The Official High School Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
    School-based? All for that. Pissed me off when people from Brighton, East, and wherever else they could find them would show up for them.

I always thought rugby in Utah would be better if you broke up the one 100-player team and fielded three other teams from that group. Bad enough we had to play against Haloti Ngata my senior year-- we didn't need to play against Fui too.
    Fui was the best high school rugby player I’ve ever seen. Haloti was amazing, but Fui was at another level.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Orem shouldn't be playing in the 4A this year. too good, too powerful in the trenches.

Orem up 20-0 at the half, Dixie comes out in the 3rd quarter drives right down the field (with the help of a couple penalties) and scores, missing the extra point. 20-6. On the ensuing possession, Orem marches down the field in about 6 plays and answers, now 26-6. On Dixie's next possession, first play from scrimmage - pick 6 for Orem and the game is effectively over.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• 60-13 for Orem.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Lol. Dixie Flyers suck!
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Orem shouldn't be playing in the 4A this year. too good, too powerful in the trenches.

Orem up 20-0 at the half, Dixie comes out in the 3rd quarter drives right down the field (with the help of a couple penalties) and scores, missing the extra point. 20-6. On the ensuing possession, Orem marches down the field in about 6 plays and answers, now 26-6. On Dixie's next possession, first play from scrimmage - pick 6 for Orem and the game is effectively over.
            It would be an all Utah county championship for the top 3 divisions if Skyridge can beat corner canyon
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
              It would be an all Utah county championship for the top 3 divisions if Skyridge can beat corner canyon
              Let's hear it for the Bubble!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Orem shouldn't be playing in the 4A this year. too good, too powerful in the trenches.

It helps that Orem has Todd Pederson and Vivint backing them.

Noah Sewell moving up from St. George was a nice coincidence.

Puka lives in Timpview boundaries but his mom has a job with Golden Landscaping. Head basketball coach for Orem High? Golden Holt who happens to own Golden Landscaping.

The list goes on and on.

Jeremy Hill calling a double pass up 53-6 was a dick head move and why nobody likes him.

Cooper Legas is a good athlete and extremely accurate but he has a major hitch in his throw. Its weird, like he double clutches everything and never throws in rhythm. Also they run the same play every single time.

4 wide with a 1 Rb, shotgun, outside receiver runs a streak or a deep dig route, the inside receivers run shallow crossing routes. RB flares to the sideline. Same exact play over and over. They just sit down in zones and nickel and dime you to death until he takes as shot deep.

I think Cooper is more accurate than Boone Abbott of AF. But the ball jumps out of Boones hand. He has an absolute cannon. I think his upside is much better at the next level. He is also bigger.
                *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  It helps that Orem has Todd Pederson and Vivint backing them.

Noah Sewell moving up from St. George was a nice coincidence.

Puka lives in Timpview boundaries but his mom has a job with Golden Landscaping. Head basketball coach for Orem High? Golden Holt who happens to own Golden Landscaping.

The list goes on and on.

Jeremy Hill calling a double pass up 53-6 was a dick head move and why nobody likes him.

Cooper Legas is a good athlete and extremely accurate but he has a major hitch in his throw. Its weird, like he double clutches everything and never throws in rhythm. Also they run the same play every single time.

4 wide with a 1 Rb, shotgun, outside receiver runs a streak or a deep dig route, the inside receivers run shallow crossing routes. RB flares to the sideline. Same exact play over and over. They just sit down in zones and nickel and dime you to death until he takes as shot deep.

I think Cooper is more accurate than Boone Abbott of AF. But the ball jumps out of Boones hand. He has an absolute cannon. I think his upside is much better at the next level. He is also bigger.
                  Pederson and Jeremy Hill put this team together when the kids were in the 4th grade. The youth team had kids from both Timpview and Orem boundaries and Pederson bankrolled it. They had all the best equipment and traveled to play elite youth teams. When they got to high school the kids wanted to stay together, Hill was given the head coaching job, and they all went to Orem. I'm not sure the Vivint/Pederson connection has been relevant (or needed) since the group got to High School.

The Noah Sewell addition was a coincidence. He was moving north and wanted to play for an elite team. He chose Orem.

Comment

• Agreed about Abbott vs Legas. Legas is a nice athlete, but not sure he'll do much as an athlete at the D1 level. (Sorry, Ross, just being honest) he's no Britain Covey. Abbott has legit size and athleticism for a QB- but agreed that he needs to improve the accuracy. In fact his lack of accuracy killed the drive with 8 minutes to play just now down 31-20 when they had to have a score.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Huge pick by AF in LP territory. Need six here with 7 minutes to play.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Abbott wildly inconsistent. He'll make a couple great throws, then miss badly on a couple. Just in the fourth, LP has dropped two INTs.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Abbott wildly inconsistent. He'll make a couple great throws, then miss badly on a couple. Just in the fourth, LP has dropped two INTs.
                          Yep I agree. Huge arm, needs to improve his accuracy. Legas has a decent arm, but he is extremely accurate. I just don't think Legas has a D-1 arm. He is also not an elite enough athlete. He is an extremely hard worker and very smart kid. He should go play somewhere in the Ivy League.
                          *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                            Pederson and Jeremy Hill put this team together when the kids were in the 4th grade. The youth team had kids from both Timpview and Orem boundaries and Pederson bankrolled it. They had all the best equipment and traveled to play elite youth teams. When they got to high school the kids wanted to stay together, Hill was given the head coaching job, and they all went to Orem. I'm not sure the Vivint/Pederson connection has been relevant (or needed) since the group got to High School.

The Noah Sewell addition was a coincidence. He was moving north and wanted to play for an elite team. He chose Orem.
                            Other than the house that Todd Pederson owns which about 6 members of the team live in, unsupervised. You are probably right. In fact the coaches are asked to take turns staying at the house (this is 100% factual, I work with one current and one former Orem coach). Also Puka tried to transfer to Timpview this past year when he thought Lance Jr. was getting the HC job. His mom told him not a chance because she didn't want to lose her job.
                            *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Other than the house that Todd Pederson owns which about 6 members of the team live in, unsupervised. You are probably right. In fact the coaches are asked to take turns staying at the house (this is 100% factual, I work with one current and one former Orem coach). Also Puka tried to transfer to Timpview this past year when he thought Lance Jr. was getting the HC job. His mom told him not a chance because she didn't want to lose her job.
                              wow. such bullshit. all so they can go out and beat everybody they play by 50. although i did think it was funny last night when Jeremy Hill tried to claim they are the best team in the state. yet he forgets his team lost Bingham already by 17 points at Orem - the same Bingham team that couldn't even make the 6A finals.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X