No announcement yet.

Post your diet and workout plans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming up on 1 month with having only refined sugar one day a week. I have been exercising 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I haven't lost a pound. I realize that 30 min a day isn't that much but I was convinced that cutting out a lot of sugar and moderate exercise would do something. I feel great as far as energy goes so its not all for not.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
      Coming up on 1 month with having only refined sugar one day a week. I have been exercising 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I haven't lost a pound. I realize that 30 min a day isn't that much but I was convinced that cutting out a lot of sugar and moderate exercise would do something.
      Are you having only sugar one day, or are you having sugar only one day? I will assume it is the latter. That should be great for reducing your risk of insulin resistance and such. Quality exercise, even for thirty minutes every day, should have measurable benefits with endurance, strength, etc. In the end, though, for weight loss, it's basically a matter of calories in vs. calories out. If you haven't lost a pound, you seem to be at equilibrium. Increase exercise and/or reduce calories for a net deficit of 500 calories per day, and see where you are four to six weeks from now.

I feel great as far as energy goes so its not all for not.
      Trolling DH, huh?
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
        Are you having only sugar one day, or are you having sugar only one day? I will assume it is the latter. That should be great for reducing your risk of insulin resistance and such. Quality exercise, even for thirty minutes every day, should have measurable benefits with endurance, strength, etc. In the end, though, for weight loss, it's basically a matter of calories in vs. calories out. If you haven't lost a pound, you seem to be at equilibrium. Increase exercise and/or reduce calories for a net deficit of 500 calories per day, and see where you are four to six weeks from now.

Makes sense. I either 1) overestimated the amount of sugar I was consuming or 2) I am compensating my past sugar intake with some other empty calories.

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
        Trolling DH, huh?
        Not purposefully. I'm just lazy and suffering from sugar withdrawals.

Comment

• When I was trying to cut some pounds calories were the only thing I looked at it. Not fat, sugar, carbs or anything else; strictly calories. Some people say that doesn't work for them, but it did for me.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            When I was trying to cut some pounds calories were the only thing I looked at it. Not fat, sugar, carbs or anything else; strictly calories. Some people say that doesn't work for them, but it did for me.
            It works for everyone. The people who claim it doesn't work are either cheating or aren't being very accurate in tracking their calorie intake.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              It works for everyone. The people who claim it doesn't work are either cheating or aren't being very accurate in tracking their calorie intake.
              Yeah when people tell me that I usually think they're full of shit, but I don't know enough to know for sure. Does seem like the only thing that works, though.

Comment

Yeah when people tell me that I usually think they're full of shit, but I don't know enough to know for sure. Does seem like the only thing that works, though.
                The uber secret method to losing weight: burn more calories than you consume.

Never quite understood why this concept is so hard for so many to understand.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

That's why I never understand these strange diets. A friend was doing that paleo stuff because he wanted to lose weight. He's explaining this laundry list of all the crap he can and can't eat, and I said "just eat fewer calories." He was pretty convinced on this thing though.

Comment

When I finally got serious about losing weight it was when I used Fit Day (thanks Pelagius) and tracked every bite that went in my mouth. I was busting out a scale at the dinner table to measure proportions. And Fit Day kept me accountable. Hell it served as a deterrent as well. Sometimes I didn't indulge in a snack simple because I didn't want to have to log it. With my diet in check and my exercise I could see a calorie deficit and the pounds melted off.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

That's why I never understand these strange diets. A friend was doing that paleo stuff because he wanted to lose weight. He's explaining this laundry list of all the crap he can and can't eat, and I said "just eat fewer calories." He was pretty convinced on this thing though.
                      And no coincidence that these strange diets never last. It is odd that so many people seemingly want to commit to radical changes in their lives (by way of eliminating all carbs or all sugar or eating nothing but seeds or consuming only protein) when it would be much easier to commit to exercising regularly. If you are going to make a radical change in your life, why not commit to burning calories instead of eliminating basic staples of the human diet.

sigpic

Comment

I think the paleo diet can help. I follow a modified paleo diet because I've found that it helps me eat healthier foods (I add good carbs). But the biggest factor in my weight loss is diligently tracking my calorie intake and exercise. Even if I eat some junk food, I track it because accurately tracking calories is the single best thing I've done. If I don't track calories, even on a healthy diet, I'll gain weight over time.
                        Not that, sickos.

Comment

And no coincidence that these strange diets never last. It is odd that so many people seemingly want to commit to radical changes in their lives (by way of eliminating all carbs or all sugar or eating nothing but seeds or consuming only protein) when it would be much easier to commit to exercising regularly. If you are going to make a radical change in your life, why not commit to burning more calories and consuming fewer unnecessary calories instead of eliminating basic staples of the human diet.
                          Most people can't out exercise the fork, so fitness is going to require both dietary and activity adjustments. The key is, the dietary adjustments need to be of a nature that is sustainable over a lifetime. I agree with most of what you said, but I would change it to the above.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                            I think the paleo diet can help. I follow a modified paleo diet because I've found that it helps me eat healthier foods (I add good carbs). But the biggest factor in my weight loss is diligently tracking my calorie intake and exercise. Even if I eat some junk food, I track it because accurately tracking calories is the single best thing I've done. If I don't track calories, even on a healthy diet, I'll gain weight over time.
                            of course modifying your diet will help you meet your goals. it is easier to eat at a deficit when you are eating seeds instead of eating cheeseburgers. But the larger point is confirmed by your experience....burn more calories than you consume and you will lose weight.

sigpic

Comment

• I've fallen so far off the wagon. Haven't worked out in almost a month. Sleeping six hours a night. Comfort eating. Basically trying to destroy my body as fast as I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Most people can't out exercise the fork, so fitness is going to require both dietary and activity adjustments. The key is, the dietary adjustments need to be of a nature that is sustainable over a lifetime. I agree with most of what you said, but I would change it to the above.
                                Agreed.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X