No announcement yet.

Post your diet and workout plans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot wings, Little Debbies, move papers from one part of my office to another. That's pretty much it for me.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

I lift weights three days a week and am incorporating cardio again after a long time. I had a stress fracture and gnarly shin splints last summer and really got out of my groove and gained back 25 lbs. Realizing I will probably deal with this cycle my whole life is depressing.

I don't follow a particular diet plan except "eat less." I track what I eat or I go a little crazy snacking.
      "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

I am trying to eliminate snickers and late night brownies out of my diet to cut down on calories.

My summer workout is riding my bike about 500 miles a month and playing golf three times a week. When I golf I make sure I walk and carry my bag, it's a good workout and it feels more athletic when I do it. I go into the gym occasionally during the summer and lift but winters are so long and I'm stuck in that gym from November to April that it's hard to make it in there during the summer.

Comment

2000 calories a day or less, push ups and sit ups every night, jump rope every other night, hoops on a 3/4 court once a week.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Right now I am dropping weight so I am 1200 calories a day (plus exercise). I am also vegetarian and I don't eat processed foods or non-whole grains. I occasionally violate one or more of those principles, so it's not super strict, but I probably consume animal proteins (other than in eggs/milk/cheese) no more than once a week. And red meat is right out. Lots of nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, whole grains.

Triathlon season is over so I'm running six days a week, lifting twice, yoga once. It will bump up to seven days a week running when marathon training starts.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

The last time I dropped a lot of weight I counted calories and did nothing but run or P90X/Insanity workouts. Right now I don't even care what my calorie intake is with the workouts I am doing. But I am concerned with nutrition. So where my calories are coming from are important. I try to eat a lot of protein and a lot of veggies.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                I am trying to eliminate snickers and late night brownies out of my diet to cut down on calories....
                I'm trying to eliminate snickers when I appear at the gym in my flesh-hugging UnderArmour compression t-shirt. Probably won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  I'm trying to eliminate snickers when I appear at the gym in my flesh-hugging UnderArmour compression t-shirt. Probably won't happen.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    2000 calories a day or less, push ups and sit ups every night, jump rope every other night, hoops on a 3/4 court once a week.
                    Based on that photo of you in your avatar it looks like this routine is working!
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Based on that photo of you in your avatar it looks like this routine is working!
                      I was in my late 20s in that photo. My goal is to look like that again!
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        I was in my late 20s in that photo. My goal is to look like that again!
                        lol!
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                          Yeah, I remember him mentioning that about diabetes. The funny thing is, nothing he was saying was particularly new--the medical community has been on this for 20+ years--but he was acting like it was revolutionary stuff. Every doctor asks diabetics to cut carbs. They just don't want to. Every doctor is also concerned about insulin resistance, another of his revolutionary concepts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                          That and exersize is basically what I do - it took about a year, but I'm off of all meds and have been for going on 5 yrs now

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Vega View Post
                            This is what I am starting this weekend. Keep it simple. I have never felt compelled to lose some weight, but I need to lose some big pounds. I developed a gift to look at the mirror and see my college body, when in reality I became a true fatty.

I have been busy all summer, so I have been putting off the diet until some things wrap up at work tomorrow. I have been dreading this, but I am glad the time is finally here.

I am going to consume 1000 calories less than I need to with a sedentary lifestyle. I bought a decent dumbbell set and bench.

Day 1: Pecs and shoulders
                            Day 2: Arms
                            Day 3: Legs
                            Day 4: Back
                            Day 5: Day off if I make through the 1st 4 without a break.
                            Repeat

3 X's a week 6 miles jog walk and I am hoping to work until I can turn that into a nice 1 hour run.

I am hoping to get my weight back where I want it in a few more months and then work it into a more healthy lifestyle. I just can't let the feeling of responsibility at work and family make me feel guilty for taking care of myself.

I need to buy a better setup for my legs, but I just don't go to the gym, so it's a start.
                            ^^^^^^That is how the work out plan started. Reality? I waited 5 more days to start. I have been religious about counting calories. I'm probably eating less than I'm supposed to, but I'd rather do that than too much for where I am at.

I have lifted a few minutes a few times and jogged a couple of miles a couple of times. I have lost more than 3.5% of my body weight in 8 days. That rate will slow down, or I'll start eating more.

I have had another stupid self revelation(the 1st was that I have become fat), but I have finally internalized that diet is more important than exercise in maintaining weight.

I'm hoping to get where I want to be in the next couple of months and then I will focus more on lifting.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Vega View Post
                              ^^^^^^That is how the work out plan started. Reality? I waited 5 more days to start. I have been religious about counting calories. I'm probably eating less than I'm supposed to, but I'd rather do that than too much for where I am at.

I have lifted a few minutes a few times and jogged a couple of miles a couple of times. I have lost more than 3.5% of my body weight in 8 days. That rate will slow down, or I'll start eating more.

I have had another stupid self revelation(the 1st was that I have become fat), but I have finally internalized that diet is more important than exercise in maintaining weight.

I'm hoping to get where I want to be in the next couple of months and then I will focus more on lifting.
                              Good job. I totally and completely agree that diet is more important than exercise, in terms of fat loss. Something to also understand when looking at the scale, is the effect of water weight. Your water weight can swing 3-5 lbs pretty easily based on your calories especially your carbs. It's typical to lose 8 lbs on the scale the first week after a crash diet, and maybe 5 of that is water and 3 is fat loss. So keep that in mind that you won't continue to see a straight line of weight loss like that if you include the water weight loss.

Comment

Anyone use EC (ephedrine caffeine) stack? I'm ashamed to admit, but I've tried it and I'm doing it now. I know it's completely unhealthy but it works big time for me and I'm vain and trying to get the Riley Nelson six pack abs.

Comment

Working...
                                X