No announcement yet.

The Official High School Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't understand how the refs blew the call on the muffed punt. That's basic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Really interesting finish in the 3AA semis yesterday. Juan Diego was in the red zone with 90 seconds left and the Pine View coach was worried about running out of clock, so he instructed his defense to let Juan Diego score. On the next play Juan Diego runs 16 yards for a TD and goes up by 8 points. But Pine View has enough time to drive down the entire field and score a TD and 2-pt conversion to force overtime. Then they won in overtime. That is great coaching.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...mpionship.html
      It's great coaching if it works. It's great that it did, I love endings like that.
      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
      - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
        It's great coaching if it works. It's great that it did, I love endings like that.
        Check out the video. Pine View scored on a 60-yd TD pass with one second left in regulation. Amazing game.

Juan Diego is a private school and they normally dominate. Nice to see them lose.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Check out the video. Pine View scored on a 60-yd TD pass with one second left in regulation. Amazing game.

Juan Diego is a private school and they normally dominate. Nice to see them lose.
          I heard this about Juan Diego. Not sure if it's true. They run that wishbone system and let each class play together to gain chemistry and don't play any players up. The senior class this year didn't lose a game from 9th grade up. This would be their first loss.

Comment

60 yd pass and caught with 3 defenders crashing around him. Almost like Andrew George w/ two Ute defenders.

Also, the 2 point conversion was a crazy play too.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Holy crap! 63-14 with 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Blue Springs is demolishing Lee's Summit. Wow.
              Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
              - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.

Comment

63-21 is the final. Gotta love HS football. Last year these two teams combined for a final score of 86-64...in football. LOL.

Anyway, 22 game win streak for my Wildcats. Semi-finals are next.
                - Howard Aiken

Comment

Idaho is the bomb. There are a few posters who hail from here. go to www.idahosports.com and look at the brackets. Tommorrow one in county named after 16th President Ia Div II semifinals will be played. Our school had to travel up there last year. A Christian school that I guess can recruit is pretty dominant in our conference this year. I seen several of there fans walk through gate without paying. Gate left open where there was no ticket taker. I could crawl over fence too. Have accidently paid for more people by not asking for change on 20 dollar bill.

They petitioned to stay DII but if enrollment goes up can't do the post season. Courd e Lane should win 5a, Skyview of Nampa maybe 4a, Gooding Shelley that ought to be a game. Declo could do ok. Hagerman has been steamrolling everybody this year in 1a Div I. See complaints when people preview games at Idaho sports. www.sportsboards.com good place to rant and rave too. Idaho semifinals this week and Championships next. Most will be crowded in Holt I think.

Comment

Blue Springs is up to 13 in the MaxPrep composite rankings. We face Eureka tonight, whom I've never heard of, but they're 11-1 and in the semis. So apparently they don't suck, however they are ranked just #28 in the state. Should be interesting, especially the unis, both teams' mascot is the Wildcat and both have purple and gold colors and both use the K-State Wildcat logo. I expect a win tonight, and don't think it will be close. Lee's Summit, which we demolished 63-21 last week was a top 10 team.

The other semi features Hazelwood Central and Rock Bridge, they are ranked 10th and 13th in the state. They are St. Louis teams and I don't know much about them other than one of the Hazelwood schools (East, West or Central, I forget which though I think it's Central) is perennially very strong. In the state of Missouri the power teams year in and year out are Rockhurst, Blue Springs, Jefferson City, and Hazelwood Central. I'm sure I under-representing some St. Louis teams, though. Anyway, I expect a Blue Springs - Hazelwood Central final next week. It's HS football though, so anything can happen.
                    - Howard Aiken

Comment

Blue Springs beat Eureka 42-14 in the battle of the purple and gold wildcats. We face Rock Bridge in the MO state finals next week. Rock Bridge beat Hazelwood Central 36-33. Rock Bridge was ranked #13 in the state. Should be a good game, but I expect my Wildcats to repeat as state champs. I have a real hard time believing St. Louis HS football is anywhere near the caliber seen in KC.
                      - Howard Aiken

Comment

The big showdown is all set next week in 4A. East vs. Timpview. Both teams won big in the semis.

I think the matchups might favor Timpview. It seems that East's main strength is their power run game and Timpview's strength is their front seven. Yesterday Timpview held Woods Cross to 97 yards and 7 first downs, much of that coming once the game was out of reach and subs were in the game. Most of the Timpview D-line and linebackers have D-1 offers. But East is also incredibly deep and talented. Should be an amazing game.
                        Swish. Timpview beats East in a thriller, 33-28.

Gabe Reid had a monster game for Timpview, including the game-clinching sack at the end. Son of former Cougar Spencer Reid. Rumor has it that he got an offer from Utah after the game. Just a junior.

That has to a crushing loss for East. Second year in a row they lose to Timpview in the playoffs and they seemed to have everything going their way this year. They have huge athletic players and set several state records this year on offense. They jumped out to a quick 13-0 lead and it was 25-21 for East at the half but they were held to only a field goal in the second half.

Timpview wins 6th title in 7 years. They have played in the championship game now 11 times and won 10. Several of Timpview's front seven will be playing for BYU next year. Hopefully, Isaiah Nacua will be one of them.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Gabe Reid had a monster game for Timpview, including the game-clinching sack at the end. Son of former Cougar Spencer Reid. Rumor has it that he got an offer from Utah after the game. Just a junior.

That has to a crushing loss for East. Second year in a row they lose to Timpview in the playoffs and they seemed to have everything going their way this year. They have huge athletic players and set several state records this year on offense. They jumped out to a quick 13-0 lead and it was 25-21 for East at the half but they were held to only a field goal in the second half.

Timpview wins 6th title in 7 years. They have played in the championship game now 11 times and won 10. Several of Timpview's front seven will be playing for BYU next year. Hopefully, Isaiah Nacua will be one of them.
                          East broke the state rushing record, total yards and scoring records.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            East broke the state rushing record, total yards and scoring records.
                            I still can't over how big and athletic that East team is. But they got out-coached today. All that talent but they are one-dimensional with only 12 yards passing.

East is 33-4 over the last three years. Two losses to Logan and two losses to Timpview. Can't win the big games.

Comment

It is amazing that Utah HS football is over before thanksgiving. We still have another month of HS football left...

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/5AD1
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                It is amazing that Utah HS football is over before thanksgiving. We still have another month of HS football left...

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/5AD1
                                We usually deal with this thing in Utah called "snow" that usually falls in November/December. I don't know if y'all have heard of it or not. And if there isn't snow, the temp is usually pretty cold. While it's fine to play a game in occasionally, it's probably not exactly conducive for HS kids to be out practicing in it 4 days a week. Unfortunately, our HS don't have indoor football facilities to combat the cold weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X