The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    If we are going to remain independent, it makes little sense that we aren't scheduling 7 home games. Does the NCAA allow 8 home games?
    NCAA makes no restrictions. But it's not that easy to schedule as an independent. Everyone knows we're desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      Probably not. We have no guaranteed spot. Maybe the selection committee will put us in the playoff, but I doubt it.

I can't remember, are there any automatic qualifiers for the 4 playoff spots? It is all done by committee now, no? Is the BCS formula dead after this season?
      I don't think any undefeated team has been left out of the top 4 in the polls (maybe Hawaii?). So I think there is a good chance that an undefeated BYU with a mediocre schedule gets a playoff bid. It would probably take Boise and TExas having reasonable years though.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        NCAA makes no restrictions. But it's not that easy to schedule as an independent. Everyone knows we're desperate.
        That seventh home game would obviously be a lousy opponent, but at least it is another home game and a chance to pad the W-L. We would basically pay teams to lose to us in our stadium, a la the SEC...or maybe the Utah Utes conference games.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Probably not. We have no guaranteed spot. Maybe the selection committee will put us in the playoff, but I doubt it.

I can't remember, are there any automatic qualifiers for the 4 playoff spots? It is all done by committee now, no? Is the BCS formula dead after this season?
          I believe it is up to the whims of Condi Rice and Archie Manning.

Comment

That seventh home game would obviously be a lousy opponent, but at least it is another home game and a chance to pad the W-L. We would basically pay teams to lose to us in our stadium, a la the SEC...or maybe the Utah Utes conference games.
            We're already doing 2:1's like with Notre Dame and Texas so we need the extra game with lousy opponent just to get us to 50:50.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              We're are going to destroy Texas again. They barely even beat us when we had that reject Heaps playing quarterback. This year they had Hill running all over their asses, and he'll unleash even more terror on them next year without the knee brace. We're also going to demolish Boise St. next year, which will be the second year in a row that happens.
              Your unbridled optimism is not enough to pick up your fellow fans after a win, let alone a loss, despite the best efforts of DDD and his lifted ceiling.
              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                I don't think any undefeated team has been left out of the top 4 in the polls (maybe Hawaii?).
                Lots of undefeated teams have been left out of the top 4 even after bowl wins. Those include 2 that BYU played 2 years in a row in bowl games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Tu..._football_team
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Ma..._football_team

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                  Your unbridled optimism is not enough to pick up your fellow fans after a win, let alone a loss, despite the best efforts of DDD and his lifted ceiling.
                  Watch out FN, because your Broncos are about to get run over the next two meetings by the kid from their own backyard. You let this Noble Son of the 208 escape, and now all you can do is beg for his mercy!!!
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    Watch out FN, because your Broncos are about to get run over the next two meetings by the kid from their own backyard. You let this Noble Son of the 208 escape, and now all you can do is beg for his mercy!!!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If we are going to remain independent, it makes little sense that we aren't scheduling 7 home games. Does the NCAA allow 8 home games?
                      Boardmail Florida and Ohio State.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

I don't see how the O line wouldn't be improved with Kearsley, DeOndre Wesley, Matthews, and Tayo there.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                          I don't see how the O line wouldn't be improved with Kearsley, DeOndre Wesley, Matthews, and Tayo there.
                          Kearsley is going to lead the nasty next year. he has the disposition and it's going to rub off on the entire group. They are going to wreck bitches.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I just stood up and am slow clapping at my desk right now.

Bravo Grace.

Comment

You gotta think Texas and Boise are the only ones that look like even possibles. Wow.

I thought the mean old Pac 12 and their anti-Mormon bigotry would not allow Pac teams to play BYU in November?
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

if only we could get better home and home scheduling. 2 for 1s are going to make for shitty home schedules...
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X