Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about the meat place behind Costco in Lehi/AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about the meat place behind Costco in Lehi/AF?

I just noticed it the other day when I decided to drive a different route home from shopping. Is it a butcher? Probably too much to ask. I guess it could be a wholesaler of some kind. Or possibly one of those places that process and store your deer/other game for you.

Anyone know what it is?

Carson Meats. It has been there for a long time as far as I can tell. They wholesale or custom cut your own animals. On Saturdays they will often have a tent outside and they are smoking or grilling, giving out samples. I popped by once and tried some..it was good, nothing amazing. I inquired about briskest but the smallest portion you can buy is half of an animal. I don't need that much at one time.

There is a traditional butcher shop being built in highland by Kohlers (Ridleys). Slated to open in October. Can't remember the name of it but it is going to be a nice sized shop. It is being build as a standalone store as opposed to an inline on a pad. That would be sweet to live so close to a quality butcher shop.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

The one behind Costco was just built, it is right in front of the tire and lube center. Maybe it is Carson meats and they moved.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        The one behind Costco was just built, it is right in front of the tire and lube center. Maybe it is Carson meats and they moved.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
        I live like half a mile from there. Carsons was always there, it was just a dumpy building before. Rumor around here is that the owners have resisted attempts by others to buy them off the property...it does look kinda weird there tucked in next to Costco. With the road widening, they and the house across the street (might be connected?) were offered money again, turned it down, but took money for having their property cut into. With that money they rebuilt Carsons and prettied it up a bit. Or so they say around here.

I've also seen the new place going up that DDD referenced and am hopeful that it ends up being decent.

Comment

Just stopped by here today. It is in fact a retail store now. They had a few refrigerator cases with prepared meat (ground beef, steaks, etc.) Grass-fed beef. I was there to get a pork belly as I'm going to try my hand at bacon over the holidays. But looked around a bit. Had a good looking packer brisket in the case, some roasts, etc.

My long drives to Centerville to Don's Meats may be over!
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            Just stopped by here today. It is in fact a retail store now. They had a few refrigerator cases with prepared meat (ground beef, steaks, etc.) Grass-fed beef. I was there to get a pork belly as I'm going to try my hand at bacon over the holidays. But looked around a bit. Had a good looking packer brisket in the case, some roasts, etc.

My long drives to Centerville to Don's Meats may be over!
            Nice. I just picked up an angus packer from Meiers yesterday. What are the prices like at Carson's? Sweet, zero to two butcher shops in a couple of months!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Nice. I just picked up an angus packer from Meiers yesterday. What are the prices like at Carson's? Sweet, zero to two butcher shops in a couple of months!
              Haven't gone by Meier's yet. It sounded more like a higher end grocery than a butcher shop? Good to hear they have packers at least.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                Haven't gone by Meier's yet. It sounded more like a higher end grocery than a butcher shop? Good to hear they have packers at least.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
                Went to Meier's today for the first time. From what I saw, it's definitely a higher end grocer and not a butcher shop. Not a piece of prime beef to be had - although the sign over the meat counter says they have prime. The guys behind the counter all were wearing BYU hats, so I guess that's something. Also, it's big enough that they pretty much have what you're looking for, but small enough that if you just need a gallon of milk and a loaf of Grandma Sycamore's you can be in and out in about 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by lenvi8
                  Awesome detailed article. I really like it. Thanks for sharing. It is the best guide for Best Golf Iron For Mid Handicappers. You will love it once you get best mid handicappers irons.
                  Are the irons good meat tenderizers?
                  Last edited by beefytee; 02-13-2020, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X