The Official High School Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Jerry Jones' grandson's team wins the 5A D1 state championship... John Stephen Jones had 552 yards passing (646 total yards) and 4 TDs. And they didn't take the lead until in the final minute of the game.
    Is he a senior? Did he sign anywhere?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Is he a senior? Did he sign anywhere?
      Yeah, he is a senior but he is on the small size. I think Arkansas, SMU, and Texas Tech have offered scholarships.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Here is the article in the Dallas Morning News on the Jerry Jones' grandson's game:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hig...ck-back-titles

Next up today is PBW's Allen Eagles taking on Lake Travis for the 6A D1 title. That should be a good one as well.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Here is the article in the Dallas Morning News on the Jerry Jones' grandson's game:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hig...ck-back-titles

Next up today is PBW's Allen Eagles taking on Lake Travis for the 6A D1 title. That should be a good one as well.
          Was off the grid on a cruise. Allen defeated Lake Travis in the 6A D1 finals and finished undefeated at 16-0. Allen Eagles have been on a pretty good run winning 4 state titles in the past 6 years and have gone something like 91-3 over that time. This is at the highest division of Texas HS football. Being one of the largest high schools in Texas has its advantages.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• SLC East High will travel to Texas to play the Allen Eagles this coming September. I'm looking forward to the game. In the past, Allen has scheduled prominent teams from Oklahoma, Alabama, and Louisiana. East High will have its work cut out as Allen has not lost in their new stadium (capacity 18K) since it opened in 2012.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
              SLC East High will travel to Texas to play the Allen Eagles this coming September. I'm looking forward to the game. In the past, Allen has scheduled prominent teams from Oklahoma, Alabama, and Louisiana. East High will have its work cut out as Allen has not lost in their new stadium (capacity 18K) since it opened in 2012.
              let’s go eagles!
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                SLC East High will travel to Texas to play the Allen Eagles this coming September. I'm looking forward to the game. In the past, Allen has scheduled prominent teams from Oklahoma, Alabama, and Louisiana. East High will have its work cut out as Allen has not lost in their new stadium (capacity 18K) since it opened in 2012.
                So did the Bingham Miners not want to show their face again in Texas? So Allen gets the runner up. Lame but it might be worth taking a trip out to Allen for.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So did the Bingham Miners not want to show their face again in Texas? So Allen gets the runner up. Lame but it might be worth taking a trip out to Allen for.

Bingham hasn't played in Texas since they played Trinity Euless in 2009. Since that time they've played in, or against teams from, Florida, Nevada, California, Colorado, Idaho, and Maryland. Obviously Bingham schedules games with teams from a variety of locations so the fact that Allen scheduled a Utah school besides Bingham has nothing to do with whether Bingham wants to show their face in Texas or not.

Are you thinking that Allen could have scheduled whatever team from Utah they wanted, whenever they wanted? Did Allen actually try to schedule Bingham or another Utah school besides East and couldn't?

Calling East the "runner up" for a game that occurs next year strikes me as odd. Yes, East was the "runner up" this year in Utah 6A but that's irrelevant for an out-of-state game next year. Next year, especially in September, the teams will be completely different so there is no "runner-up". Bingham could suck next year and East could be awesome, or vice-versa. East has an excellent football program overall, as does Bingham. I don't understand how you think it's lame that Allen scheduled East instead of Bingham.

I really don't understand your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Bingham hasn't played in Texas since they played Trinity Euless in 2009. Since that time they've played in, or against teams from, Florida, Nevada, California, Colorado, Idaho, and Maryland. Obviously Bingham schedules games with teams from a variety of locations so the fact that Allen scheduled a Utah school besides Bingham has nothing to do with whether Bingham wants to show their face in Texas or not.

Are you thinking that Allen could have scheduled whatever team from Utah they wanted, whenever they wanted? Did Allen actually try to schedule Bingham or another Utah school besides East and couldn't?

Calling East the "runner up" for a game that occurs next year strikes me as odd. Yes, East was the "runner up" this year in Utah 6A but that's irrelevant for an out-of-state game next year. Next year, especially in September, the teams will be completely different so there is no "runner-up". Bingham could suck next year and East could be awesome, or vice-versa. East has an excellent football program overall, as does Bingham. I don't understand how you think it's lame that Allen scheduled East instead of Bingham.

ted can be kind of a dumbass at times. not much more to it than that.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

texas
                      texas
                      texas
                      whataburger
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I don't understand your post... Allen is awesome every year. Ask PBW.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          texas
                          texas
                          texas
                          whataburger
                          Good point, JL... Y'all could make a trip to Texas, get some whataburger, and experience Allen Eagle football firsthand for yourself. Be sure to bring your pickle juice or whatever beverage you drink. It is usually still on the warm side in September still. PBW and I will save you a seat.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Good point, JL... Y'all could make a trip to Texas, get some whataburger, and experience Allen Eagle football firsthand for yourself. Be sure to bring your pickle juice or whatever beverage you drink. It is usually still on the warm side in September still. PBW and I will save you a seat.
                            That would be fun. Should have done it while my son lived there.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              That would be fun. Should have done it while my son lived there.
                              Didn't he tell you? He is coming back.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Didn't he tell you? He is coming back.
                                OK. I'm in!

Comment

Working...
                                X