The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
    What kind of apologist are you referring to? The apologists who think Bronco is the right coach but think institutional barriers prevent him from getting to the next level or the apologists who think BYU could get to the next level with a better coach?
    Neither of those sets of apologists
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Neither of those sets of apologists
      I love it when you take shots at Indycoug.
      *Banned*

Comment

• Thank you Bortles and Johnson!
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Anae has a year under his belt now. Bronco probably figured out that your team needs to work hard and practice to be good. Hill took a major step forward and will be healthy enough to work in the offseason.

The national media has on blue goggles compared to the average BYU fan on a message board. The Oline needs to improve and BYU needs to function without KVN and Hoffman. This is CFB. Almost every team has some question marks.

I'm buying in early this offseason. I never expected more than 8 wins this past year, but I'm hoping for big things in 2014. I think 10 wins is reasonable and I'm going to go ahead and hope for a perfect season.

So, I'm officially stoked and now I'm hoping BYU starts the year ranked, or at least high in the "others receiving votes" section. Being ranked going into the Texas game would be huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic Vega View Post
            Anae has a year under his belt now. Bronco probably figured out that your team needs to work hard and practice to be good. Hill took a major step forward and will be healthy enough to work in the offseason.

The national media has on blue goggles compared to the average BYU fan on a message board. The Oline needs to improve and BYU needs to function without KVN and Hoffman. This is CFB. Almost every team has some question marks.

I'm buying in early this offseason. I never expected more than 8 wins this past year, but I'm hoping for big things in 2014. I think 10 wins is reasonable and I'm going to go ahead and hope for a perfect season.

So, I'm officially stoked and now I'm hoping BYU starts the year ranked, or at least high in the "others receiving votes" section. Being ranked going into the Texas game would be huge.
            I always hope for the perfect season. I think it would be hard to argue BYU didn't underperform. Even being generous you give them 1 not expected, Texas and take away 2 not expected the other way, Virginia and Utah. ND was down, but hey it was on the road so I won't count that loss as dissapointing.

My expectations for next year are 9-3. Until proven otherwise the trend is to underperform, so I will bet 8-4 again.

Definitely an easier schedule so I think hoping they win 10-12 is not being ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              I always hope for the perfect season. I think it would be hard to argue BYU didn't underperform. Even being generous you give them 1 not expected, Texas and take away 2 not expected the other way, Virginia and Utah. ND was down, but hey it was on the road so I won't count that loss as dissapointing.

My expectations for next year are 9-3. Until proven otherwise the trend is to underperform, so I will bet 8-4 again.

Definitely an easier schedule so I think hoping they win 10-12 is not being ridiculous.
              Yes they underperformed. I am also sick of hearing how prepared the team is. To reach it's potential the coaches need to work harder and the players need to practice more. The early season record seems to suggest the team needs every practice before the opener.numbers Anae needs to find a way to get TEs involved again. The redzone needs to get better. But the offense looked much better and it's easy for me to see there could be a dramatic improve in scoring with just red zone improvement alone. Anae is good at what he does and so is Bronco. The team has talent and Bronco has shown a willingness to adjust to be being wrong in the past. If he stresses practice and repations along with everything else they do, I think the team could do well. The Oline is a concern, but they seemed better than last year.

Anything below 9 wins next year will be a huge disappointment. It's time to expect a good year. The D has been great and Anae seems to have the O near a tipping point of being really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic Vega View Post
                Yes they underperformed. I am also sick of hearing how prepared the team is. To reach it's potential the coaches need to work harder and the players need to practice more. The early season record seems to suggest the team needs every practice before the opener.numbers Anae needs to find a way to get TEs involved again. The redzone needs to get better. But the offense looked much better and it's easy for me to see there could be a dramatic improve in scoring with just red zone improvement alone. Anae is good at what he does and so is Bronco. The team has talent and Bronco has shown a willingness to adjust to be being wrong in the past. If he stresses practice and repations along with everything else they do, I think the team could do well. The Oline is a concern, but they seemed better than last year.

Anything below 9 wins next year will be a huge disappointment. It's time to expect a good year. The D has been great and Anae seems to have the O near a tipping point of being really good.
                Jay Ohmer is going to have these guys in incredible shape by the time Fall rolls around.

sigpic

Comment

Jay Ohmer is going to have these guys in incredible shape by the time Fall rolls around.
                  I'm sure they are working harder this offseason than they ever have before. Team is more united than ever, too.

In regards to preparation, can someone explain to me how a team that coaches/practices less than others can still be more organized and ready? Can I do it too, or is it some super-secret, proprietary method that only BYU coaches and the Coveys know?
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

He will. First step is getting rid of all the pesky ACLs and Shoulder Labriums, then they are clay in his hands.

In seriousness, I thought he just had the title for a couple of years until retirement and he wasn't really designing the programs. If that's true, you will need to move on to the next scapegoat. But really DDD, it's just time to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                      I'm sure they are working harder this offseason than they ever have before. Team is more united than ever, too.

In regards to preparation, can someone explain to me how a team that coaches/practices less than others can still be more organized and ready? Can I do it too, or is it some super-secret, proprietary method that only BYU coaches and the Coveys know?
                      This is just one man's opinion, but I really think the management guy who initially worked with Bronco really messed him up.

With soft schedules and Crowton's recruits and give him (Bronco) credit for good coaching, I think they had some very good years and added to the false sense of we can outthink and out organize everyone.

Comment

I'm also looking forward to them cutting fall camp short because they're so far ahead of schedule.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          This is just one man's opinion, but I really think the management guy who initially worked with Bronco really messed him up.

With soft schedules and Crowton's recruits and give him (Bronco) credit for good coaching, I think they had some very good years and added to the false sense of we can outthink and out organize everyone.
                          So you're saying that Bronco's program is dogmatic and insular? Got it. Perfect attributes for a Mormon school, though!
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

So you're saying that Bronco's program is dogmatic and insular? Got it. Perfect attributes for a Mormon school, though!
                            I had to look up those words. Yes, I would say that, my opinion. That doesn't make it so though. I am open to hearing counter points.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                              I'm also looking forward to them cutting fall camp short because they're so far ahead of schedule.
                              Also excited to hear about some sweet 40 times.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                                Unknown-7.jpeg

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X