No announcement yet.

The Official High School Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone mention that Kahuku is now #23 in the country? They are playing Bingham in Vegas next month. I was supposed to go but it's the Utah-BYU game day.

After their third game of the season, there was weeping and wailing because another team managed to score on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Come on, you are moving the goal posts again. You said that this kid was better than Taysom when he was still in HS and Taysom was in college.
      I didn't say he was the "best qb in history", that's really moving the goalposts. I only pointed out that he was competing against a couple of quality QBs. One that was rated by Scout as the best QB in his class and another that has finished 4th and 3rd in Heisman Trophy voting. CG was the one who brought this subject back up and used college stats to try and make a point. My point is that its possible that Kyle Allen and Baker Mayfield may be better college QBs than Kyler Murray and Taysom Hill.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        Did anyone mention that Kahuku is now #23 in the country? They are playing Bingham in Vegas next month. I was supposed to go but it's the Utah-BYU game day.

After their third game of the season, there was weeping and wailing because another team managed to score on them.
        should be mentioned that Bingham blanked Kahuku 17-0.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          should be mentioned that Bingham blanked Kahuku 17-0.
          Yes they did. They shut out a Kahuku team that had been scoring a lot of points on the islands, although they were without their starting QB in Las Vegas.

Bingham's road to the playoffs looks fairly smooth in region play:

9/15 vs. Pleasant Grove, o-fer this year
          9/22 @ Westlake, o-fer this year
          9/29 vs. Lone Peak, should be a good game but I think Bingham wins. Not sure how Lone Peak managed to lose to Dixie. Dixie is good but they're two divisions lower.
          10/6 @ Hunter, 1-3 on the season
          10/13 @ American Fork, should be a good game and probably the best chance anyone in region has at beating Bingham. American Fork beat a traditionally good Servite, CA team and barely lost to Timpview.

Comment

• Headed to Somerset, TX to watch Zadock Dinkelman play on Friday.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              Yes they did. They shut out a Kahuku team that had been scoring a lot of points on the islands, although they were without their starting QB in Las Vegas.

9/29 vs. Lone Peak, should be a good game but I think Bingham wins. Not sure how Lone Peak managed to lose to Dixie. Dixie is good but they're two divisions lower.
              10/13 @ American Fork, should be a good game and probably the best chance anyone in region has at beating Bingham. American Fork beat a traditionally good Servite, CA team and barely lost to Timpview.
              Miners in the front, let me hear you grunt!
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

And Bingham goes undefeated through the regular season. Nobody really even came close. The closest game was Kahuku and that was a 17 point shutout for Bingham. Lone Peak came within 18.

Keep an eye on East who hosts IMG Academy this Friday. IMG Academy happens to be ranked #2 in the country right now and they play a crazy schedule against perennial powerhouses in Arizona, California, Alabama, Utah, and Florida. Crazy.

It's likely going to be an East/Bingham final for the state championship.

Comment

And Bingham goes undefeated through the regular season. Nobody really even came close. The closest game was Kahuku and that was a 17 point shutout for Bingham. Lone Peak came within 18.

Keep an eye on East who hosts IMG Academy this Friday. IMG Academy happens to be ranked #2 in the country right now and they play a crazy schedule against perennial powerhouses in Arizona, California, Alabama, Utah, and Florida. Crazy.

It's likely going to be an East/Bingham final for the state championship.
                  That East/IMG game should be fun.

As it stands East and Bingham are on opposite sides of the bracket. I agree they are the likely teams for the 6a finals. Herriman and LP are also on East’s side of the bracket and could shake things up.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post

As it stands East and Bingham are on opposite sides of the bracket. I agree they are the likely teams for the 6a finals. Herriman and LP are also on East’s side of the bracket and could shake things up.
                    Both 6A this year?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Both 6A this year?
                      Yes. East petitioned the UHSAA to play up at 6A for football only even though they are 5A and will compete in that classification for all other sports. Lehi is doing the same. 5A for football. 4A for everything else.
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• almost hs playoffs
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post

East isn't nearly as good as they were last year unfortunately. the O-line isn't as dominant and they miss Warren. not sure they can hang with IMG, but last year perhaps they could have.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            Headed to Somerset, TX to watch Zadock Dinkelman play on Friday.
                            I watched him play. He has a pretty big line for 4A. They wore down as the game progressed, and the faster LBs and DEs were able to disrupt him. Early in the game, they picked up chunk yards on WR screens, and he was accurate and quick. Downfield, he struggled with accuracy quite a bit. I like his size, and he was more athletic than I thought he'd be. Good measurables, not the strongest arm. I'm glad he's ours, but if he plays before a RS Jr. year, it means we're having bad years.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              East isn't nearly as good as they were last year unfortunately. the O-line isn't as dominant and they miss Warren. not sure they can hang with IMG, but last year perhaps they could have.
                              You were right about East. They got smoked by IMG on Friday.

It costs $72K per year to board at IMG and play football.

There is financial assistance if you demonstrate financial need. Especially if you are a 240lb linebacker with 4.6 40 times

The boarding includes private school tuition, sport tuition, food, housing, private tutors in all subjects, private SAT prep, etc. It's pretty amazing that public or even regular private high schools (like Catholic schools) ever get a victory over IMG.

Comment

You were right about East. They got smoked by IMG on Friday.

It costs $72K per year to board at IMG and play football.

There is financial assistance if you demonstrate financial need. Especially if you are a 240lb linebacker with 4.6 40 times

The boarding includes private school tuition, sport tuition, food, housing, private tutors in all subjects, private SAT prep, etc. It's pretty amazing that public or even regular private high schools (like Catholic schools) ever get a victory over IMG.
                                My oldest went to the game to watch some of his buddies who play for East. He said IMG’s line was huge. No pressure by East on the QB all night. Also, IMG played their 3rd string QB while the first and second signaled in plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X