and plays for the Spanish Fork Dums. Is anyone really surprised that he is a dunce??
      Fuck you! We are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      *Banned*

Comment

• His coach is manning up and sticking up for him. This is a nice article.

But as you might expect his head coach doesn’t appreciate the vast majority of what he’s read or heard.

“Much of what has been said or commented about Jason’s mistake has been downright vitriolic,” Kirk Chambers shared with TheBlaze on Thursday.

Chambers said that final play was designed to run out the clock so that Maple Mountain couldn’t kick a game-tying field goal — and unfortunately Money had a “brief lapse.” No question the quarterback knew immediately what it all meant, as he knelt dejected after the game.

In the end, Chambers — like good head coaches do, especially at the high school level — placed the game’s outcome upon his own shoulders.

“If blame for losing that game must be placed on one person, I am responsible for what happened,” he told TheBlaze. “As his head coach, I put Jason in that situation without preparing him for it. Since that game I have been through hundreds of difference scenarios in my mind on how I should have done better as a coach. I have no excuse. I have been in the game for over 20 years…I failed, not Jason.”

But Chambers has something else to share about his quarterback — something with far greater and longer-lasting implications than the final score of a high school football game.

In short, Chambers told TheBlaze, ”Jason is the kind of young man I would want my children to emulate.”

If he only meant on the gridiron, such an accolade is hard to argue with.

Money, he said, is “responsible for over 10,000 total yards offense during his three years as quarterback at Spanish Fork High School. We would not have been in that game if it were not for Jason. He has taken our team to great heights, to the state championship game in 2012.”

But it goes deeper than that.

The night after his team’s heartbreaking loss — and given his part in it, one that likely would send most 17-year-olds into pseudo-permanent hiding — Money was up to something else.

“I went to check on him,” Chambers told TheBlaze, “and he was coming home from a service project during which he was raking up his neighbor’s leaves.”

His coach added that Money is “always the first one to volunteer to go to the elementary schools and read to younger students. He’s the teammate who reaches out to younger, less experienced players to make them feel welcome on our team.”
        sigpic
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Fuck you! We are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Damn straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            A good friend of mine lives in Spanish, and says he is a good kid and having a really rough time. I'd hate to be him or his father. It really sucks that our mistakes are so public sometimes. On the other hand, while he may never live this down, at least nobody was hurt, as is often the case when kids make mistakes.
            My post was really a thinly veiled jab at junkie. I'm living rent free in his head.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

My post was really a thinly veiled jab at junkie. I'm living rent free in his head.
              The triplet/cougjunkie BFF back and forth is eerily reminiscent of wuap/tim stuff we used to read frequently a couple years back. It's kinda cute, tbh.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

He is? If so, Utah has first dibs on him as a recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  The triplet/cougjunkie BFF back and forth is eerily reminiscent of wuap/tim stuff we used to read frequently a couple years back. It's kinda cute, tbh.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I've been following the SF High quarterback saga. The outpouring of support from teamates and others has been really touching. This Deseret News article talks about him getting phone calls from Lavelle, Gary Crowton, and even Ryan Fitzpatrick. One of my best friends helps coach Sprigville's team, and he and his wife stopped by with donuts, an incident in the article that refers to the Springville High coaching staff. By all accounts, the kid is a super kid. What really sucks is that this kid has broken all sorts of school records, and his extended family was all there because they were all going to the airport to pick up his sister from her mission immediately after the game.
                    sigpic
                    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                      I've been following the SF High quarterback saga. The outpouring of support from teamates and others has been really touching. This Deseret News article talks about him getting phone calls from Lavelle, Gary Crowton, and even Ryan Fitzpatrick. One of my best friends helps coach Sprigville's team, and he and his wife stopped by with donuts, an incident in the article that refers to the Springville High coaching staff. By all accounts, the kid is a super kid. What really sucks is that this kid has broken all sorts of school records, and his extended family was all there because they were all going to the airport to pick up his sister from her mission immediately after the game.
                      why do those things really suck??

Sounds like time has given people perspective. Nothing can change his absolute mental blunder and he is always going to be a negative highlight, but it sounds like his family and community rallied around him when he needed it most. He sounds like a really good kid.

The twitter death threats are vile and loathsome. Portland Ute should be ashamed of himself.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

why do those things really suck??

Sounds like time has given people perspective. Nothing can change his absolute mental blunder and he is always going to be a negative highlight, but it sounds like his family and community rallied around him when he needed it most. He sounds like a really good kid.

The twitter death threats are vile and loathsome. Portland Ute should be ashamed of himself.
                        I didn't write that well. It sucks that he has broken all sorts of records, and this one play will be what he is remembered for. It sucks that he was so good and the only game a lot of his family saw him play in was the one he made the mistake of his career in. It sucks that he went to pick up his sister, sobbing the entire way, and was so sad on what should have been such a happy occasion.

The death threats and other idiotic, hurtful comments were just stupid. Some people need to get a life.
                        sigpic
                        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• i kind of like that riverton still runs the wing t. obviously not a great way to beat bingham. and this american fork vs. brighton should be a good one.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Utah 4A and 5A playoffs today. Bingham vs. AF in progress right now.

http://live.ksl.com/scheduler/embed-view

Timpview vs. Roy at 6:30 pm MT.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Utah 4A and 5A playoffs today. Bingham vs. AF in progress right now.

http://live.ksl.com/scheduler/embed-view

Timpview vs. Roy at 6:30 pm MT.
                              Which teams are favored? I imagine Timpview is in its game.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Two of the best programs in Texas meet this Saturday at AT&T (Cowboy) Stadium in the second round of Class 6 Division 1.
                                Allen vs DeSoto. Both are undefeated this year. The winner of the game will most likely win state. Kind of a shame that they meet so early in the playoffs (round 2 of 6 rounds). Over the past three seasons, Allen has lost only one game and are two-time defending state champs. During that time, DeSoto has only lost three games with two of those losses coming from Allen in the playoffs the past two years. Accoriding to MaxPreps, Allen is ranked #3 nationally and DeSota is ranked #17.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Utah 4A and 5A playoffs today. Bingham vs. AF in progress right now.
                                That same MaxPreps ranking has Bingham at #16. Quite an accomplishment, got to think Bingham is favored to win state.
                                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
                                X