Meaninglessly trivial thing I learned this morning -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
    That make pretty good money. Something I am actually looking into. It isn't underwater welder money, but it is good.
    I’m sure they make good money. I just find it funny they are certified. I mean, who certified them? Is there a test they take and a board that reviews and renews their certification as well as regulates their actions?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I’m sure they make good money. I just find it funny they are certified. I mean, who certified them? Is there a test they take and a board that reviews and renews their certification as well as regulates their actions?
      What do they do? Go to your house early in the morning and tell you to get out of bed and get to work? What do they offer that a bunch of twitterati cant offer for free?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        What do they do? Go to your house early in the morning and tell you to get out of bed and get to work? What do they offer that a bunch of twitterati cant offer for free?
        Sure, if that's what you need. Seems weird. I would assume that the type of people that need a life coach are also the same type of people that have a hard time holding down a job, hence the need for a life coach. In that case, who is paying for the life coach? Me as the taxpayer?

In that case, please raise your hand if you support paying for life coaches for all undocumented immigrants.

28stephensWeb-articleLarge.jpg
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Sure, if that's what you need. Seems weird. I would assume that the type of people that need a life coach are also the same type of people that have a hard time holding down a job, hence the need for a life coach. In that case, who is paying for the life coach? Me as the taxpayer?

In that case, please raise your hand if you support paying for life coaches for all undocumented immigrants.

[ATTACH]9668[/ATTACH]
          People like that can’t afford them. They are super expensive.

A few years ago our neighbor tried to become a life coach. We all got promotional materials. Nobody signed up.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            There is something called a “Certified Life Coach” which sounds about as ridiculous as it really is.
            a dad of one of the girls on my daughter's HS dance team was a certified life coach. his wife cleaned houses to help make ends meet. nothing wrong with cleaning houses to help with money, but i'm thinking they weren't exactly rolling in it. i imagine that dude woke up in the morning fairly often without much going on that day.

I should note, this guy was a pretty dynamic personality, smart, charismatic, etc. the type of guy who should be successful - just don't think the work was there.
            Last edited by smokymountainrain; 07-18-2019, 06:00 AM.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

After 20 years of dawdling, I finally understand the "Malkovich Malkovich" reference.

Comment

I had always thought turmeric was spelled “tumeric”
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  I had always thought turmeric was spelled “tumeric”
                  It's not?
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    People like that can’t afford them. They are super expensive.

A few years ago our neighbor tried to become a life coach. We all got promotional materials. Nobody signed up.
                    I would think the best approach to a successful career as a life coach would be to target rich people with underachieving/ne'er-do-well children. Then repurpose applicable LDS teaching material and throw in some SR Covey and then make millions.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                    X