No announcement yet.

Post your diet and workout plans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't count calories, but I do count carb exhanges try to keep to about 15 per day. If I don't write it down - it gets a little out of wach.

I've got to get going again - I need to lose 20 lbs ............again
    currently 193, I want to get down to about 170

work out - as most of you know I walk/jog every day - including Sundays. I jog 3-4 times a week for a total of between 10-15 miles and walk/jog a total of between 40-45 miles/week

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      nice. Keep up the good work. I think this time around I am going to start lifting weights as well as run. I just find it hard to motivate and push myself when lifting alone in the garage. I am going to have to figure it out though, as it is my only option right now.
      Lifting alone is tough. It's hard to really push yourself and nearly impossible to work out too failure. Though you have that smith machine which helps. Working out with my two training partners is really motivating.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
        I don't count calories, but I do count carb exhanges try to keep to about 15 per day. If I don't write it down - it gets a little out of wach.

I've got to get going again - I need to lose 20 lbs ............again
        currently 193, I want to get down to about 170

work out - as most of you know I walk/jog every day - including Sundays. I jog 3-4 times a week for a total of between 10-15 miles and walk/jog a total of between 40-45 miles/week
        What do you mean carb exchanges?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          What do you mean carb exchanges?
          1 carp exhange/serving ~ 15 gms of carb. <5 don't count

It comes from the American Diabetic Assoc diet (I'm type II)

When I'm being good they break down something like this

2-3 servings (exhanges) breakfast
          2-3 servings lunch
          1 serving afternoon snack
          3-4 servings diner
          1-2 good night snack

I normally walk/jog in the afternoon - after the snack (normally a cup of milk or a can of V8)

as noted about, one of my problems is if I don't write stuff down - I lose control of what is going into the gullet.
          another problem I have is that I don't like leafy green vegis.

For the restof the diet I try to follow the food pyramid (or what ever it is called these days)

If I do this my morning blood sugar is normally between 80-90. It hasn't been so good recently, so.............................
          Last edited by happyone; 08-28-2013, 02:24 PM.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

2-3 servings lunch
            3-4 servings diner
            1-2 good night snack

I normally walk/jog in the afternoon - after the snack (normally a cup of milk)

as noted about, one of my problems is if I don't write stuff down - I lose control of what is going into the gullet.
            I counted carbs for quite a while. What I found is basically:

to lose weight: eat really strict and feel a little hungry all the time
            to maintain: eat really strict and never feel hungry or eat some crap food and force myself to feel hungry sometimes
            gain: eat all i want all the time

Genius, I know.

Comment

2-3 servings lunch
              3-4 servings diner
              1-2 good night snack

I normally walk/jog in the afternoon - after the snack (normally a cup of milk or a can of V8)

another problem I have is that I don't like leafy green vegis.

For the restof the diet I try to follow the food pyramid (or what ever it is called these days)
              I just read this book about sugar: http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Nation-H.../dp/1401323448

Dude was diagnosed as Type II and then essentially cut all carbs. He goes on and on and on about how carbs are bad. Hated the book but there were some interesting parts. Just wondering if you have read that and if he was crazy.

Comment

to maintain: eat really strict and never feel hungry or eat some crap food and force myself to feel hungry sometimes

Genius, I know.
                This is what I am starting this weekend. Keep it simple. I have never felt compelled to lose some weight, but I need to lose some big pounds. I developed a gift to look at the mirror and see my college body, when in reality I became a true fatty.

I have been busy all summer, so I have been putting off the diet until some things wrap up at work tomorrow. I have been dreading this, but I am glad the time is finally here.

I am going to consume 1000 calories less than I need to with a sedentary lifestyle. I bought a decent dumbbell set and bench.

Day 1: Pecs and shoulders
                Day 2: Arms
                Day 3: Legs
                Day 4: Back
                Day 5: Day off if I make through the 1st 4 without a break.
                Repeat

3 X's a week 6 miles jog walk and I am hoping to work until I can turn that into a nice 1 hour run.

I am hoping to get my weight back where I want it in a few more months and then work it into a more healthy lifestyle. I just can't let the feeling of responsibility at work and family make me feel guilty for taking care of myself.

I need to buy a better setup for my legs, but I just don't go to the gym, so it's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Vega View Post
                  This is what I am starting this weekend. Keep it simple. I have never felt compelled to lose some weight, but I need to lose some big pounds. I developed a gift to look at the mirror and see my college body, when in reality I became a true fatty.

I have been busy all summer, so I have been putting off the diet until some things wrap up at work tomorrow. I have been dreading this, but I am glad the time is finally here.

I am going to consume 1000 calories less than I need to with a sedentary lifestyle. I bought a decent dumbbell set and bench.

Day 1: Pecs and shoulders
                  Day 2: Arms
                  Day 3: Legs
                  Day 4: Back
                  Day 5: Day off if I make through the 1st 4 without a break.
                  Repeat

3 X's a week 6 miles jog walk and I am hoping to work until I can turn that into a nice 1 hour run.

I am hoping to get my weight back where I want it in a few more months and then work it into a more healthy lifestyle. I just can't let the feeling of responsibility at work and family make me feel guilty for taking care of myself.

I need to buy a better setup for my legs, but I just don't go to the gym, so it's a start.
                  For legs with a dumbbell set you can still good a good workout. Possibilities: goblet squat, lunges, Bulgarian split squats, high step ups, plyometric squat jumps.

Comment

For legs with a dumbbell set you can still good a good workout. Possibilities: goblet squat, lunges, Bulgarian split squats, high step ups, plyometric squat jumps.
                    Thanks! I'm excited to add these to the leg day.

Comment

Genius, I know.
                      That about covers it

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        I just read this book about sugar: http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Nation-H.../dp/1401323448

Dude was diagnosed as Type II and then essentially cut all carbs. He goes on and on and on about how carbs are bad. Hated the book but there were some interesting parts. Just wondering if you have read that and if he was crazy.
                        I haven't, but I am suspecious of anyone who is an absolutist - I'll have to get it and thumb through it

Comment

I referenced an interview I heard with him in the Sugar thread. Yes, I think he's a bit insane. Also, dishonest--he claims that he was exercising 3-4 hours a day, cutting calories, and still gaining weight, all while in grad school. I'm calling BS on that. The book sounded interesting though. Why did you hate it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                            I referenced an interview I heard with him in the Sugar thread. Yes, I think he's a bit insane. Also, dishonest--he claims that he was exercising 3-4 hours a day, cutting calories, and still gaining weight, all while in grad school. I'm calling BS on that. The book sounded interesting though. Why did you hate it?

I don't know. I really got bored. I was glad it was a library book. There were parts and chapters where it just was the same thing over and over and the lack of supporting evidence, or what he considered to be supporting evidence was laughable at times. I imagine a lot of what he wrote was true and that we are fighting diabetes in the wrong way (by using drugs and not controlling carbs as much as we should), but for some reason the book annoyed me.

Comment

For diet, I try to loosely follow a paleo diet consisting mostly of lean meats, vegetables, and fruit. I do count my calories because I've found that it's too easy for me to snack and not even really think about it. If I record everything I eat, I'm much less likely to snack on unhealthy, great-tasting foods. It also makes me think more about whether I want to add the calories, fat, and sugar in that piece of cake. I've come to realize how important diet is. You can workout for an hour to an hour and a half and burn 1,000 calories, then ruin it all in five minutes when you go out to breakfast with your friends later that morning. It's so easy to undo all your hard work.

I don't have to plan anything for my workouts. I show up and do the workout on the board. I keep track of everything I do, and it's really motivating seeing how far I've come. For example, when I started, I couldn't even budge 225 pounds. Now, I can deadlift that without a problem. Or this morning, I did a rope climb for the first time in my life. I think that whatever you do, both for dieting and exercise, if you stick with it, you'll improve, feel healthier, and feel better about yourself.
                              Not that, sickos.

Comment

I don't know. I really got bored. I was glad it was a library book. There were parts and chapters where it just was the same thing over and over and the lack of supporting evidence, or what he considered to be supporting evidence was laughable at times. I imagine a lot of what he wrote was true and that we are fighting diabetes in the wrong way (by using drugs and not controlling carbs as much as we should), but for some reason the book annoyed me.
                                Yeah, I remember him mentioning that about diabetes. The funny thing is, nothing he was saying was particularly new--the medical community has been on this for 20+ years--but he was acting like it was revolutionary stuff. Every doctor asks diabetics to cut carbs. They just don't want to. Every doctor is also concerned about insulin resistance, another of his revolutionary concepts.

At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                                X